Odd Demo question

So I have picked around with my lock being Demo. I am not nearly good enough with it to use it as a viable spec yet. One thing I noticed though is that with the different talents that we have taken SF is around .5seconds slower than SB & Inc, yet does nearly twice the damage. I know spell coefficients factor into this, but how viable would SF be as a filler (especially since the mana cost is lower allowing for less life taps).

This would alleviate any issue with keeping the ISF buff going. All you would have to do would be keep SB debuff up and watch for MC procs.

I am asking because I really don't have a tight grasp on SimCraft. I know many of you are genius in that regard. Any help with some numbers would be much appreciated.

I mean if it is only a 100 dps loss then I think I would just run with it. However if it a huge loss then OFC not viable.

andromalia_inactive : 22740dps shadowbolt
    Shadowbolt DPET = 9095

andromalia_inactive : 21592dps soul_fire
    Soulfire DPET = 9016

Basically Shadowbolt does more damage per amount of time it takes to cast it.

There ya go!

I think you'd see more people using soulfire as the main nuke since its not that different on DPS, saves complexity, and helps some of the clunkiness associated with demo if it wasn't for the talent Impending Doom. You need shadowbolt to help reduce the cooldown of meta. Otherwise yeah...you'd prob see demo locks spamming soulfire with MAYBE 1 shadowbolt or incinerate every 30 seconds if needed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Quote Originally Posted by andromalia View Post
    andromalia_inactive : 22740dps shadowbolt
    Shadowbolt DPET = 9095

andromalia_inactive : 21592dps soul_fire
    Soulfire DPET = 9016

Basically Shadowbolt does more damage per amount of time it takes to cast it.

There ya go!
    This is actually un incorrect assessment. SF does same or more dmg then SB, HOWEVER you will lose out as SB has a 15% chance to lower the cooldown of your metamorphosis.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackat View Post
    This is actually un incorrect assessment. SF does same or more dmg then SB, HOWEVER you will lose out as SB has a 15% chance to lower the cooldown of your metamorphosis.
    Don't see how it's an incorrect assesment...the numbers don't lie. While sb reducing meta cd may be true, the point is moot if shadowbolt has a higher DPET. Furthermore, the ONLY reason that soulfire even made it above 9k is because decimation phase brought up the overall average. I'm sure if I changed execute phase to spam shadowbolt on the sim you'd see a pretty terrible number for soulfire.