Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    i get it when archy'n nelf artifacts, I love c'thun, I hope he's not indoctrinating me

10+ Year Old Account
    I wondered wth was going on. I've been hearing random audio voices for a few days and wondered what was up. Very cool if it's a leadup to some event, but I'd be a bit surprised if this is early whisperings of an Old God, given that we're not likely to see a content patch for a while yet.

Edit: I dunno if anyone has looked but you know you can fly over AQ now, if you fly west out of Uldum? Its empty, but could be an indication of future plans, that combined with C'Thun voices leads me to believe it may well be this - again, seems a bit early though since we're still early in the xpac and no content patches are likely to come for a while.

You fell for it guys! This is just blizz getting everyone talking about this so that everyone then goes out and does archaelogy to hear the voices! Its an attempt to get people to like the poor secondary profession!

I wonder if any of these people know how to read... before they reply on a post at least

Maybe someone logged on to your character (or went on it when you were already logged on), and keybound the /commands for playing the C'thun encounter sounds to random buttons, making you play them when you hit the said buttons?

Edit:

Or this
    Quote Originally Posted by meroko View Post
    as a million people have already said (for people that are lazy and don't read) DBM has an option called "Make archeology more interesting" and this causes random C'thun whispers upon looting any keystone
    Last edited by Vinden; 2011-01-14 at 07:20 PM.
    Is it solipsistic in here, or is it just me?

Strange.. no answers "The ice stone has melted!" yet?
    Aldoraan Ret Pally since 2.4

Outland - love forever

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh N'zoth Nya'alotha wgah'nagl fhtagn. Ia, Ia, N'zoth fhtagn!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beno113 View Post
    Quite a few of those are REALLY FUCKING CREEPY at 2am in the morning
    They may be creepy but go to that house at Elwynn forest with those kids... it scared the shit out of me :S

10+ Year Old Account
    The other day I was flying around Kalimdor doing Archaeology, as I often do when there's nothing else going on, when I began to dig at a site in Desolace. Now, I usually play with a headset on, and with game sounds and music turned on - this day was no different. Much to my surprise, barely audible against the mournful zone music, I heard a voice whisper in my ear "You are already dead..." I was startled, but of course I recognized the voice and the quote as belonging to C'thun, heard randomly in the old Temple of Ahn'Qiraj.

Earlier today, I was in Tanaris digging at another site, and again, against the background music I was able to make out our Old God friend telling me that death is close.

Neither time had I dug up a keystone, nor did I have my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron with me (it's in the bank). Actually, both whispers occurred when I was in the middle of surveying and/or looting a find, but didn't seem at all related to what I was digging up or what race was involved.

Edit: Just heard "Your friends will abandon you..." when I looted a Dwarf Rune Stone, although I do not remember looting keystones the other two times I heard the whispers.
    Last edited by MissCleo; 2011-01-14 at 08:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Worshaka View Post
    Can anyone explain what it is i've done or am using that is causing my character to hear a C'Thun type voice saying all the C'Thun phrases? I've done many google searches and can't seem to find out the reason. While it's pretty cool to hear it, its bugging me that I don't know what is causing it.
    Oh the sheer amount of information. It's overflowing ! Can't somebody stop this man ?!

"Hi guys, I hear stuff, do you know why ?"

Best answer to this level of information would be "because you have ears".
    Ecce homo ergo elk

Deleted
    From AddOns/DBM-Core/DBM-Core.lua:

