Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Angry Idiotic forum rules.

I recently got a private message from my good friend the Scrapbot, which in my mind, was totally unnecessary for my breaking of the rule "The use of 'leetspeak' and intentional bad spelling is not allowed". Frankly, I find this appalling. I was having a bit of fun and it got classed as minor spam? Did anyone get offended by my post? No. Could my post have caused any offence? No. I really think that the rules need to be reviewed, I can understand if an individual decides that they will "4I_\/\/4'/z 533l< I_1l<3 7l-l15" that's just dumb. But my post about the difficulty of heroics saying "Nurf pleez, i dew nut endurstond how to seesee!!" resulting in a warning? Seriously? It was obviously meant in jest, just looking at my post record shows that I type in a correct fashion. I can also understand if I had quoted someone and made it as jab at them, but I didn't.

It was also brought to my attention to a friend of mine that a guy was posted for writing his OPINION on women and how they are treated in/out of game was banned for his post. I think that this was also totally un-called for, it was his opinion, he is allowed to have one, he even expressed that's just how he feels. The point of this, I think some moderators need to get off their high-horse and follow the forum rules their selves and not ban someone because they have an opinion to them.

/rant.

Also, inb4 me getting banned for a "Useless topic" or something equally as stupid.

And sorry if I didn't put this in the right forum, where else should I have put it?

Deleted
    Question: what about discussing this issue in private with a mod, smod, whatever?
    If every banned\warned user was to open a thread like this, the forum would be a mess.

Also, if "Nurf pleez, i dew nut endurstond how to seesee!!" was the only phrase on your post i fail to see why you shouldnt have been warned.
    Its both useless and bad written, even if intentional.

Points of view.

Deleted
    You should PM a member of staff about this. These threads do nothing for you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kore nametooshort View Post
    You should PM a member of staff about this. These threads do nothing for you.
    This, but I would be equally mad if I was banned for the same reason of l33t speak unless it was absolute trolling for no reason

10+ Year Old Account
    This is definitely something between you and the moderators, I would highly suggest taking this up with them instead of making a thread that's most likely hindering your cause instead of helping it. And if "Nurf pleez, i dew nut endurstond how to seesee!!" is the full context of your post I'll have to agree with the mod's actions, that is not only slightly annoying but it looks like you're potentially flaming somebody here.

Deleted
    I feel that it's an issue that needs to be addressed, it's not particularly about my post, it's just an example of many that is, in many cases, utterly absurd reasoning.

I also fail to see why I should have been warned, I could understand if I made these posts regularly, but why couldn't they just delete my post and be on their merry way? I can also say that, seeing as, and I pointed this out, the post was made to humour people, it wasn't really useless, it being poorly written is just an additional point to that.

an un-constructive post about a probably equally un-constructive post. Take your discipline like a man, you agreed to the rules when you signed up. Im going to assume you skipped over that part. If you disagree put together a well-constructed email/message and send it to the appropriate party, instead of attracting more negative attention by a rant

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Starcrossedd View Post
    This is definitely something between you and the moderators, I would highly suggest taking this up with them instead of making a thread that's most likely hindering your cause instead of helping it. And if "Nurf pleez, i dew nut endurstond how to seesee!!" is the full context of your post I'll have to agree with the mod's actions, that is not only slightly annoying but it looks like you're potentially flaming somebody here.
    I don't see how it could be hindering me, where did you get that from?

If something annoys you, you just ignore it, correct? And it's not flaming unless I intentionally name someone, and that would be naming and shaming, or made it apparent it was directed at a certain group of people/person.

15+ Year Old Account
    These forums are here to be read without the necessity of decoding or eye-assaulting text. This is why posting in all caps is also in that same infraction.
    If you have an issue with the moderation, find a Blue or Purple colored moderator and privately message them. That is what they are there for.

Edit: I didn't have a hand in this, in case it looks like I'm defending my actions. Just stating facts.

