Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Cower... fkin serious?

thats so fucking awesome how cower can be dodged/FUCKING PARRIED. with feral as it is right now, i cannot effectively drop aggro. even with giving tanks 5+ seconds to generate decent aggro. anyone else think it should be more like feign death?

10+ Year Old Account
    Stop attacking from the front and you'll never get parried. Get expertise capped and you'll never be dodged.

I would think that is a bug, can't think of any other aggro reduction mechanic that happens with. I'd submit a bug report on the official forums/in game.
    Devils used to be gods, angels that fell from the top.

Quote Originally Posted by M_10
    I once said "brb [posessive noun] [noun] [verb] [preposition] [article] [noun]." That group was probably confused.

another feral druid that reforged EVERY point of hit or expertize into mastery? no wonder ya miss.
    still having it get dodged or parried sounds odd... tho if you get agro that easy try starting with pounce? always gave my tanks enough time for threat buildup

Herald of the Titans RaoBurning's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SeabeastRivin View Post
    Stop attacking from the front and you'll never get parried. Get expertise capped and you'll never be dodged.
    Get Omen/Skada/Turn on the built in threat watcher and you'll never have to worry about needed an aggro drop. :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    This is America. We always have warm dead bodies.
    if we had confidence that the President clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said that.

expertise cap = worthless. and when you pull aggro due to bleeds and no energy to use cower, you kinda cant attack frombehind.

It works like feint, instead of like hand of salv or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lithirium View Post
    expertise cap = worthless. and when you pull aggro due to bleeds and no energy to use cower, you kinda cant attack frombehind.
    Obviously it's not as worthless as you seem to think it is.

Quote Originally Posted by wrathblade View Post
    another feral druid that reforged EVERY point of hit or expertize into mastery? no wonder ya miss.
    still having it get dodged or parried sounds odd... tho if you get agro that easy try starting with pounce? always gave my tanks enough time for threat buildup
    i am starting with pounce. and no, i havent reforged my expertise into mastery, ive been reforging stats INTO expertise.

---------- Post added 2011-01-05 at 04:24 AM ----------

you can leave, thanks for your negative input.

Quote Originally Posted by Gotnobubble View Post
    I would think that is a bug, can't think of any other aggro reduction mechanic that happens with. I'd submit a bug report on the official forums/in game.
    Feint is a similar mechanic (non-damaging attack that reduces threat) so I'd assume it could be avoided as well.

Expertise is there for a reason, though. You should look into it (in addition to standing behind mobs where you belong).

Pretty much every cat does not go for expertise and hit because we get energy return and no loss of combo points on a miss/parry/dodge.

I've also noticed my cower has been getting dodged and parried--though what bugs me the most is that the parried cowers seem to happen while I am behind the creature (mostly bosses) I am trying to drop aggro from. I may have read something wrong, but I thought from behind you couldn't be parried.

10+ Year Old Account
    you can leave, thanks for your negative input.
    Because your posts are sooooo positive and constructive.

I do find it amusing that you claimed expertise was worthless and right after said you were reforging to it though.

Quote Originally Posted by CallMeKitty View Post
    Pretty much every cat does not go for expertise and hit because we get energy return and no loss of combo points on a miss/parry/dodge.

I've also noticed my cower has been getting dodged and parried--though what bugs me the most is that the parried cowers seem to happen while I am behind the creature (mostly bosses) I am trying to drop aggro from. I may have read something wrong, but I thought from behind you couldn't be parried.
    Mobs aren't supposed to parry from behind, no. If you're getting parried from behind (and it's not due to lag) then it's probably a bug.

Cower is meant to be used BEFORE you pull aggro, so turn on the threatmeter and l2p. The only problem is you.

Quote Originally Posted by MystiskeM View Post
    Cower is meant to be used BEFORE you pull aggro, so turn on the threatmeter and l2p. The only problem is you.
    Right, BUT. the 10 second cooldown prevents you from using it very much. Also seabeastrivin, he is not parrying from behind. its when i pull aggro when cower is on CD, or i have no energy for it that he is parrying.

---------- Post added 2011-01-05 at 04:36 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Feint is a similar mechanic (non-damaging attack that reduces threat) so I'd assume it could be avoided as well.

Expertise is there for a reason, though. You should look into it (in addition to standing behind mobs where you belong).
    i am behind it, i never said i wasnt. dont assume, and look at my gear. im reforging to expertise

Deleted
    So, as I see it, the OP can't either install or look at his threat meters, and wants Blizzard to give him a get out of stupidity land free card.

Meh.

Right, BUT. the 10 second cooldown prevents you from using it very much.....
    10 seconds isn't much of a cooldown at all.

AT ALL.

If you know you're going to rip threat it's a tool to help slow you down. It isn't a feign death or vanish, it's just a soft tap at the target. Use it when you're threat is getting ready to pull and slow down and maybe use it sooner rather than later?

I'd say it's a problem with your tank considering how Feral DPS isn't even top tier at the moment, god knows how you're pulling aggro.

I have an idea, it might sound a little bit crazy.. but here goes....
    Get a threat meter, when you see you're about to pull aggro stop attacking so the tank can get more aggro.... unless that hurts your DPS, oh no.
    Do you know how they came up with the name Canada?

They put several letters into a hat and drew each letter out. `The first letter is C, eh. The next letter is N, eh. The last letter is D, eh.`
    And that is how you spell Candada. C-eh-N-eh-D-eh.

Meh.

Don't complain about parries if you aren't expertise capped. Sure it sucks ass, but if you're not paying attention to your threat enough to surpass the tank then try to madly drop off the top then you should look into expertise capping. Also, energy management is another thing you should consider if you're going to be riding the "I'm too busy spamming my abilities to care about energy in case for some reason I pull aggro" train.

While they can be dodged and parried or even miss, there are ways to rectify this without complaining and asking for a completely different mechanic in lieu of adapting and learning how to manage your aggro better. It's part of being a better damage dealer, and required to raid effectively.

Frankly, your post just sounds like you pulled aggro in a random from a crappy tank and died because your cower got parried. Completely not a reason to flip out and ask for an easier mechanic, rather than adjusting your play style so that you're not in that situation.

15+ Year Old Account
    So you're complaining that your cower gets parried when you pull aggro from the tank so the boss is facing you (most likely hitting you and either killing you or making the healer having to heal avoidable damage)?...

The question is, are YOU fkin serious?