Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Lichborne sub spec changes...

"Glyph of Death's Embrace no longer refunds Runic Power when self-healing via Lichborne."

FFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

-CK

It makes me sad, but it was a bit OP. I think the IBF change makes up for it, but that's just me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lebowski View Post
    "Glyph of Death's Embrace no longer refunds Runic Power when self-healing via Lichborne."

FFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU-
    So, what the hell does it do now? They just removing it?

Herald of the Titans Avatar Killer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    why the sudden hate on DK's. why cant they just sit down and correct all the deficiencies all at once.. i mean they only had all of wraith while planning cata to do this. its not a new tactic
    Gearscore is like a bikini. It shows you what you already know and doesn't show what REALLY matters.
    New Expansion preview HERE

Quote Originally Posted by RushLimbaugh View Post
    So, what the hell does it do now? They just removing it?
    It was originally meant for ghoul healing, and that's what it still does.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kumduh View Post
    It was originally meant for ghoul healing, and that's what it still does.
    True but what about all the other changes... or should i make a new thread for that?
    Gearscore is like a bikini. It shows you what you already know and doesn't show what REALLY matters.

Do all the other changes have anything to do with Lichborne sub spec changes? If no, make a new thread

10+ Year Old Account
    Only semi decent for unholy then, and even then, who the hell is gonna waste a GCD & RP on healing the ghoul? better off waiting for it to die/sac it then shit out a new one.

Yeah, I mad. Puts a bit of a damper on my raid soloing, not to mention the death strike/blood mastery nerf

10+ Year Old Account
    Puts a bit of a damper on my raid soloing, not to mention the death strike/blood mastery nerf
    What DS/Blood mastery nerf?
    blizzard said they were gonna make it the same for all specs. isn't that what they did?...

It's true that it was very OP, but with a 2 minute cooldown and its clunky nature I don't see how it was any worse than something like Lay On Hands. I was a big advocate of it early on when it first became "popular" but at this point I'm really thinking about speccing out of it. Best case now you get 3 heals out of LB initially and then a pity one at the end. Not worth all the talent points anymore IMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Avatar Killer View Post
    What DS/Blood mastery nerf?
    blizzard said they were gonna make it the same for all specs. isn't that what they did?...
    I'm blood for soloing old raids (MC, AQ20, 40, Karazhan, SSC, MH, etc etc).

From the front page:
    Death Strike now heals for 15% of the damage sustained, down from 25%.
    Which also affects the blood mastery, due to the absorb being based on how much it heals you for.

UNLESS of course this is just a tooltip update, and it's been this way in game for the whole time (I'm really not sure, my DK is my alt nowadays).

I'm pretty sure that is just a tooltip update.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty sure that is just a tooltip update.
    God I hope so.

Actually it was the Blood Presence change that was the tooltip update. Death Strike may in fact be nerfed, but I'm hoping they'll change it later on since they said they want it to be a viable form of health regen for Frost/Unholy DKs.

15+ Year Old Account
    God I hope so.
    Tooltip update, its been nerfed like that for awhile.

---------- Post added 2011-01-06 at 03:15 PM ----------

Actually it was the Blood Presence change that was the tooltip update. Death Strike may in fact be nerfed, but I'm hoping they'll change it later on since they said they want it to be a viable form of health regen for Frost/Unholy DKs.
    Remember how awhile ago they nerfed all tank self healing while increasing health gained from each point of stamina? Ya, its from then.

http://joekey.deviantart.com Sig by Lilliputia! <3

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm blood for soloing old raids (MC, AQ20, 40, Karazhan, SSC, MH, etc etc).

From the front page:
    Death Strike now heals for 15% of the damage sustained, down from 25%.
    Which also affects the blood mastery, due to the absorb being based on how much it heals you for.

UNLESS of course this is just a tooltip update, and it's been this way in game for the whole time (I'm really not sure, my DK is my alt nowadays).
    sorry i was being rather sarcastic. in reference to blue posts they "stated" that they wanted to make DS look as appealing to the other specs but in reality they made it as appealing to blood as the other specs by nerfing it.
    was trying to make the situation lighter.
    my apologies.

Feels like too much. I was PvPing the other day without this glyph (forgot to equip it with a new spec I was trying) and I wasn't getting any kind of healing from Lichborne with just three Death Coils. They said they wanted to make Death Strike more attractive for non-Blood DKs, but the patch notes mention nothing about that so far.

It's kind of worrisome, given that we're supposed to have strong self-healing capabilities, and right now rogues can outheal us easily, and warriors can outheal anybody, and much more passively. Lichborne+DC spam seemed like a reasonable, legitimate trick - We'd be getting a hot of roughly equal power to a warrior's 70%-of-total-HP regeneration, but we'd have to spend like 5 GCDs to pull it off.

Are we really that overpowered right now?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Athael View Post
    Feels like too much. I was PvPing the other day without this glyph (forgot to equip it with a new spec I was trying) and I wasn't getting any kind of healing from Lichborne with just three Death Coils. They said they wanted to make Death Strike more attractive for non-Blood DKs, but the patch notes mention nothing about that so far.

It's kind of worrisome, given that we're supposed to have strong self-healing capabilities, and right now rogues can outheal us easily, and warriors can outheal anybody, and much more passively. Lichborne+DC spam seemed like a reasonable, legitimate trick - We'd be getting a hot of roughly equal power to a warrior's 70%-of-total-HP regeneration, but we'd have to spend like 5 GCDs to pull it off.

Are we really that overpowered right now?
    Blizzard thinks so

10+ Year Old Account
    @Athael:

It's probably people QQing about Blood DKs speccing into it for world PvP and literally being unkillable. As frost and unholy it was kind of underwhelming, to be honest (though it was much more powerful in unholy).

@Avatar
    It's fine! Was just clarifying my point - blood for old world raids & killing people ganking the shit out of my alts. For that, lichborne was great (especially when dealing with someone who had much better gear than my death knight, which is practically everyone at level 85. lol)

I'd be happy if they made death strike worth a shit again for the other specs, though.

It's true that it was very OP, but with a 2 minute cooldown and its clunky nature I don't see how it was any worse than something like Lay On Hands.
    2min cooldown instead of 10

Also, Lichborne still breaks fear/sleep/charm... which is still extremely handy...