R.I.P. YARG

I found out if you refer to gold sellers in any way by the part of the world they are commonly from, you are racist. So don't use names of countries. Perhaps I might have gotten away with Eastern or Western Hemisphere. IDK.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by warboss View Post
    an un-constructive post about a probably equally un-constructive post. Take your discipline like a man, you agreed to the rules when you signed up. Im going to assume you skipped over that part. If you disagree put together a well-constructed email/message and send it to the appropriate party, instead of attracting more negative attention by a rant
    Please read the second part of my post too, thanks.

I also don't see how I'm attracting negative attention, unless people disagree with me obviously.

I also read through agreements carefully, I don't wish to cause trouble, all I'm saying is that this is, in my opinion, too far.

15+ Year Old Account
    13.9. Intentional poor writing, spelling or 1337sp33k
    Not having English for your primary language is no excuse to talk like an idiot. Leetspeek, unexisting abbreviations, intentional spelling disasters, etc will only get your post/topic deleted.

Keep in mind that we can see your posting history...
    Pretty much sums up the reason you were banned, and just as icing on the cake;

11. Discussing disciplinary actions, moderators or Moderator actions
    Actions taken against a member of the community are not to be discussed in public on the forums. Opinions about specific moderators or moderator actions (locking, deleting threads, etc) are also not to be discussed in posts or threads.

If you have questions, remarks, suggestions or complaints about moderating in general or specific moderators, please contact our website admin through a private message.

If you have questions, remarks, suggestions or complaints about a moderation action, such as a ban, deletion or lock, feel free to contact the moderator in question, or any moderator on our team.
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gherkin View Post
    These forums are here to be read without the necessity of decoding or eye-assaulting text. This is why posting in all caps is also in that same infraction.
    If you have an issue with the moderation, find a Blue or Purple colored moderator and privately message them. That is what they are there for.

Edit: I didn't have a hand in this, in case it looks like I'm defending my actions. Just stating facts.
    Not to be rude here, but it's simple to understand, nor is it, as you put it "eye-assaulting".

I would also take it up with a higher power, and I intend to, but I think it's an issue that other people should know about.

---------- Post added 2011-01-06 at 10:23 PM ----------

@llDemonll

Come at me, bro. That rule is also dumb, that's like saying a newspaper shouldn't be allowed to discuss the actions of the government or police.

15+ Year Old Account
    A recent flow of new moderators with an urge to prove their power by banning people has turned this forum into a police state. What can I say? Meh, there are still wowhead and official forums.

15+ Year Old Account
    If you don't agree with it then don't post. You have full access to the forums when not logged in.
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    A recent flow of new moderators with an urge to prove their power by banning people has turned this forum into a police state. What can I say? Meh, there are still wowhead and official forums.
    While this is true, the official forums involve wading through too many garbage threads, and I just don't like the WoWhead forums.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazytimmeh View Post
    Come at me, bro. That rule is also dumb, that's like saying a newspaper shouldn't be allowed to discuss the actions of the government or police.
    It's a private forum and those are the rules. Discussing moderator actions is strictly against them. I would suggest you take your issue to a super mod or admin. It's not something that's open to debate.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll View Post
    If you don't agree with it then don't post. You have full access to the forums when not logged in.
    What about if I don't agree with something because it's, frankly, not that good, or reasonable for that matter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazytimmeh View Post
    I feel that it's an issue that needs to be addressed, it's not particularly about my post, it's just an example of many that is, in many cases, utterly absurd reasoning.

I also fail to see why I should have been warned, I could understand if I made these posts regularly, but why couldn't they just delete my post and be on their merry way? I can also say that, seeing as, and I pointed this out, the post was made to humour people, it wasn't really useless, it being poorly written is just an additional point to that.
    Because its pointless, childish, and something no one wants on these boards.

Deleted
    @Fuzzie
    Why ever not? It should be. If things aren't open to debate, then why do they exist?