Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Morogoth View Post
    Seriously, i dont know if i was the only one to do that, but i use this a lot against healers in pvp. I 3-dot the healer and i spam drain mana. That makes paladins cry. Im piss off cause they remove a spell that i have since 4 years without trying to balance it. Also, they said nothing regarding mana burn.

"We are probably going to remove Drain Mana from warlocks. It is incredibly situational in PvE but causes problems in PvP. This might mean we need to evaluate Mana Burn as well."
    Thats interesting, i guess it was alot more valuable in pvp than i had imagined. i neve really used it though but i focus alot more on pve than pvp. i agree that its kinda weird that they would do nothing to mana burn though.

is jinx still overwriting the other curses?

10+ Year Old Account
    Seriously, i dont know if i was the only one to do that, but i use this a lot against healers in pvp. I 3-dot the healer and i spam drain mana. That makes paladins cry. Im piss off cause they remove a spell that i have since 4 years without trying to balance it. Also, they said nothing regarding mana burn.

"We are probably going to remove Drain Mana from warlocks. It is incredibly situational in PvE but causes problems in PvP. This might mean we need to evaluate Mana Burn as well."
    Shows how much you genuinely used to use it when you clearly didn't notice the changes it received in Wrath :\

Ultimately, the only argument I'm seeing from people who will miss it is essentially along the lines of: 'It's awesome and makes killing healers easy' or slightly more subtle 'I can't do anything else against healers'. Both of those lines of argument strongly suggest it's become something of an 'I-win' button that's so effective and easy that alternatives have been completely and utterly discounted. That basically points to it being overpowered.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Shows how much you genuinely used to use it when you clearly didn't notice the changes it received in Wrath :\

Ultimately, the only argument I'm seeing from people who will miss it is essentially along the lines of: 'It's awesome and makes killing healers easy' or slightly more subtle 'I can't do anything else against healers'. Both of those lines of argument strongly suggest it's become something of an 'I-win' button that's so effective and easy that alternatives have been completely and utterly discounted. That basically points to it being overpowered.
    I wanted to say that drain mana is in my bars since i started to play my warlock 4 years ago. I dont want to be overpowered, i just dont like that they scrap some spells cause they dont want to balance them. I like the depth of the class.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wanted to say that drain mana is in my bars since i started to play my warlock 4 years ago. I dont want to be overpowered, i just dont like that they scrap some spells cause they dont want to balance them. I like the depth of the class.
    I think the problem is that it's such a specifically niched spell that nerfing it would render it completely useless, but leaving it as it is was just untenable. At this point, removing it becomes the only option.

Quote Originally Posted by tilatequila View Post
    -first of all, why was curse of exaustion nerfed? a spell that we have to SPEC IN in order to obtain the spell and now its getting nerfed back down to a near useless 30% from 50%, while majority of other classes have a free 70% slow debuff.
    The classes that have a 70% slow generally have to apply that slow from melee range. The ones that don't generally have that spell on a cooldown. The fact that CoE was extremely powerful, spammable, and ranged made it a little too much. It made rogues and hunters essentially helpless against us. Warriors will still be easier after the patch with the nerfed CoE, because their charge nerfs will hurt them far more against our kite.

-removal of drain mana? rather than trying to design a new useful way to make drain mana useful in pvp they just remove it.
    If you look at other PvP RPGs (ie: League of Legends) you'll notice a trend of reducing the amount of mana drains. The fact is that they're essentially impossible to balance. Even if you can hit a sweet spot, it'll still be thrown completely off balance again depending on class and gear. It's either too effective, which makes it a nightmare to play against, or it's worthless. This is only made worse by the fact that it can't be Line-of-sighted like mana burn can. There's no way to counter it except interrupts, which will always be limited.

Does it suck that it's being removed? Absolutely. However, I think in the long run you'll see Warlocks be made into a much more healthy pvp class because of it.

-UA silence been reduced to 3 from 5 seconds? really? in pvp atm any player with decent resil takes barely no damage from dots, because of this we get healers just dispelling everything. now the one spell that was risky to dispell gets the dispell effect nerfed. gg blizz.
    Admittedly, this one did make me scratch my head. I can only assume this was done for 5v5 arena balance, beause a 5-second silence is actually really detrimental there. It would nice to see the damage portion upped as compensation though.

-inferno range nerf, while i can slightly agree that the nerf was probably needed, it was only nerfed because of the rogues qq about it. it costed 13k mana and damages the warlock anyway to its not like we could just use it all the time.
    Demo warlocks do, and still will have the best AOE in the game BY FAR after this change. The talent is still unbelievably good even after the change. If there's any change that shouldn't be whined about, it's this one.

-and lastly the cd on soulswap has been increase. not sure if it was needed but?
    Yeah, this one felt a little unnecessary as well. I'd argue for this one to be reverted.

Mana Drain didn't really add depth. It was more of a gimmick.

Quote Originally Posted by wadokai View Post
    the biggest problem with this nerf is : the are fucking up the usefull spells. its not a plain dmg reduction but the weaken what utility we got in pvp. we are pretty much the class with lowest amount of utility and now lets weaken them more. we should get a buff in utility instead of this.

P.S. this is seen from a pvp perspective. something blizzard lost when the launched cata.
    Ahahahaha trololololol that made me laugh. Warlocks weakest utility class in pvp... mwahahahahaha I'm gona cry here coz I'm laughing so hard... R we playing the same game? Hahaha
    Ok on serious note, go try hunter then talk about weakest class utility in pvp. Lock are fine. Nerf was needed and it's welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Numeanor View Post
    Ahahahaha trololololol that made me laugh. Warlocks weakest utility class in pvp... mwahahahahaha I'm gona cry here coz I'm laughing so hard... R we playing the same game? Hahaha
    Ok on serious note, go try hunter then talk about weakest class utility in pvp. Lock are fine. Nerf was needed and it's welcome.
    Even as a Warlock player myself I'm inclined to agree with this guy. Warlocks have always been the most utility-heavy DPS class.