Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by taekvideo View Post
    I knew ripsnarl would end up being nerfed... since he's one of the most challenging heroic bosses.
    one of the most challenging? are you kidding? he was quite easy and now he is just a joke...
    all of those "heroics" are kinda easy if you talk with your group members before you do the dungeon.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunaxor View Post
    What I would be happy to see is some kind of Grim Batol/Stonecore adjustments. I mean so many 1 hit KO mechanics are not fun at all.
    Don't wish for something you may regret - if your being hit by it (or some other member of your party) you should avoid it. Simples.

A large part that made ICC dissapointing for me was that the stacking buff made it possible to completely ignore the boss mechanics and just muscle through with LEET (see 30% buff) DEEPPEES.

Soon enough people will have the gear to probably outlast some of the one shot mechanics and then all the fun will be truly gone/

Deleted
    Liquid Ice in phase 3 of the Ascendant Council encounter now deals more damage.

The damaging component of Eruption no longer interrupts Terrastra when casting Harden Skin or Quake.

Anti-Magic Shell no longer stops Onyxia or Nefarian's Shadowflame Breath from being cast.

Flame Destruction cast during the Cho'gall encounter now does approximately 30% more damage per stack on Heroic difficulty.

It is no longer possible to use immunities to reset a player's sound bar while fighting Atramedes.

Atramedes' Sonic Breath now properly ignores line of sight.

Lockmaw's Frenzied Crocolisks have learned how to swim! In addition, Vicious Poison was doing too much damage and has been reduced slightly.

It is no longer possible to fully resist Wind Burst from Al'Akir, avoiding all damage and knockback.

It is no longer possible to disarm Al'Akir.

Siamat will cast Deflecting Winds after a few seconds of entering combat regardless of any abilities used against him at the start of the encounter.

Players can no longer engage Nefarian without killing all three sub-bosses first.

Ripsnarl's Summon Vapor mechanic now ignores line of sight and correctly spawns a Vapor in regardless of where players are standing.

The droprates on all Bind-on-Equip items in Cataclysm dungeons have been reduced.

This is a very, very quick list of the changes they have made to make dugeons and raids harder since Cataclysm was released, most of these changes are because Blizzard didn't intend for them to be easier, just like they didn't intend for Deadmines to have too much more trash than other instances or for one small room, however easy, to kill so many people

Too many people will just complain at any change they make that makes anything easier in any way, whether it's a good change or not. Think about what the actual change will achieve and if it's even that big of a change.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reaction View Post
    Two hours? You are doing something very wrong indeed if it takes you that long.
    well i was exaggerating, but still an hour to an hour and 15mins is still too long imo....................this is where u tell me how uber pro u are and that it only takes u 30mins max...and how u pull 3-4 groups at a time and never dip below 80% hp or mana, and then at the end u get ur own special achievement for the fastest uberpronowipe run evaR.

Man i hope they don't nerf this, it was actually fun to have a challenge, we (guild) even thought about taking new recruits through this place just to see if they could pay attn.

"Elitist" who thinks that dungeon trash is "challenging".

Okay.

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunaxor View Post
    I hope they will not nerf that double caster pull. It is really about people thinking outside of the box and finding that you can spellsteal/dispel the anti cc buff they have.
    Thats the one they nerfed.

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Let the wannabe elitist qq'ing begin without actually thinking things through.

Now wannabe elitist qq'er ask yourself does these "nerfs" affect the difficulty of the encounters?
    ...yes they do.

One of the most challenging CC trash pulls has effectively been removed (the Blood Mages around the corner with the 4 or so melee adds in front). There is now only 1 mage and they are not around the corner they are very easy to pull now. The lightning thing required some thinking, its pretty simple now and you can just walk through. The Ripsnarl encounter, it does help, 2 seconds is not a huge deal but it probably means now a DPS can solo the vapors rather than having 2 do it - which honestly I am fine with because that was a rather hard boss, even as a guild the first go it was hard.

After this, I am waiting for Grim Batol to get the nerf hammer.
    Last edited by Murderdoll; 2011-01-06 at 08:23 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The first heroic i tanked and cleared was deadmines.
    We wiped alot on trash and bosses til we cleared Reaper, then the healer (disc priest) rage-left over Emberstone staff.
    We got pally healer and cleared everything after smoothly.
    And i made it through the orbs on my first try flawless
    So i dont see the need for the nerfs.

Quote Originally Posted by Murderdoll View Post
    After this, I am waiting for Grim Batol to get the nerf hammer.
    Grim Batol doesn't need it. This did.

