Beast Master suggestion

My fellow hunters. Something's gotta be done to Beast Mastery! From what I've heard, many hunters dislike BM, both because it's most often underpowered and doesn't have any fun ability as a final talent. The consequence of this is many exotic pets are going waste as almost nobody tames it. Due to this, I've thought of this suggestion:

1. Beast Master (talent) is availeble to all hunters by doing a chain quest at level 85 to attune yourself into deeping understanding of the animals thoughts. This allows you to tame any kind of beast (few exeptions like Horses, Rams, Camels and Stags etc)
    2. Intimitation should no longer be their signature spell that you get at level 10. Instead, a new spell called Aspect of the Chimera:

Aspect of the Chimera Level 85
    Instant 1 sec cooldown
    The hunter takes on the aspects of a chimera, increasing damage done by your pets by 25% and unlocks special abilites for your pets.
    "Special Abilites" will be the abilites the exotic pets now have, i.e. Ancient Hysteria, Spirit Mend, Burrow and more.

3. Final talent (at level 69) will be a new spell called "Call the Cavalry"

Call the Cavalry Level 85
    3 sec cast 3 min cooldown
    Calling three of your active pets to ravage your enemies. Only Ferocity pets will be called. All your pet spells will be striked by all three pets
    "All your pet spells will be striked by all three pets" means Kill Command is casted by all three pets.

These changes should make BM alot funnier, the pets cooler and still have the feeling of "fun".

Thoughts?

looks awsome but.... too op.... having one pet bring ALL possible buffs in one just sounds insane, unless its like a extra talent set where you have to chose 1 of the abilities then it could work.

now, as for call the cavalry. awsome ability, i made a topic where i mentioned it myself long ago, and i really like that idea. however 3 kill commands? thats gonna be a instant 45k dmg every 6 seconds^^ sorry for no game on that one. would simply RAPE people in pvp....

as for aspect of the chimera... its good but.... sorta boring. kinda like aspect of the beast

15+ Year Old Account
    New Aspect idea might be decent (+pet damage) but maybe something else like increasing pet focus regen instead of special abilities?

Like the idea of a new final talent that replaces the current one. Above example also good, but per above, 3 kill commands would be too OP, especially if combined with your other idea of a new aspect.

Maybe something like shamans Spirit Wolves instead? Calls another 2 pets but just basic attacks/standard pet focus attacks (Claw/Smack/Bite etc).

IMO a beast master should have 3 pets instead of 1 (I'd say 2, but Shamans already have 2).

OP? Maybe but Blizzard won't give it to us anyway so we can ask what we want.

I know I should just ignore threads like this, because ultimately they accomplish nothing, but i just can't help myself because of how wrong you are.

There is currently NOTHING WRONG with Beast Mastery's final talent OR it's signature ability. Intimidation is underrated, under-appreciated and underutilized by the vast majority of hunters. It makes BM hands down the strongest low level pvp spec, interrupts caster mobs while questing, stops runners, helps pull mobs off you and back onto the pet, and on and on. Beast Mastery is all about using your pet as a tool and a weapon in ways the other 2 specs can't. I'm aware that Blizzard as actually commented on this, and said that they will consider giving BM a new signature ability in the future, but I personally love my pet stun, and if they change it I at least hope we get to keep it in another form (a talent or even baseline, though I'd prefer it stay exclusive to BM).

In regards to our final talent (beast mastery), it's a more appropriate and theme fitting final talent than black arrow. By a long shot. The final talent is supposed to be something that changes up your play, makes you more powerful, or gives you an entirely new tool to do neat things with in your arsenal. For MM it's a hard hitting shot that finally allows them to keep SS up without manual refreshes, that's huge. For SV it's another dot that allows lock and load procs without manually trapping the target (somewhat lackluster, but still considerable). And for BM it's 4 freaking extra pet talents (that's huge!) as well as the ability to go tame the uber-pets. Pets with 2 skills. Pets that the other hunters lust after.

Besides, you really don't want 2 pets. Honestly. Think about this from a mechanical standpoint for half a second, instead of just nerd-gasming over OMG MOAR PETS RAWR! Your damage output would have to remain in line with the other specs. Meaning, each pet would do less damage than our current Single BM pet does. They would also have less health/armor (because again, there has to be risk in losing your pet as BM, if we had 2 with the same health/armor as our current one, we'd never lose both, and thus that threat is gone). That would make each one WORSE at tanking and easier to kill in pvp. Then consider that The game currently can't allow for control over multiple pets independently. So you wouldn't even have the added utility of being able to sick each pet on a different target to keep things busy or spread our our damage. So at that point, what's the point? It becomes purely aesthetic appeal, with several disadvantages tacked on. Ok so then make it a cooldown where you summon extra pets for a short period of time then, like a shaman's wolves. How about no. Summoning extra pets is something that SEVERAL other classes already have, stop asking for classes to be more like eachother. Besides, we already have a burst dps cooldown in the form of bestial wrath. If they were to actually give us a "stampede" like ability, it would probably come at the cost of losing BW. I'll pass, thanks.

