Thread: Desecration

Desecration

I was just wondering if Desecration is actually worth it for raiding. I've had some people complain that it was overlapping some of the skills that bosses do. I know I can turn down my own but it seems like other people are bothered by it also. I was also wondering if you did get rid of it, what talent did you pick up.

Quote Originally Posted by Phuunhym View Post
    I was just wondering if Desecration is actually worth it for raiding. I've had some people complain that it was overlapping some of the skills that bosses do. I know I can turn down my own but it seems like other people are bothered by it also. I was also wondering if you did get rid of it, what talent did you pick up.
    There is not much of an option with a PvE unholy build, the only reason its taken is becasue it is truly the only beneficial of the 3 PvP talents it forces you to take while going down to the desired talents. Plus for the 1 talent point it does the most bang for your buck.
    Smile

i spec ed out of it for raiding it can and will cover up a lot of different ground effects and was just not worth it.
    Last edited by Darkan; 2011-01-04 at 10:29 PM.

I'm with Darkan. I'd much rather just take the point for Imp Death Grip than have annoying ground effects that aren't helpful anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by kumduh View Post
    I'm with Darkan. I'd much rather just take the point for Imp Death Grip than have annoying ground effects that aren't helpful anyways.
    Let's say, situational at best. There have been quite some encounters that feature adds or similar that needed to be slowed so it's just as good as the "eye cancer" trap the hunters had to provide.

Can you give any examples for specific effects that aren't already covered up by our Death and Decays?

I haven't seen anything get covered by it. The only issue I've had is that it makes the bad food on Cookie hard to see, but it's Cookie. Then again, tonight will be my first time stepping into a raid that isn't BH, so we'll see. The only person that complains about it is our Druid tank, but he complains about everything.
    Beta Club Brosquad

I do however agree they should make it less noticeable and more unique looking.
    Smile

10+ Year Old Account
    Visually it needs to stand out, otherwise the pvp crew will have issues with it and want a distinguished way of know where NOT to run. Messing with ae graphics is always a double edged sword when considering pvp/pve. Pve stuff needs to stand you yet not destroy fps, pvp just just gotta be able to avoid bad stuff.

Myself I dropped the point into imp dg.

Quote Originally Posted by yovmit98 View Post
    Visually it needs to stand out, otherwise the pvp crew will have issues with it and want a distinguished way of know where NOT to run. Messing with ae graphics is always a double edged sword when considering pvp/pve. Pve stuff needs to stand you yet not destroy fps, pvp just just gotta be able to avoid bad stuff.

Myself I dropped the point into imp dg.
    It doesn't need the green fiery crap on the edges, other than that it looks fine.
    Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerjesus View Post
    I do however agree they should make it less noticeable and more unique looking.
    I liked the old, "creepy hands trying to grab something", that it had b4 =(

Off the top of my head it covers the water explosions on the naga boss in throne, the +damage effect on arcatron on omnitron defense and hides the aoe the trash pull does before omitron.. that was enough for me im sure there are more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unfortunately, there's not a lot of pve choice to get into those later talents at that point.

And I agree, I find it incredibly annoying and wish it looked more akin to D&D (mostly transparent with some glowy lines), so I could still see boss poop.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkan View Post
    Off the top of my head it covers the water explosions on the naga boss in throne, the +damage effect on arcatron on omnitron defense and hides the aoe the trash pull does before omitron.. that was enough for me im sure there are more.
    I can see the geysers just fine under Desecration...
    Beta Club Brosquad

Its more of a problem than a help.

I think that sums up my feelings about it. The only fight that has use for a melee dps that slows adds is Conclave, which is best done with a Frost DK spec'd into Chillblains. Anything with adds that NEED to be slowed probably requires they be slowed as much as possible, not just a measly 25%.