Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Playerbase refuses to do fun stuff in WoW!

Dear people,

Alot of threads pop up about WoW: Cataclysm already being so boring. I know what you are getting at but It's not the games fault, it is yourself's.
    The game itself isn't boring at all and has ALOT to offer to any kind of player. However it seems like 99% of the community doesn't want to do anything
    that is actually fun.

Examples:

We are playing the World of WARcraft. War is nowhere to be found because people refuse to. There is this achievement where you have
    to kill 2500 players in enemy homecities with your guild. Not a single player in my guild, or any other guild I know, wants to do this because they are too
    busy 'playing the AH' or 'Farming mats' or perhaps even 'running around Org don't want any repair bills'.

Dungeon achievements same story: LFM Cataclysm Dungeon Heroic achievements. Zero replies whatsoever. Why? Because all they want is easy Heroics to get their points.
    Later at night, after hours of doing nothing interesting or fun, they can raid, kill a few bosses and rinse repeat.

Another guild achievement: Guildleader doesn't want to turn on guild repairs so we can't the 'Spend 50000g on guildrepairs' achievement. Now this achievment actually sounds
    sort of fun to me. If only just to see how long it takes or just for that moment you actually achieve it. But no we have to save the 114k we already have so we can make 200k of it for no reason at all. MOTIVATE your guild and pull that switch of guild repairs.

THIS is why playing WoW is boring. Not because of the game, but because of it's playerbase.

There are so many more fun things players refuse to do for themselves or for others and I'd like to know what YOU haven't done what you actually would like to do, but that others refuse to.

Please share your thoughts.

Deleted
    Just one little thing.. if your guild master were to turn on guild bank repairs, would you suddenly die more? You'd become more suicidal just to get that achievement or something? :S

how exactly is spending 50k on repairs a "fun" achievement?
    Last edited by Ethermal; 2011-01-05 at 10:21 AM. Reason: typo

I used to mess around alot in ironforge, like getting on top of the AH and stuff. Then I would use a shadow focuing lens or whatever it is.

People would ask how to do it, we would then get a group of like a lot of people and explore the rest of the day.

Inspiration would help, people don't know how fun something will be until they do it.

Deleted
    Wow's playerbase has been greatly flawed for years in many many different ways. Just take a look around these forums, I bet you anything you'l get flamed for this post.

I think your sample size for 'playerbase' is far too limited; IE: your own guild.

Try a new guild. From my standpoint, it sounds like the people you surround yourself with are not like-minded individuals. My guild consistently has about 10 or so people interested in doing the wacky nonsense achievements. We ran 5 heroics tonight getting random achievements and to top the night off we were mad dashing around doing any and every quest we could do up our guild rep to grab the Dark Phoenix.

All in all, re-read your own post from an outsider standpoint. And replace 'the wow playerbase' with 'my guild'. You'll see what I mean.

You have 114k in your guild's bank and still don't succeed to make a point about spending it?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sarethen View Post
    Wow's playerbase has been greatly flawed for years in many many different ways. Just take a look around these forums, I bet you anything you'l get flamed for this post.
    Dude, I was getting out my gasoline and lighters until I read this...

Quote Originally Posted by furriusmurrius View Post
    I think your sample size for 'playerbase' is far too limited; IE: your own guild.

Try a new guild. From my standpoint, it sounds like the people you surround yourself with are not like-minded individuals. My guild consistently has about 10 or so people interested in doing the wacky nonsense achievements. We ran 5 heroics tonight getting random achievements and to top the night off we were mad dashing around doing any and every quest we could do up our guild rep to grab the Dark Phoenix.

All in all, re-read your own post from an outsider standpoint. And replace 'the wow playerbase' with 'my guild'. You'll see what I mean.
    Obviously It's not just my guild. There are like 5 50 page long threads about how people find Cataclysm already boring. That's whats this thread is about anyway.

Deleted
    Yeah, adding to that, my guildies are constantly doing achievements. Any kind.. they're having a race who has the most points, so they're always up for trying the heroic achievements etc. You probably should be looking at another guild or something (server transfer perhaps ).

We've been doing the old raids/heroics, getting 50k cooking things (or was it 5k? I did the last 40% on my own anyway), 50k fishing (halfway) etc... there's also stuff you can do on your own of course but it's more fun with guildies )

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghoma View Post
    Dear people,

Alot of threads pop up about WoW: Cataclysm already being so boring. I know what you are getting at but It's not the games fault, it is yourself's.
    The game itself isn't boring at all and has ALOT to offer to any kind of player. However it seems like 99% of the community doesn't want to do anything
    that is actually fun.

Please share your thoughts.
    You listed things you found fun and seem to assume that everyone else also finds them fun but refuse to do them. and I don't understand the logic of this.

If one of your friends having fun riding circles in a city insisted you do what he was doing as it is fun, how would you respond.

Deleted
    Here come the assholes!

Quote Originally Posted by Ethermal View Post
    how exactly is spending 50k on repairs a "fun" achievement?
    Think of different way of creatively kill yourself in-game.

Think guild mass suicide crap, guild impossible runs against city guards etc..
    That would be a great social experience with all in the guild, its times like that which make the game memorable.

Most iconic movies in wow aren't boss kills or gold cap, they are about social things gone wrong or raids gone wrong.

I agree with the OP, wish I was in the same guild he is and start do more fun stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by tenaka30
    You listed things you found fun and seem to assume that everyone else also finds them fun but refuse to do them. and I don't understand the logic of this.

If one of your friends having fun riding circles in a city insisted you do what he was doing as it is fun, how would you respond.
    I think you should start to learn to read better, the OP said that this is a reply to the thread made about wow being boring already.
    Last edited by esmifra; 2011-01-05 at 10:41 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oradraffe View Post
    MoP is not happening i can promise that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tric619 View Post
    Been playing since week 1 and still believe Mop is the next expac? >.>
    Quote Originally Posted by Feyrzhuk View Post
    MoP will never be a WoW expansion. Feel free to flame and ridicule me should I be proven wrong.

Deleted
    I guess it depends on the people you play with.
    My guild is in for doing fun stuff, even getting people killed on purpose is accepted.

But like someone above said, inspiration helps.
    In the last Throne of the Four winds run, I found out that if you have levitate/slow fall up while jumping you'd fly past everything and die.
    During an AFK break I got our mage to Slow fall people while I would Leap of Faith them into the jump thing.

We ended up doing this with the whole guild, trying to get as many people killed. We spent atleast 30mins-1Hour doing that.
    ^This was also a good way to get closer to the 50k guild repair achievement.

Inspiration is the key
    Fly to stormwind with a friend, or Orgrimmar depending on your faction and just PvP in there with the two of you, brag about it in gchat and people will join.

Quote Originally Posted by tenaka30 View Post

Hold on people, just hold on here. This thread isn't about ME at all. I quit playing days ago. This post is about all those 50page threads about people being bored and me just telling why this is so. I think you are completely missing the point or I just completely did something wrong there.

Deleted
    on rp servers there's alot to do well for me because i like rping so when im done raiding dungeoning and pvping i do some rp might be a solution to some players or just do something else if the game is boreing to you

15+ Year Old Account
    Change the title to " players base have different idea of fun than I do"
    I've walked the realms of the dead. I have seen the infinite dark. Nothing you say. Or do. Could possibly frighten me.
    We are not monsters! We are not the mindless wretches of a ghoul army! NO! We are a force even more terrifying! We are the chill in a coward's spine! We are the instruments of an unyielding ire! WE ARE THE FORSAKEN!
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long.

Quote Originally Posted by Deleo View Post
    Change the title to " players base have different idea of fun than I do"
    You also missed the point sir

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sarethen View Post
    Here come the assholes!
    Will you just take a chill pill already, jeez.

Quote Originally Posted by esmifra View Post
    Think of different way of creatively kill yourself in-game.

Think guild mass suicide crap, guild impossible runs against city guards etc..
    That would be a great social experience with all in the guild, its times like that which make the game memorable.

Most iconic movies in wow aren't boss kills or gold cap, they are about social things gone wrong or raids gone wrong.

I agree with the OP, wish I was in the same guild he is and start do more fun stuff.

I think you should start to learn to read better, the OP said that this is a reply to the thread made about wow being boring already.
    Thank you Esmifra for actually reading the whole post instead of just bashing replies after the first sentence. Many MANY respects.