Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    The fact remains that Haste is our best secondary stat at most levels of gear. The suggestion that there are critical points for Haste, like the 4th Holy Radiance tick, is probably true, but the value of Haste would only diminish -slightly- beyond that point. It would still be slightly ahead of Mastery in pure throughput according to the latest EJ math.
    If you're looking at the same post as I did that person on EJ was assuming a 100% efficiency for the mastery which is pretty damn far from the truth (even if you are tank healing you won't get it over 50%)

Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    You're looking at a large rating number and then a small increase and going "wow, this must not be worth it". That's not how gearing works. The rating to percent conversion is dirt low for -every- stat, not just Haste. You have to do the math for the alternative options, not just look at the primary option.

The fact remains that Haste is our best secondary stat at most levels of gear. The suggestion that there are critical points for Haste, like the 4th Holy Radiance tick, is probably true, but the value of Haste would only diminish -slightly- beyond that point. It would still be slightly ahead of Mastery in pure throughput according to the latest EJ math.

Once the remaining math gets done (you can see a lot of it in the latest pages on the EJ thread), we'll be able to say for certain.
    All im looking at is the 4 set and those relative peices as i would get haste items anyway for anything else.

Every holy pally should aim for 4 set bonus. If you aim for Head, shoulders, gloves & legs you get the bare minimum loss in haste, with reforging and correct gemming since head, shoulders and legs have a nice int socket bonus you can put a few hybrid haste gems in. In total i lose 203(1.5%) haste since only gloves, legs and helm have haste on that are not tier that drop.

I still go for haste everywhere i can but we have to deal with the face that tier doesnt have any and its a minimal loss in haste anyway. I would love all my items to have sprit and haste on it but unfortunatly we cant and if that did happen we would be sitting at like 40% raid buffed in the first tier and that would be pretty OP since we get 12% haste from talents alone.

All in all get tier as soon as your able but if your not killing the end bosses to get that last peice you will need you can hold off on tier for a while but 2 set is decent and not much of a haste loss there either.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Mahi View Post
    I don't disagree with you, but there actually is a spirit/haste chestpiece (Breastplate of Avenging Flame).
    i have not said about using the tier chest peice as im using the spirit haste chest i only said about picking up gloves, legs shoulders and helm
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    All im looking at is the 4 set and those relative peices as i would get haste items anyway for anything else.

Every holy pally should aim for 4 set bonus. If you aim for Head, shoulders, gloves & legs you get the bare minimum loss in haste, with reforging and correct gemming since head, shoulders and legs have a nice int socket bonus you can put a few hybrid haste gems in. In total i lose 203(1.5%) haste since only gloves, legs and helm have haste on that are not tier that drop.

I still go for haste everywhere i can but we have to deal with the face that tier doesnt have any and its a minimal loss in haste anyway. I would love all my items to have sprit and haste on it but unfortunatly we cant and if that did happen we would be sitting at like 40% raid buffed in the first tier and that would be pretty OP since we get 12% haste from talents alone.

All in all get tier as soon as your able but if your not killing the end bosses to get that last peice you will need you can hold off on tier for a while but 2 set is decent and not much of a haste loss there either.
    You're saying exactly the same as Nillo did, except you don't realise that the Tier is not good, UNLESS you can equip 4 parts. Until you have all 4 parts, you shouldn't equip a single one unless you had a lower lvl item equipped in that slot before.