Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    First kill of Ragnaros back in Vanilla, now THAT was EPIC after about a week of trying.
    More recent moment - our first Al'Akir kill. On phase 3 everyone died to the clouds except tank, 1 dps and 2 healers, and still we killed him, took some time tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Gammer View Post
    25man yogg0 prenerf

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQtMr...eature=related

just listen to those nerd screams- oh god it gives me chills every time I watch that video. If you want epic THAT is it.
    LOL at the guy who goes "Hey mom we just killed Yogg-saron!"
    Nice one, that was a suitable epic round of cheers

Liking em so far peeps, keep em coming!

Deleted
    Apart from "WoW, everything is new and WOOOOOOW that is ragnaros" (and killing him), i personally think that killing Kael'thas sunstrider with a friends'n'family guild was one of the most awesome experiences I've made in this game. We really weren't that great of players but we were good on progress at that time and everything was working just fine and we've somehow made it. Awesome hunter (yeah me) tanking the caster dude, having a legendary bow going PEW PEW, yup yup, that's been so awesome.

Next to that is the pre-nerf kill of Firefighter 25m in Ulduar (Mimiron Hardmode) - never made the exprience of yogg-0

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Kaz'rogal, last week before 3.0 was released. Both me and a friend were elemental shamans and as you know with casters, they die alot on that fight due to the mana burn. Both of us managed to stay alive and have Thrall tank the last 15% of the boss while we DPS'ed and ended up with ~80% mana at the end being the only 2 survivors because everybody else blew up/got killed by the boss.

That is the most epic moment I can think of.

I like such threads, it shows, that there are still people that can look at the bright side ^^

Latest of mine would be our first Chimaeron kill:
    After a few tries we made it into the burn phase the second time. We couldn't top off our tanks so naturally they fell over dead soon. Everyone tried to kite around. Only our Hunter and a Healer alive - Chimaeron kills the healer and heads for the Hunter. Hunter survives one hit (well, actually one double-hit), hits disengage and hammers Kill Shot - it was just enough ^^

The one I remember most is our 10-man Mimiron normal mode kill in the first half of July 09 (or was it June?). Our equip was ok-ish at the time and our group existed only for a couple of weeks with a couple of people (including myself) who only started raiding some weeks before.
    We made our way into phase 4, everything is running pretty fine and his 3 parts are on equal percentage. Suddenly people started dying - the Leviathan was killed off and VX-001 and head had couple of % life left. And then I was the last man standing, a mighty protection paladin. On teamspeak people moaned and called it yet another wipe. But I did not forfeit and heroicly squeezed the rest of the hp out of this bastard while juggling with cooldowns and he goes down - the repair of the Leviathan was shown as completed, so it was really, really close.
    Reactions were priceless "Dude! You killed off Mimiron solo!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Our guild was going a run of H HoO with 1 pug (the healer) and we wiped a few times because the healer stayed up on the platform while everyone else was down on the ground. Some how, the healer died and we had to kill the boss who had 25% health still left, we just kept doing our thing and the tank stayed above 90% health the rest of the fight. Maybe more of a wtf moment but kinda epic.

Edit: Just realised it's supposed to be RAIDING stories...

Deleted
    Yesterday on Halfus we nearly wiped at 5%. Only i (the healer) and 2 tanks survived....I only had 4% mana...lashing out any heal possible....meleing the boss to gain back mana...STUN!!!!.....divine shield...lay on hands...divine light....and the boss goes down....was truly awesome.

I remember as if it were yesterday, it was in the BC. We were slow on progression and we were just clearing kara for the first time when Zul'aman came out, how i miss those two raids. The guild and me were on Prince Malcazar, or however you spell it and all the legions he comands, and the tank died at 25% to a bad infernal, the tank was the druid, so no battle rez available, but me and the other hunter thought fast and we went to opposite sides of the room and distracting shot, arcans shot spamed to get aggro on the boss and kite him to the other side when he got close the other hunter launched his distracting shot, I FD'd and he kited, rinse and repeat. We wiped at 10% but everyone on vent was laughing hystericaly, and I remember that moment more than anything in my four year wow career.

Cool

I created a guild when we first decided with my Real Life friends that we were going to raid together in cata so we can start getting used to each other in WoTlK.

