Page 1 of 2
LastLast

How the EFF do you set up a good Fury Warrior in Cata???

I am so frustrated at the moment that I am considering giving up on this toon all together. this is my main and really my only toon and since the cata release I can't get shit for dps out of him. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

I have looked at every major set up and rotation for this class and I still can't average above 10k dps on a raid boss.

My rotation is as follows:

Prefight - Battleshout
    Fight - Recklessness
    Bloodrage / Trinket
    Colossus Smash
    Bloodthirst
    Raging Blow
    Bloodthirst
    Slam (on proc) otherwise cd management
    Then BT, RB, BT, Slam until Colossus Smash is up again. I will throw in a Heroic Strike if Slam is not proc'd and my rage is high enough. Slam doesn't proc all that much... I would guess about 50% of the time.

My best dps stats are Haste (6%), Hit (17%), Crit (16%), Exp (26/26), and Mastery (11 or 548 depending on how you read it).

Someone please help me figure out WTF I am doing wrong, because I am at my wits end.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like you followed Thegreatme's guide fairly well.

A few things though.

Don't pop REcklessness and then use CS. The crit that Recklessness gives is better used on that second Bloodthirst than a low crit on your first CS.

Also, you don't need that much Hit. 8% is more than enough to handle good Rage generation.

Care to give a link to your armory? Take a look at mine in my sig, that thing pulls 16K in heroics, but I don't know about raids since I haven't started raiding yet.

I remember Paragon stating that most of the current raid content is severely unfriendly to Melee. Is this true?
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

judging from you having bloodrage, i'd say your on or as i am, so there is a decent plus to burst. I personally save my trinket/bloodrage for directly after a colossal smash. You also need to bump your hit up a bit more prly to at least 22%.

Also when you use recklessness, use it directly AFTER a colosal smash and your trinket/bloodrage. Then do bloodrage > heroic strike > raging blow. If your specced for a 100% for extra free crit from heroic strike, you technically get an extra crit out of your recklessness and can squeeze in 4 good crits during your 6 seconds from colosal smash.

Might not hurt to time a colosal smash for right before one of the free heroic strike crits too.

Quote Originally Posted by palpableimmunity View Post

A few things though.

Don't pop REcklessness and then use CS. The crit that Recklessness gives is better used on that second Bloodthirst than a low crit on your first CS.

Also, you don't need that much Hit. 8% is more than enough to handle good Rage generation.

Care to give a link to your armory? Take a look at mine in my sig, that thing pulls 16K in heroics, but I don't know about raids since I haven't started raiding yet.

I remember Paragon stating that most of the current raid content is severely unfriendly to Melee. Is this true?
    It varies depending on the boss, but for the most part it's not too bad. there is definitely a lot of movement and mechanics to get down, but doable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Piece of advice, press Esc > Logout > Create New Character > Hunter > Randomize Name > Enter World > Level to 85 > PROFIT!

But OT, some bosses are terribad for melee dps, mind sharing which fights you're doing atm?

all i can think your missing is sunder armour's, 3 stacks and the CS glyph are paramount currently. maybe with that amount of hit you can afford to throw in a couple more inner rage's too.

Um, Death Wish? Don't see that mentioned here anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by CR77 View Post
    Um, Death Wish? Don't see that mentioned here anywhere.
    aww... now i feel fail

Deleted
    Do you have latency issues? Do yo correctly position yourself behind the boss? Glyph your Heroic Throw and Colossus Smash. Use HT on pull, apply one Sunder Armor, then proceed with the normal BT > CS > BT. Sunder Armor is a sweet increase of dps. Remember to time your Death Wish and trinkets to Heroism/BL/TW when applicable, it's a solid increase.

I tank MS but occasionally go Fury for those bosses where you have no use for two tanks. I got ~346 gear, I pull about 11-12k dps on Valiona and Atramedes 10-man.

8% isn't even close what you need to have a good rage generation. Try 18%+. And sure you might be able to pull that dps on AOE packs, but I highly doubt that you are doing 16k on bosses with that gear.

TS: Armory link?
    Last edited by amenthi; 2011-01-07 at 01:46 PM.

I gotta say, Glyph of Colossus Smash was the greatest dps increase I had since the start of Cata.

Quote Originally Posted by amenthi View Post
    8% isn't even close what you need to have a good rage generation. Try 18%+. And sure you might be able to pull that dps on AOE packs, but I highly doubt that you are doing 16k on bosses with that gear.

TS: Armory link?
    You should learn to read mate

Quote Originally Posted by Angy View Post
    I don't see the ThreadStarters armory link either. Do you?

And yea, 8% hit is a bit low, i doubt you could keep your rotation up with that low of a rage income.

Quote Originally Posted by Angy View Post
    I can read, can you?

Warrior fury dps is not easy at the moment. Generally, our job is to focus on keeping sunder armor up (Via CS glyph if possible) when there is no warrior tank. Also focus on doing the interrupts when required. One example I have in mind is I did less dps than a druid tank last night on Maloriak. I was at the bottom of the dps meter at around 11k dps, but Arcane storm was controlled, sunder armor was applied, and I believe I did a good job!

At the moment, I find it hard to maintain a good dps rotation with sunders (Atramedes, Magmaw and such) and interrupts even if interrupts give us a buff! Muscle memory is coming into play for all these things.

I have a couple suggestions:
    -Make sure Recklessness is up at the end of the fight where you can pop inner rage and 3 30-rage executes. I've got some nasty numbers doing that.
    -Spend battle trance on heroic strike. This is the highest rage cost ability, and if you use battle trance on something else, you will have the excess rage, which you would use for heroic strike anyway...
    -Use Inner rage for instant slam. Inner rage will cost you 0 extra rage with bloodsurge proc. Have a cancelaura inner rage attached to bloodthirst. This will likely be the button you spam after a slam. This is only if you do not use inner rage EVER outside your regular rotation. It works well for me.
    - Try to not clip your rotation for slam. Slam is extra damage during a free GCD, nothing more. Slam is not a very high damage dealing ability at the moment, at least for TG. (Not sure how well it works with SMF using both weapons on slam).
    - Try not to waste any incite proc. A guaranteed heroic strike critical is very nice. Plus, if you can, try to line it up when you do not have flurry...

There are many things going on. Most of these are details I believe make quite a bit of difference when they all add up. We have so much fun stuff in the talent trees that it's easy to ignore stuff and/or get lost with all these things!

Focus on practicing, that's how you get good. Trying too many things at a time will give you a headache. However, no pain, no gain

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    You do know that there is no need to stack up Sunders with a Feral in the raid? Havent had to use sunder a single time since the new talents hit the market.
    Ferals Faerie Fire is exactly the same as Sunders and they dont "lose DPS" when applying them.

I still don't know how the Electronic Frontier Foundation fits into all of this...

Quote Originally Posted by Ragewar View Post
    Warrior fury dps is not easy at the moment. Generally, our job is to focus on keeping sunder armor up (Via CS glyph if possible) when there is no warrior tank. Also focus on doing the interrupts when required. One example I have in mind is I did less dps than a druid tank last night on Maloriak. I was at the bottom of the dps meter at around 11k dps, but Arcane storm was controlled, sunder armor was applied, and I believe I did a good job!

At the moment, I find it hard to maintain a good dps rotation with sunders (Atramedes, Magmaw and such) and interrupts even if interrupts give us a buff! Muscle memory is coming into play for all these things.

I have a couple suggestions:
    -Make sure Recklessness is up at the end of the fight where you can pop inner rage and 3 30-rage executes. I've got some nasty numbers doing that.
    -Spend battle trance on heroic strike. This is the highest rage cost ability, and if you use battle trance on something else, you will have the excess rage, which you would use for heroic strike anyway...
    -Use Inner rage for instant slam. Inner rage will cost you 0 extra rage with bloodsurge proc. Have a cancelaura inner rage attached to bloodthirst. This will likely be the button you spam after a slam. This is only if you do not use inner rage EVER outside your regular rotation. It works well for me.
    - Try to not clip your rotation for slam. Slam is extra damage during a free GCD, nothing more. Slam is not a very high damage dealing ability at the moment, at least for TG. (Not sure how well it works with SMF using both weapons on slam).
    - Try not to waste any incite proc. A guaranteed heroic strike critical is very nice. Plus, if you can, try to line it up when you do not have flurry...

There are many things going on. Most of these are details I believe make quite a bit of difference when they all add up. We have so much fun stuff in the talent trees that it's easy to ignore stuff and/or get lost with all these things!

Focus on practicing, that's how you get good. Trying too many things at a time will give you a headache. However, no pain, no gain
    Quoted for future reference and for great, assertive, helpful information.
    Thank you.

Take a look at mine in my sig, that thing pulls 16K in heroics
    Smells like bullshit, post recount.

Trash doesn't count.

palpableimmunity-name might be wrong, is talking about heroic dungeons, he clearly states he hasn't been in a raid thus making him obviously having no experience there. 8% hit is enough for heroic dungeons however it is not enough for raids. Sadly even reading involves a bit of thinking.