Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Any mention of fixing the chaotic meta?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katana Angel View Post
    I'm only a bit puzzled after looking up what bibi posted below, and this new info. I mean, this is the "official" PTR release, but does that mean that the items found from Bibi are not actually in, and only these ones are? Or maybe what he found was some stealth nerf/buff things?

I may be missing something here, I really don't know. I'm super tired. @_@
    I think you missed the "IMPORTANT - Due to the countless hotfixes sinces the deployment of Patch 4.0.3a on live servers, a lot of these changes are most likely tooltip "fixes" from past changes and could already be live" on Bibi's post.

Most of the stuff that is in his findings and not in these findings are just tooltip fixes for older stuff.

Also, apparently at least one of them wasn't true at all - the Raging Blow nerf isn't real, it was a change to the level 39 version of the spell, not level 85: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...5027?page=1#16
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldrashan View Post
    Arenas
    Bloodlust, Heroism, Time Warp and Ancient Hysteria can no longer be cast while in Arenas.

This is how you fix mage's damage apparently.
    Has nothing to do with Mage damage. Mage "damage" isn't a problem. Mage control is. If you limit the ways a Mage can freeze you (which all our control mechanisms tie into. Slows proc FoF, and freezes well, freeze), you're going to limit their damage output. Ice Lance is only strong because we have far too many ways to get frozen Ice Lances on you.

Though I will laugh at the RoF nerf, aside from not being able to Cold Snap it, it really didn't get hit that hard. Hopefully the 4y circumference difference will give people a chance to get out of it. Even as a Mage, I thought it was silly that anyone in the middle had zero chance to escape.

I imagine we'll see some more control nerfs, hopefully alongside some Fire PvE buffs.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age"

Well, nice to see that Blizz is back from the holidays and all up in on this stuff.

Too bad about the Lol Barad over Xmas, though

Deleted
    does it surprise any1 that we havent heard anything much about shadow priests? bm hunters? retris?(except crusader)

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Seriously Blizzard? Seriously? Not a single word about Shadow Priest Mastery nor Mind Sear gimpdamage. Come on! :-(

Deleted
    No word about the Heroic trash drops yet? :<

my problem with warrior dps nerfs is they always come at a cost to prot warriors :\ cleave is still our most affective aoe threat move between long shockwave CDs blood and thunder and thunderclap are still mediocre at best.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by troufas View Post
    does it surprise any1 that we havent heard anything much about shadow priests? bm hunters? retris?(except crusader)
    Shadow Priests are one of the higher-end hybrid DPS right now. I'm not sure exactly what you want changed with them besides Mind Sear. Any more damage and they'll be OP.

BM Hunters needed a bigger buff than they got probably, yeah.

Rets got quite a nice buff. We'll see just how big in a few days after all the math is done.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Deleted
    Feral nerfs arent actually that bad. :P Cant wait to try it out on test realms or something.

Deleted
    sweeth mother love the druid changes, atleast resto and balance

Still wanting to know if Chaotic has been reverted to requiring only 2 blue... >.<

A new achievement, Just Another Day in Tol Barad, has been added for completing all of the Tol Barad daily quests.

This had better be retroactive. I have everything I want from Tol Barad and don't want to have to do more for credit for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Fatowlkinidiot View Post
    Any mention of fixing the chaotic meta?
    That would be nice. DPS currently has no use of metas.

Deleted
    Love the tauren change

Able to cast war stomp while shapeshited

Quote Originally Posted by jsz View Post
    A new achievement, Just Another Day in Tol Barad, has been added for completing all of the Tol Barad daily quests.

This had better be retroactive. I have everything I want from Tol Barad and don't want to have to do more for credit for this.
    they're also making the commendations BoA so if you want some stuff for an alt. You can work on the achievements while getting the marks from all characters.

Deleted
    # Glyph of Mind Flay no longer requires Shadow Word: Pain to be on the target.!!!!

So if the target has already SWP on it mind flay is about to deal the same dmg as it was about to deal with no SWP on the target ? Im confused

However im happy that there were no mention on the shadowpriest which means that they maybe working on it
    Last edited by mmoc17dd2e87f9; 2011-01-06 at 07:29 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trasoz View Post
    # Glyph of Mind Flay no longer requires Shadow Word: Pain to be on the target.!!!!

So if the target has already SWP on it mind flay is about to deal the same dmg as it was about to deal with no SWP on the target ? Im confused

However im happy that there were no mention on the shadowpriest which means that they maybe working on it
    The glyph was, if i remember correctly: "Your mind flay does 10% more damage while SWP is on the target"

EDIT: So yes, it does the same damage wheter you have SWP on target or not

10+ Year Old Account
    I couldn't be more excited about the reduction in mana cost for Shadow Protection. A buff that costs me almost 12K mana is ridiculous.