Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lildave151 View Post
    Ok, so you get the pattern for 10k and sell a gem for 1k. Totally off but ok. How exactly do you break even after 10 gems? On my server uncut meta gems are about the same price as cut ones so the only breaking even you'll be doing is with the gem/cut gem.. no gain on the pattern. Sure you can get the uncut metas yourself but you are still talking about mats/crafting cost of that. Are people paying you 1k gold to cut one? Doubt that.
    I specifically said I had made those figures up and that you should also take into account cost of materials and time. I was trying to show how a BoE recipe was a good thing and that the cost of the recipe didn't really matter if you used it properly. Way to miss the point.

Using what you said I'll go back to my original calculation and refine it.
    Materials cost X. New meta gem sells for 2X. Pattern costs 20X. You therefore need to sell 40 meta gems to recoup the cost of your recipe. Better?

You're saying an uncut meta gems costs the same as a cut meta gem right. Lets say 300g (I HAVE MADE THIS FIGURE UP). If you are charging 300g for a new meta gem that hardly any JC on your server has the ability to make you don't deserve to make any profit from the recipe. You could probably charge double the price of a normal, widely available meta, hence the 2X. I know just by looking at them (and not even bothering with the math) that they are the new best metas for two of the classes I play.
    Last edited by mmoc573f783fc1; 2011-01-07 at 10:55 AM.

I do not know what ppl are arguing about. Wait for a week after the patch drops and the new cut metas will be cheaper than the mats in the AH. Just like every other JC item.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyilanmenyn View Post
    And we JC are currently already the only ones having to actually spend time to get our recipes for the items we craft, all other professions can just train them or buy them for a cheap price. Now JC are going to have to spend time doing dailies (which also caps us on how fast we can get all of our recipes, btw), AND spend a huge amount on the extra recipes.
    Cooking is the same way.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Dreading the price of learning these new meta cuts, everything else makes me excited.
    May the raging winds destroy my foes, and let its soothing breeze ease the pain of my friends!

My Main: Ranko US-Garithos[A]

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyilanmenyn View Post
    Ye, since classes being OP or not and their changes are definitely the same as profession changes. You probably thought I would even care about that as you saw a hunter pic in my sig, yet that is outdated as I play druid tank now anyway, but I haven't changed my sig yet as I don't really care for it.

And we JC are currently already the only ones having to actually spend time to get our recipes for the items we craft, all other professions can just train them or buy them for a cheap price. Now JC are going to have to spend time doing dailies (which also caps us on how fast we can get all of our recipes, btw), AND spend a huge amount on the extra recipes.

inb4 QQ to not be a JC
    As a JC, I am glad that the system is set up this way. This is why JCing can still be profitable even with the massive number of JCers out there. If all you had to do was buy the patterns, all the JCers would have them and cut gems would hardly sell for more than uncut at any point in time. Yes sometimes they get close anyways, but if you are smart and buy the right cuts which are useful but not overly made, you will easily find times where you can sell cut gems for a very large profit. In the case of the boe pattern, if you dont think you're going to make back the money you pay for it, simply dont buy it. There is nothing that says you have to get the pattern. IF you are smart about it though, you can easily make back the money and more using it.