Gemcrafter Extrodinare?

Has anyone else had any problems with this or know anything about it? I've cut quite a few cata blue gems since release and none have counted, but someone in my guild with about 345 jewelcrafting cut a blue BC gem and it did count. I've tried various different colors and stat gems with no luck.

Honored reputation with your guild may be required.

Quote Originally Posted by Eiiga View Post
    Has anyone else had any problems with this or know anything about it? I've cut quite a few cata blue gems since release and none have counted, but someone in my guild with about 345 jewelcrafting cut a blue BC gem and it did count. I've tried various different colors and stat gems with no luck.
    I talked to a GM about this. They said the achievement is currently bugged and they are working on it.

Right now if a jewelcrafter cuts a rare gem or above (Cataclysm) it does not count. The only thing I have found that counts is if an alchemist transmutes a gem. The GM said that is not the case as it specifically states "cuts".

10+ Year Old Account
    I've noticed this as well. Luckily the WotLK and TBC rare gems are sold on the AH for close to what they vendor for on my server - so I just buy them up and cut them for the achievement.