Now don't get me wrong, I know that the spec has it's issues. But those issues AREN'T Beast Mastery or intimidation.

[/rant]
    - The Hunter's Creed -
    "This is my pet. There are many others like him, but this one is mine. He is my best friend. He is my life. I must master him as I master my life.
    My pet, without me, is useless. Without my pet, I am useless."

Deleted
    OMG Call the Cavalry Level 85
    I want that

then if a shaman think he is OP with his spirit wolfs my pets will own his ass 3 charges ^^ massive dmg combined with bestial wrath
    have u got any idea how much DMG bm is gonna do then ure pets will rape every body under 5 seconds Call the Cavalry ---> Bestial Wrath ---> Kill command ^^

And BM is one of the speccs who actually can kill frost mages with not so much trouble same count for warriors Ice trap and dance around it just survive ure pet will get that warrior down.
    Last edited by mmoc4515158da6; 2011-01-08 at 05:12 AM.

Call the Calvalry, while interesting, would be very very VERY OP... I like the other suggestions and since this will never happen, here is what I could see blizzard doing for Call the Calvalry:

Call the Calvalry
    0.5 sec cast 5 minute cooldown
    You summon two copies of your currently active pet for 15 seconds, but those copies hit for 50% less damage each and can only use their Basic Attack. In addition, if your active pet dies while Call the Calvalry is active, the copies will sacrifice themselves to revive your pet to 50% health. Summoning a new pet while Call the Calvalry is active will cancel its effect.

EDIT: for clarification, the copies can only use Basic Attacks (and auto attacks) but cannot benefit from any of your abilities (BW, KC, any sort of focus regen talent etc.) but they do work in reverse in that things your pet can proc, the copies can also proc (like Invigoration)
    Last edited by Cracka_Bob; 2011-01-08 at 11:30 AM.
    Oh yes, there is a method to my madness O.o
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    We generally consider 0 / 0 / 71 builds to be a failure.
    ^win

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shazzia View Post
    My fellow hunters. Something's gotta be done to Beast Mastery! From what I've heard, many hunters dislike BM, both because it's most often underpowered and doesn't have any fun ability as a final talent. The consequence of this is many exotic pets are going waste as almost nobody tames it. Due to this, I've thought of this suggestion:

1. Beast Master (talent) is availeble to all hunters by doing a chain quest at level 85 to attune yourself into deeping understanding of the animals thoughts. This allows you to tame any kind of beast (few exeptions like Horses, Rams, Camels and Stags etc)
    2. Intimitation should no longer be their signature spell that you get at level 10. Instead, a new spell called Aspect of the Chimera:

"Special Abilites" will be the abilites the exotic pets now have, i.e. Ancient Hysteria, Spirit Mend, Burrow and more.

3. Final talent (at level 69) will be a new spell called "Call the Cavalry"

"All your pet spells will be striked by all three pets" means Kill Command is casted by all three pets.

These changes should make BM alot funnier, the pets cooler and still have the feeling of "fun".

Thoughts?
    sorry but this would make us UN KILLABLE
    3 spirit pets all with a healing abillity, best self heal ever?
    pets would tottaly rip all classes to peices.
    and we as a hunter it self would just have to run around send in pets and thats it

I think the best idea you could have for this would be to have 2 pets out at once but only have 1 pet benefit from BM so only 1 does kill command/iinimidation/master's call etc etc while the other does basic attacks and would do as much as a SV or MM pet. No need for some mass OMG LOL I R ENHANCE SHAMZ cd.

Quote Originally Posted by Vjj Salad View Post
    I think the best idea you could have for this would be to have 2 pets out at once but only have 1 pet benefit from BM so only 1 does kill command/iinimidation/master's call etc etc while the other does basic attacks and would do as much as a SV or MM pet. No need for some mass OMG LOL I R ENHANCE SHAMZ cd.
    thats kinda what I was going for with my suggestion :P
    Oh yes, there is a method to my madness O.o
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    We generally consider 0 / 0 / 71 builds to be a failure.
    ^win