Why would you even care? If you really are a good player you can faceroll every heroic anyways. It was a bit of a challenge with ilvl329 gear, with ~350 it is like wotlk all over again. And those nerfs of (maybe) overtuned bosses will improve the fun for less skilled players.

Quote Originally Posted by DeosDarkk View Post
    Looks like the beginning of the end of actual challenge that they re-implemented in Cata. Oh well, was fun while it lasted. Wonder how long till the Aeoneus tornadoes disappear or Lockmaw stops summoning crocs cause its too hawwwrd! :'(
    Oh FFS, shutup. One dungeon is not the end of the world, especially because (as others have mentioned) more crap to kill does not make something harder. It only makes it more time consuming. If every math test you take has 50 problems, and then one test has 90 problems, is it harder? No, the difficulty of each problem is the same, they just made you do more of them. Dungeon content 1-80 is still a masspullzOMGfacerolldidyouseemyDPSdude? You can't take a level 20 dungeon and just crank the level to 85+ and turn the diffictulty to 11 with no adjusments. If your group has 2 CC abilities and you're in a 6 mob trash pull chances are that something will go wrong. That dungeon needed to be tweaked to match the other heroics. And seriously, unless you're still grinding rep with a Cata faction there is no reason to bitch about trash mob reductions

Eh.. I think everyone saw the vapor nerf coming.

I think heroics should stay the way they are now. They should be a step between normals and raids and I think Blizzard made then pretty good at that. I mean you have to manage your trash pulls, you have to know mechanics on bosses and you have to move from fire. This way I think more people will be able to even Pug first bosses in raids even at this point because they will be made better players by heroics.

In the end I think more nerfs will make the gap between heroics and raids bigger and bigger resulting in more tears and possible raid nerfs (and wotlk again).

15+ Year Old Account
    I can understand the change to Ripsnarl. As someone pointed out, 2 seconds doesn't make it easier. It just gives a little breathing time.
    As for the sparks, not really needed, but then again, not every played super mario.
    This thread is like human nature is: there are a dozen of fixes which will make raids harder, yet a few nerfs are the ones actually noted. The human nature is the same, we always only see the bad things.

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kerwyn View Post
    Grim Batol doesn't need it. This did.
    I know it doesnt need it, frankly no heroic needs it. However if they are doing this to trash in Deadmines, they are bound to do similar things to Grim Batol were group makeup can make a lot of the place hard to CC.

Also, for those saying Raids are harder so we should be happy, the reason is because they fixed bugs that people were exploiting. Dungeons are not bugged.
    Last edited by Murderdoll; 2011-01-06 at 08:30 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Murderdoll View Post
    I know it doesnt need it, frankly no heroic needs it. However if they are doing this to trash in Deadmines, they are bound to do similar things to Grim Batol were group makeup can make a lot of the place hard to CC.

Also, for those saying Raids are harder so we should be happy, the reason is because they fixed bugs that people were exploiting. Dungeons are not bugged.
    if u know how to use the dragons correctly, that place is a joke and the mobs should have 10% hp when u actually get to them...no need to cc really

Quote Originally Posted by taekvideo View Post
    I was about to make the same post lol.
    I knew ripsnarl would end up being nerfed... since he's one of the most challenging heroic bosses.
    I wish they hadn't nerfed the sparks of doom though... it was so funny seeing people die 5-6 times before finally making it through
    I'm wondering when they will make it so you are no longer able to pull the Reaver with a pet and avoid that area all together.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Incredible how pretty much everyone in this thread are complete pros, who never has any issue with dungeons... Maybe not all people has the time and gear you have (and respect for you having that!). Those people who maybe only play the game 1-2 hours every day, also needs to complete their daily heroic, so this isn't really that bad to be honest.

15+ Year Old Account
    Sort of agree with the trash nerf, as the instance took way too long. Having to kill a 3.x million health trash mob because your group made the mistake of pulling two of those defias miner motivators was sort of lame. Really. And the oafs .. (albeit seeing half your group with axes in their foreheads was funny).

The rest of the nerfs are kind of sad though. The bosses could be hard/mean, but nowhere close to harsh. Here's to hoping they don't add more fuel to the QQ storm they're conjuring.

10+ Year Old Account
    What makes this really funny is Ripsnarl is one of the easiest heroic bosses in cata right now, this slight nerf wasn't even needed..... To all the people in this thread that said the vapors needed it plz just cancel now, your a waste of bandwith. One of the previous posters was right, the baddies hit 85 and are wanting to get breast-fed by blizz. Really can't wait til ToR is out.