Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Artunias View Post
    How long do you think it will take a site like newegg to have the new CPU and mobos?

Also, the only thing left now is to see what kind of ram comes out over the next week or so. Hopefully week or so anyway. Not sure I want to wait much longer than that! Also updated the first page to reflect my final decisions!
    Sorry, I'm confused. "What kinds of RAM"? It will be compatible with any RAM currently on the market.

Sorry, I'll clarify. I know gskill has released some new ram specifically for SB and it has some pretty impressive frequencies on it. I was wanting to see what else like that might appear here with the release of the new processors. But it might be moot, I haven't seen any prices yet so they might just blow me out. haha. I'll probably be willing to drop 200-250 on whatever I choose. 4gb or 8gb.

Also, to copy my only question from the first page.

1. If I'm not going to be running like multiple games and I don't think anything else super extreme, should 4gb be enough with windows 7? or should I go ahead and get 8 as a buffer? or just get 4 now 4 later? Either way it's not a huge deal, would just like some input on what might be the best course of action.
    Last edited by Artunias; 2011-01-08 at 03:49 PM.

Deleted
    If you can afford to get the 8GB of G.Skill Ripsaw ram, then by all means go for it. Why not, everything else you have decided to buy has made me salivate with envy. In terms of performance,such as gaming, you'll notice very little to no performance gain.

Quote Originally Posted by Drudgery View Post
    If you can afford to get the 8GB of G.Skill Ripsaw ram, then by all means go for it. Why not, everything else you have decided to buy has made me salivate with envy. In terms of performance,such as gaming, you'll notice very little to no performance gain.
    Lol. Yeah the biggest thing was just waiting to see what kind o prices popped up. And I'm glad the system is having the desired effect

---------- Post added 2011-01-08 at 10:40 PM ----------

http://www.anandtech.com/show/4086/m...s-415mbs-reads

Well this certainly looks worth waiting for. How accurate do you think that February release date will be?