So we decided to go on our first Raid together as a new formed guild and go into Icc 10 man.
    We started out very nice and were downing boss after boss without a wipe and no problems.

We got to the council and there we encountered a problem and wiped once.
    Being all pumped up we went for it again and it was going very nice!
    Suddenly 3 people died and we did not know what was happening, so us being a little afraid of the situation kept going.
    A tank died along with the range tank. With people wanting to give up and wipe it i yelled and said on vent KEEP GOING I GOT THIS.
    Tanking all of the bosses and getting tossed aside from the aoe i managed to tank all the bosses which was an accomplishment for us all at that moment.
    It was a beautiful moment for us and we were happy.

Then we continued along and downed all the other bosses first try and were standing in front of the infamous Lich King!

Knowing we will wipe we went for it and started to get to know the situations and tactics of the fight.
    Wiping time after time and just getting the feeling to give up.
    So we did , we gave up for the night.

The next day we decided to give it another go and just went for it having 1 of our friends not being able to make it we changed characters and pugged a dps.
    After a long and hard fight at the second faze 1 tank died, leaving me alone tanking the lich king and the other adds with peopple wanting to give up knowing i will get 1 shotted.
    I did not want to give up and kept going which resulted in me 1 man tanking the Lick King for 2 fases along with adds and all downing the lich king and getting out KINGSLAYER title!!!

It was one of the best achievements for me in wow at that moment 1 man tanking the Lich King.

So now we will wait and see in these raids if more memorable moments come along!!!!

Secksy - Tarren Mill

i remember our 1st Firefighter kill, p4 all parts goin down nicely, we had about 2% left, the tank had unknowingle backed into a side and the boss began spinning up. ohh shit.
    my (Spriest) and the prot pala blow Dispursion/ DS and run across the room through mines and all kinds of shit and just smash the boss (i Dotted everything and spam healed the pala and Bam down

Progressing in Ulduar 25, with vezax on <12% when he killed our last tank and bugged out and had a very slow attack speed that always missed on the ele shaman that was highest on aggro. We almost gave the tanking trinket to the shaman afterwards.

Lots of Mimiron stories Firefighter had to be one of the best encounters ever.

"Now WHAT would you go and do a thing like THAT for?" Always cracked me up I didnt have an 'Epic' moment, but damn was that an epic fight. So well done

So it was Thursday, we were trying Nefarian, going straight to phase 3, adds were perfect, died 2 times, boss 10% or so, tank dies, everybody's burning, I pop all CDs, AoE taunt mobs, holy wrath + war stomp + leap of faith kiting, boss it's a 50k fucking life, I dye, boss resets.

Rogue says on Vent:

My daggers broke at 30% of the boss I lost 15 secs changing them.

We hate him with the all the hate that habitates in our hearts.

First BQL attempt, our second tank goes down. I pop into Blood Presence, and mash every cooldown I have, along with spamming Death Strike. Paladin healer noticed immediately, swapped his beacon, and we tanked her for the last 10%.

And people said Death Knights were bad. Psssh.

When we downed Patchwerk last week
    "Being wrong is erroneously associated with failure. When in fact to be proven wrong should be celebrated. It is [being elevated] to a new level of understanding." - Peter Joseph
    Quote Originally Posted by Beazy
    ... I live in Texas and I have seen a TON of climate change in ONE day ...
    ZOMG! Play NES games in your browser!

10+ Year Old Account
    The FUNNIEST moment in wow that left the whole 25 man group in tears of laughter, uncontrollable for 15 minutes. was in this semihardcore guild I was in (we were second on server, top horde.. but it was a fail server, ages behind everyone else).

Anyways, we were doing our first attempt at Kologarn in Ulduar. (The big arms dude) We buff up, eat up, the strat goes out, role assignments, ready check. We had an Ex-Marine (US Marine Core) raid lead. Awesome guy, fun and all, but when its raid time, its raid time, STFU, do your job and dont sand in shit.

So, him being our MT he of course calls out "Pulling" and as any warrior, charges Kologarn... only to fall down into the hole... and die. I was OT.. and i was already running in behind him... I burst out laughing before anyone realized what happened and got killed also.

The funniest thing I ever saw.