A little help here (resto)

Hello i am Hoothor the resto druid and the other night i started to raid blackwing descent, all through the raid i was feeling that my healing was sub par as my HPS on recount never really rose above 6k, i got to 8k with ni problem but to maintain that i was needing to burn mana like nobodies business. My main healing 'rotation' is as follows:

Lifebloom 3 stack on tank at all times
    WG always on cd
    SM and Efflor when ever there are people grouped up
    spam nourish on people that need it
    throw a rejuv around if nourish cannot keep up
    regrowth is used only to stop people from dying

Here is a link to my armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...hoothor/simple

Can anyone offer any tips to increase my healing efficiency?
    IT DOTH BE DOOMSDAY! QUICK WHERES THE PIE!!!

Step one, get rid of your cloth belt, you are losing 5% more mana due to not wearing all leather. Your healing strat seems good, make sure you are blowing innervate at about 80% mana so you have a shot at using it again later in the fight. Also, I generally use ToL fairly early for the same reason.

*Edit* I know cloak registers as cloth on armory, but not in game so as far as I know that is not hurting you.

Deleted
    i use HT as a large part of my rotation, you might want to fit it in somewhere, i never ever use regrowth, use a SM +HT/NS if you have the talent, if you ahvent i guess its all you have.

In terms of gear
    you have a cloth belt, loosing specilisation, i suggest you get dragonmaw exalted belt, get heartsong enchant for mana if your running low and kill ptah in HoO for the healer staff in HC jsut untill its worth geting a 1h/oh again

Use HT when the target is taking a ton of damage, you can use HT or regrowth with Omen of Clarity (although I'm not sure how it works now with the change), if you need a huge heal on the tank, you can wait til your lifebloom gets to ~1-2 seconds and start casting your HT so you get a 50-60k heal. I personally find myself rarely using nourish unless theres very little damage going out.
    This space for rent.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have the feeling when the patch notes that just went on PTR go live, there will be even more changes to your healing "rotation". They're pushing the use of rejuvenation and nourish more, but yes I'd agree, it sounds like you should be using healing touch and rejuvenation more than you are currently.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hoothor:

I think I understand what may be happening and perhaps how to help remedy it, I'm sure others will correct me if I’m wrong. Nevertheless, here are my thoughts.

I see that you have a lot of mastery, whether this is intentional or not, you may want to consider what secondary stat(s) to stack. Currently, haste provides better throughput as you can gain additional HoT ticks at certain levels of haste as well less time between ticks on all targets with or without existing active HoTs. Mastery, on the other hand, is arguably the worst stat to stack right now (crit & mastery are not as desirable as haste & spirit) and I believe it is because mastery can only affect one target per GCD (i.e. symbiosis is an effective toy but only when a HoT is already active on a target) while extra HoT ticks and faster casts have the potential to affect everyone . This does very bad things to your manapool if you really want to increase your effective healing by 15-20% (based on mastery) on 5 targets simultaneously by using WG and nourish x5 or RJ x5. Mastery will become more important as you reach haste breakpoints thereby providing less incentive to stack haste but until then, favor haste/spirit over crit/mastery. Relatively important haste breakpoints are ratings of 917/1416/2001. That being said, I believe you should consider the following changes:

Gear:
    • Replace cloth belt - exalted Dragonmaw gives nice waist and neck. I’m pretty sure there are 5 or 6 dailies in addition to running dungeons with their tabard.
    • Gem your relic and scrutinize your other gems - take socket bonus for any item with +20 or better of int., haste or spirit. I believe the ideal gems are generally:
      • +40int (brilliant) for red slots.
      • +20int +20haste (reckless) for yellow slots.
      • +20int +20spirit (purified) for blue slots.
    • Heartsong may be a more useful enchant for your weapon, it seems to proc constantly for me.
    • Rainsong looks like a great trinket but from my experience, the proc rate is very low.

Rotation:
    • LBx3 and RJ on tank at all times.
    • Burn SM on every CD in which a target can benefit from a fairly large direct heal, don’t wait until people are grouped. Efflorescence isn't that great by itself.
    • ToL and blanket raid with LB on CD (starting at about 70% -80% of your mana or about 2:00 into the encounter, whichever comes first).
    • HT more often if target is below 50% and not in danger of immediate death but keep in mind that HT is slightly less efficient than nourish.

Talents/Glyphs:
    • Before 4.0.6, I like to use 8/2/31. I suggest that you drop blessing of the grove, nature’s bounty, and a point of furor to pick up nature’s grace and moonglow.
      • 4.0.6 will make nature’s bounty far more worthwhile but I’m not particularly sure how I will work that into my spec.
    • Replace your RG glyph with glyph of LB.
    • Unless you cast innervate on other targets often, replace glyph of innervate with glyph of HT. Glyph of innervate does not take effect if cast on yourself.

Other:
    All things considered, your current 6-8k HPS isn’t too bad for you. Also keep in mind that some fights favor the skills of other classes while other fights favor our skills. I peak and sustain 12k HPS (according to recount) on some fights while other fights I struggle to sustain 7k.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Speshuled View Post
    Use HT when the target is taking a ton of damage, you can use HT or regrowth with Omen of Clarity (although I'm not sure how it works now with the change), if you need a huge heal on the tank, you can wait til your lifebloom gets to ~1-2 seconds and start casting your HT so you get a 50-60k heal. I personally find myself rarely using nourish unless theres very little damage going out.
    OoC change is only active on ptr.