Thread: Witch trinket?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Salty Spatoon View Post
    You were wrong, get over it.

OT: i've heard the darkmoon card is BiS for this tier...if your a hunter....try femaledwarf.com

otherwise try elitist jerks for the breakdown
    This i a rogue fourm. DMC Hurricane sucks for rogues. It most likely also sucks for hunters because the trinket is PPM 1 meaning it can only proc once a min, and since hunters have an even higher EP value for Agi it makes sense that hurricane sucks for them too.

---------- Post added 2011-01-07 at 08:20 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Steavz View Post
    I have a feeling that DMC's aren't going to hold their own as they did in Wrath. Greatness was absolutely beautiful, as it was one of the only trinks with a straight stat increase, while most others were proc-based. This time around you already have multiple viable replacements in the first tier of raiding.
    The agi one sucks, it's not even viable now.

It's 'apologize'. Grammar Nazi's that fail are funny.
    Maaaaaaannn, duuuuuude, your avatar is nice, where does it come from??

Wtf if i find one of those in front of me id get the fire extinguisher and smash his face bigtime mang!

I have a feeling that DMC's aren't going to hold their own as they did in Wrath. Greatness was absolutely beautiful, as it was one of the only trinks with a straight stat increase, while most others were proc-based. This time around you already have multiple viable replacements in the first tier of raiding.
    That is not why greatness was better. Greatness was better because it gave strength and strength (or agility and agility). Most trinkets give one main stat and one off-stat.
    Last edited by DomBomb1; 2011-01-07 at 09:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DomBomb1 View Post
    That is not only why greatness was better. Greatness was better because it gave strength and strength (or agility and agility). Most trinkets give one main stat and one off-stat.
    There, I fixed that for you. The main point, which you missed, is that in the very first tier of raiding there are multiple replacements. If you could get Death's Choice (or Verdict) easily in Naxx, along with 2 or 3 other equivalents, we wouldn't have seen much of Greatness. This is what has happened this time around.
    Last edited by Steavz; 2011-01-07 at 10:30 PM.
    "Being wrong is erroneously associated with failure. When in fact to be proven wrong should be celebrated. It is [being elevated] to a new level of understanding." - Peter Joseph
    Quote Originally Posted by Beazy
    ... I live in Texas and I have seen a TON of climate change in ONE day ...
    ZOMG! Play NES games in your browser!

Deleted
    American servers (which mmo-c is), American spelling. You wouldn't go onto a French server and saying your preferred spelling is also the right way.
    That was a poor argument. Really, the worst i've ever seen.
    go on please.

That was a poor argument. Really, the worst i've ever seen.
    go on please.
    Obviously someone that doesn't read the entire thread before posting... do that, first, then post.
    go on please.
    "Being wrong is erroneously associated with failure. When in fact to be proven wrong should be celebrated. It is [being elevated] to a new level of understanding." - Peter Joseph

Obviously someone that doesn't read the entire thread before posting... do that, first, then post.
    go on please.
    I read the entire post. What it seems like is you failed to comprehend that anyone that can read English most likely uses this site. It is not an American only website. You were wrong in "trying" to correct him. Done. Over.

OT: I honestly can't see that trinket getting much use out of many classes. However many PPM's it actually is (I gander to think it is rather low) would not beat many of the Heroic Trinkets we have available to us.
    Unknwn - Warrior (Stormrage/Stormreaver) // Quikshot/z - Hunter (Stormrage/Stormreaver)

i7 920 @ 3.8 // EVGA X58 SLI MoBo // 16GB Samsung Low Profile Ram @ 1933 // ASUS GTX 670 DCUII Top @ 1290 // OCZ 60GB SSD(OS) // Samsung 830 256gb SSD(Games)

Quote Originally Posted by quikshott View Post
    I read the entire post. What it seems like is you failed to comprehend that anyone that can read English most likely uses this site. It is not an American only website. You were wrong in "trying" to correct him. Done. Over.
    Points to post # 17
    I read the entire post.
    No, you havent.

So, when people agree with you do you continue to argue IRL too?