Code:
    do
    	local soundFiles = {
    		[0] = "Sound\\Creature\\YoggSaron\\AK_YoggSaron_HowlingFjordWhisper01.wav",
    		[1] = "Sound\\Creature\\YoggSaron\\AK_YoggSaron_HowlingFjordWhisper01.wav",
    		[2] = "Sound\\Creature\\YoggSaron\\AK_YoggSaron_HowlingFjordWhisper02.wav",
    		[3] = "Sound\\Creature\\YoggSaron\\AK_YoggSaron_HowlingFjordWhisper03.wav",
    		[4] = "Sound\\Creature\\YoggSaron\\AK_YoggSaron_HowlingFjordWhisper04.wav",
    		[5] = "Sound\\Creature\\YoggSaron\\AK_YoggSaron_HowlingFjordWhisper05.wav",
    		[6] = "Sound\\Creature\\YoggSaron\\AK_YoggSaron_HowlingFjordWhisper06.wav",
    		[7] = "Sound\\Creature\\YoggSaron\\AK_YoggSaron_HowlingFjordWhisper07.wav",
    		[8] = "Sound\\Creature\\YoggSaron\\AK_YoggSaron_HowlingFjordWhisper08.wav",
    		[9] = "Sound\\Creature\\YoggSaron\\AK_YoggSaron_Whisper01.wav",
    		[10] = "Sound\\Creature\\YoggSaron\\AK_YoggSaron_Whisper02.wav",
    		[11] = "Sound\\Creature\\YoggSaron\\AK_YoggSaron_Whisper03.wav",
    		[12] = "Sound\\Creature\\YoggSaron\\AK_YoggSaron_Whisper04.wav",
    		[13] = "Sound\\Creature\\CThun\\CThunDeathIsClose.wav",
    		[14] = "Sound\\Creature\\CThun\\CThunYouAreAlready.wav",
    		[15] = "Sound\\Creature\\CThun\\CThunYouWillBetray.wav",
    		[16] = "Sound\\Creature\\CThun\\CThunYouWillDIe.wav",
    		[17] = "Sound\\Creature\\CThun\\CThunYourCourage.wav",
    		[18] = "Sound\\Creature\\CThun\\CThunYourFriends.wav",
    		[19] = "Sound\\Creature\\CThun\\YourHeartWill.wav",
    		[20] = "Sound\\Creature\\CThun\\YouAreWeak.wav"
    	}

function DBM:CHAT_MSG_LOOT(msg)
    		local player, itemID = msg:match(DBM_LOOT_MSG)
    		if player and itemID and (tonumber(itemID) == 52843 or tonumber(itemID) == 63127 or tonumber(itemID) == 63128 or tonumber(itemID) == 64392 or tonumber(itemID) == 64394 or tonumber(itemID) == 64396 or tonumber(itemID) == 64395 or tonumber(itemID) == 64397) then
    			if DBM.Options.ArchaeologyHumor then
    				local x = random(0, #soundFiles-1)
    				PlaySoundFile(soundFiles[x])
    			end
    	end	end
    end
    Certainly gave me pause the first time it happened!

--K

I haven't opened the puzzle box and I hear them too, but reading the puzzle box quotes it seems really obvious that it's N'zoth. I guess he's the boss of the new raid, which vill be in Vashj'ir in 4.1

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiera View Post
    I haven't opened the puzzle box and I hear them too, but reading the puzzle box quotes it seems really obvious that it's N'zoth. I guess he's the boss of the new raid, which vill be in Vashj'ir in 4.1
    While the number of ocean-related quotes on the box does tie in with N'zoth being imprisoned beneath the ocean, let's not forget that this also points to N'zoth being inspired by C'thun's namesake, Cthulhu - who is imprisoned in the city of R'lyeh beneath the waves. The quotes referring to Ny'alotha are probably N'zoth's version of this sunken city.

Oh, and Ny'alotha seems rather like the name of Nyarlathotep, another Mythos god, and the Puzzle-box quotes about the woods and black goats are Shub-Niggurath (the black goat of the woods with a thousand young).

The single best quote on there, though, doesn't refer to the Lovecraftian Mythos in any way. Anyone getting this reference, though, deserves a cookie from blizz.
    What can change the nature of a man?

it's not the puzzle box....

it's the archaeology..
    everytime when u loot a rare artifact...i mean the 12 fragments.....the green item...(sry my english)

when u get the item to your bag...c'thun or yogg-saron will whisper to you
    thats it

and your friends will kill you....
    it was your fault....
    justin bieber is close.....
    go to the toilet....
    You will not be forgotten, Eleanor / Steam ID / DeviantArt page / YouTube / Twitter

15+ Year Old Account
    BOO DBM if that is actually it. =[
    Last edited by Krekko; 2011-01-31 at 09:41 AM.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature