New BiS Meta Gem

•New meta gems have been added: Agile Shadowspirit Diamond (Agility/3% critical damage), Reverberating Shadowspirit Diamond (Strength/3% critical damage), and Burning Shadowspirit Diamond (Intellect/3% critical damage). These new recipes are unbound and can drop from any Cataclysm creature. The new meta gems have a requirement of 3 red gems equipped.

I was pleased to see they are not only fixing the Chaotic requirements in the next patch, but then I read further.. We won't be using it then anyways. Burning Shadowspirit Diamond will be the new top dps Meta. A drop recipe too! I hope I'm lucky enough to get this recipe to drop early cuz its gonna be highly inflated price!

Yep these things are gonna go for a pretty penny for a while (I'm assuming the droprate won't be very good). Will be nice to finally have a truly great meta.

lol. and only 2 months after they said they were going to revert it back to being based around red gems. i guess the 3 new metas is what we were waiting for. lul. now lets see if the int is 1:1 for crit on the meta.

Quote Originally Posted by Glnger View Post
    lol. and only 2 months after they said they were going to revert it back to being based around red gems. i guess the 3 new metas is what we were waiting for. lul. now lets see if the int is 1:1 for crit on the meta.
    the value of int is around 2.8 while crit is 1.3 if I am not mistakes, talking about simcraft. So doesn't matter if it's 1:1

10+ Year Old Account
    Like Device said, atm Int/Str and I'm assuming agility as well are superior than any secondary stat .

So yeah, DKs say hello to my little friend Reverberating Shadowspirit Diamond! <3

10+ Year Old Account
    They said 2 months ago they would revert it in the next patch. They also specifically stated they had no intention to hotfix it.

We have no idea at this point what the requirements are for the new metas either. It very well could be what the old Chaotic was, which would probably make the +crit and the +int about even.
    to: preposition; used as a function word to indicate position, connection, extent, relation ~ too: adverb; also, very, excessively, so

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Promark View Post
    We have no idea at this point what the requirements are for the new metas either. It very well could be what the old Chaotic was, which would probably make the +crit and the +int about even.
    the requirements for all of the new metas and current chaotic and relentless are now 3 red gems. It's in the patch notes

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Promark View Post
    "New meta gems have been added: Agile Shadowspirit Diamond (Agility/3% critical damage), Reverberating Shadowspirit Diamond (Strength/3% critical damage), and Burning Shadowspirit Diamond (Intellect/3% critical damage). These new recipes are unbound and can drop from any Cataclysm creature. _The new meta gems have a requirement of 3 red gems equipped._"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlebruddy View Post
    They said 2 months ago they would revert it in the next patch. They also specifically stated they had no intention to hotfix it.
    It wasn't that they had no intention to hotfix it, it's that something like this can't be hotfixed, it had to wait for a client-side patch.

Eitherway, bring on the patch! I want my burning meta.

15+ Year Old Account
    As an FYI:
    Things that require hotfixes: ability-based numbering, some effects, attaching new/removing existing effects from spells, tweaking existing gear, adjusting coefficients, npc fixes
    Things that require a full client patch: Tooltips, new abilities, new npcs, new gear, new content, changing requirements on gear (includes meta), any fix that requires API changes from the programmers for the Designers to use.

R.I.P. YARG