OP has been answered.
    Done. Over.
    Last edited by Steavz; 2011-01-07 at 11:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by quikshott View Post

OT: I honestly can't see that trinket getting much use out of many classes. However many PPM's it actually is (I gander to think it is rather low) would not beat many of the Heroic Trinkets we have available to us.
    People please stop answering the question that has already been answered, christ.

You were wrong, get over it.

OT: i've heard the darkmoon card is BiS for this tier...if your a hunter....try femaledwarf.com

otherwise try elitist jerks for the breakdown
    MMO-Champion » Forum » Classes Discussions » Rogue

please check first -_-

and it's you're to add to the wonderful grammar nazi feeling of this thread ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by BooMsx View Post

and it's you're to add to the wonderful grammar nazi feeling of this thread ^_^
    I think you'll find that "you were" was perfectly acceptable.

That being said, WOW what a derailment I caused. At least the OP WAS answered =)

Quote Originally Posted by saberon View Post

That being said, WOW what a derailment I caused. At least the OP WAS answered =)
    hehe, it was a fun ride

Erm... he was talking about this part:

(Hurray for OP being answered!)

OP technically wasn't answered though, because he didn't provide us with enough info. heh.

Here's my plan, to have this thread so derailed, so convoluted, so epic, it becomes a meme, and they introduce the "Witch Trinket" in a future patch.
    Last edited by Steavz; 2011-01-08 at 01:26 AM.

I must admit this thread helped me a bit.
    I was blindly going for the Tol barad trinket, but after seeing some posts, i hesitated.

Im using Tia's grace and another crappy trinket. I could buy that epic one, and would surely be an upgrade, compared to it.
    But for now mastery sucks for combat (cant wait for mastery buff!), and even other hc trinkets may be better than unsolvable riddle.

Maybe i will save the marks and buy the BiS one (fluid death) as my next shiny. And keep Tia's.

Understand that the Tol barad trinket can be a game breaker in certain raid situations, those where the boss is taking an increased amount of damage for a while, magmaw for example. It's pretty hard to simulate but having the use trinket and using it at the right time can be a better trinket in certain situations, especially when coupled with assassination's Vendetta, a Tol'Vir Potion and heroism etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Severion View Post
    Edit: Put simply enough... Fluid Death>Tia's Grace>Key to the Endless Chamber>Darkmoon Card:Hurricane>Left Eye of Rajh>Unsolvable Riddle
    This looks like an assassination list. Swap Tia's Grace and Left Eye for combat.

Which.

For the love of god, it's which.

(And yes, I do apologise for being totally unhelpful)
    FYI, I was banned for two weeks for correcting someone's spelling.

mhm... read the rules before posting.

"We do not want to see: Racism, hatred, violent language, threats, real-life threats, insults, extreme vulgar language, flaming, otherwise inappropriate or hurtful language, harassment, grammar policing."

- Making non-constructive posts
    Last edited by Steavz; 2011-01-09 at 05:43 PM.

Long time reader, first reply.

Saw this post and just had to log in and say that information on dmc hurricane is wrong. Borrowed my wifes rogue to test it for sure, and during a 5 min test on raider dummy i had 22 procs, wich counted for a total of 3,9% of my total dps during that try. Im not a rogue so my total dps was only 9,7k, so for a good rogue it will not be close to 4%, but it is way better than what you guys think. No where near 1 ppm at least.

Edit: Got my wife to do the test, with a timer this time since my test was approx 5 min and wanted to see with 5 min exactly instead of approx She got 20 procs, 10,7k dps and the trinket proc did a total of 3,3% of the total damage over those 5 mins. In our last raid it did 2,2% of her total damage if i remember correctly. New raid tonight so i will keep my recount ticking and add the results to this post when we are done. It is only a total of 10 min testing ofc, but it does seem like the proc is around 4 ppm instead of 1 ppm like said previous in this post. No idea if that makes this trinket climb the trinket values though, thats for someone brighter than me to find out
    Last edited by Keernan; 2011-01-09 at 06:50 PM.