Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I get tricks'd fairly often by a rogue friend of mine who uses a target of target macro, but I don't really mind. I just utilize that 6 seconds of increased shockadin damage :P

I recently made a macro which does this:

/p %t move out of bad stuff!

But I found I am usually too busy healing them to click it.

Quote Originally Posted by ProBubble View Post
    2 - let them die only applies to avoidable damage.. gaining aggro is not avoidable for some classes, and its the tank who is lacking if this happens
    Gaining aggro is almost always avoidable, assuming the tank is using threat abilities properly. If you are gaining on the tank due to pure gear issues, stop attacking if you don't have a threat dump. If you know your tank is having aggro issues, give him a little time before opening up. I play boomkin and if I have a starsurge available on a target switch and am not entirely confident in my tank, I just don't use it. It's a dps loss, yes, but I am not being scraped of the floor which to me is more important. In the majority of cases, it's your responsibility to not pull aggro off the tank and if you do it's probably because you care more about your numbers than your survival.

No, Ive seen things like this, people (think leet) speed pulling in heroic to the point where everyone is oom and wipes. Were doing fine up until the point the tank doesnt look and realize noone has mana and keeps going. I summon up HS, noone clicks, we wipe (they are just to pro to use HS). I made a policy if you dont click the HS I dont give out a SS, I dont mind running back.

Quote Originally Posted by Eisenhorne View Post
    But it makes me feel better when they die. The lesson may be lost on them, but I feel warm and fuzzy as I squat on their face.
    Players like this are why I'm thankful that I can misdirect to anyone I like.

I normally won't let people die, but I do try to help them with what they did wrong.
    I will say something along the lines of "Try doing X when Y happens" with no insult included, and some listen.
    Others, well, it's usually "stfu don't tell me how to play" and the like.
    After that, nothing else comes from me.
    It's a one and done offer for help, no need to antagonize those who refuse to listen.
    If they do wrong again and they die, no tears shed.

I agree, letting people die slows the run and everyone wants to get in and out as quickly as possible, but every now and then, especially in the case of a bad player who does 3k in a heroic etc, letting them die to focus on the rest of the party is not a bad idea either.
    It's situational really.

Oh, and the whole ninja MD/Tricks thing, while it CAN be funny under the right circumstances (usually within a friendly guild run I like to MD my lock friend who already has aggro issues just to get a rise out of him and my dk tank friend), in a random it's just dumb and counter productive.
    Don't be "that guy".
    Really, don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    If someone keeps doing something stupid, tell them. If they keep doing it, kick them. If someone doesn't know how to not break sheep, or not attack before the tank does, he's a waste of space. Letting him die isn't going to do anything, stick him back in the dungeon que, maybe that will

Originally Posted by Eisenhorne
    But it makes me feel better when they die. The lesson may be lost on them, but I feel warm and fuzzy as I squat on their face.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Players like this are why I'm thankful that I can misdirect to anyone I like.

These are the healers that when coated with adds, I dont help.

No ones asking for healers to save every idiot standing in fire. If he's burning your mana tell him what he's doing wrong. If he does it again, kick. People tend to spend more time trying to teach sumone a lesson by letting them die repeatedly as opposed to just telling him once, then kicking him if he doesnt listen.

Deleted
    Thing is, if they are that bad, chances are - If you let them die, they will rage quit from the group.

We have all see the dungeons where people leave after they die or when they are about to die, even if it's their fault.

The OP says they don't learn when they die? I think the opposite, many times we tell them what to do and they ignore us..
    When they start to die and are told why, they tend to avoid that and start to play a little better. Sometimes they don't but by then I feel better that he dies more than once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oradraffe View Post
    MoP is not happening i can promise that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tric619 View Post
    Been playing since week 1 and still believe Mop is the next expac? >.>
    Quote Originally Posted by Feyrzhuk View Post
    MoP will never be a WoW expansion. Feel free to flame and ridicule me should I be proven wrong.

Deleted
    Just a few thoughts on the subject. Firstly i would like to ask the author if you dont let the person die what indeed is the solution to the problem? You have offered a very clear thought on what not to do yet i dont see the solution you are offering. Is this maybe because there isnt one? Also im a little confused as to the sheer emotion of your post. Why are you so eager to stand up for these people? Whether its right or wrong to let them die, you just spent at least 15 minutes of your life defending people that should be at best ignored. Why not go on a campaign for prisoner rights next or maybe child abusers?

As to the subject i see nothing wrong with letting them die. They are wasting your gametime and more importantly they are making the healer and tanks life more difficult. Why should they be allowed to get away with this? As to losing a player well big deal. Competent players can 4 man any heroic 5-man boss and then if needed boot the player who was let die after. But saying that they shouldnt be allowed to die is just pointless. You are just saying they should be allowed to do what they want when they want. Maybe send a message to them. If enough people let them die it might get through to their thick skulls that they are doing something wrong. Eventually

I can't out tank stupid, my guildie who runs with me can't out heal stupid. If you have made it this far in the game and still cannot manage your aggro, refrain from body pulling, refrain from attacking the wrong target. I will let you die.

Edit: Also if you die to standing in the poo.. ROFLLMAO
    I am Dave ! Yognaught, and I have the balls!

Quote Originally Posted by thundercles View Post
    Your post assumes that I, as the healer, give some modicum of fuck about what terrible DPS who CBA to get out of fire will think of me.

In the worst case I MIGHT be kicked from the group. This is not a big deal. I have near-instant q times and you still have to wait 15-45 minutes. Even if I get the debuff and have to wait it out it's still better than tolerating Herpdurps for that amount of time.

Letting them die is absolutely appropriate.
    Stop being a sissy.

All the solutions you provide in your OP were just rehashing the idea that those people in question are bad and there is nothing you can do about it, so just suck it up and heal/tank anyway.

Just sitting there tolerating an endless stream of ungracious morons in one dungeon after another is not an acceptable solution. In fact, it's not a solution at all but the very essence of the problem than so many of us are having.

"Do nothing about it because people will never learn" is equally as non constructive as you believe that "just letting them die" is.
    I am a career DPS and I support this message.

DPS is not hard. I am just dumbfounded by how much better I can perform than other DPS AND avoid all of the unnecessary damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexxia View Post
    Meaning you risk(possibly even ensure) a wipe that you could have prevented. In my opinion that means you're not a team player, and likely a "baddie" to boot.

Vote-kick is free, and I'd make use of that free service if I see DPS not doing their job, part of which is using their abilities to help cover unexpected situations.

If a DPS is standing in fires/bad/stupid repeatedly, or pulling ahead of the tank over and over, that's not an unforeseen or unexpected situation. As a healer/tank I would not feel any compulsion to use my abilities to cover for their laziness. If a tank stood in the bad after having it explained that they need to move, I'd likely vtk them or simply drop group myself. If the group's healer is dying to avoidable damage, I'd point out their folly. If their behavior doesn't change, it's off to the VTK pile or I drop myself.

Putting up with other players not playing well isn't something anyone should be expected to do. Covering for their unwillingness to step up their game isn't either.
    Last edited by Lansow; 2011-01-07 at 06:17 PM.

I for one have played a DPS for a very long time and have always viewed it as dps classes are expendable especially when they stand in dead zones or pull without the tank being ready

Quote Originally Posted by Nexxia View Post
    So in other words, you fail at your job. GG

10+ Year Old Account
    im not blowing CD's to encourage their stupidity

Although i'm sure someone has said this before, but I think letting them die and telling them why they died is the best option. Although my healer is not 85 yet, in the normal cata dungeons i have ran, Sure i could heal the bad dps standing in stuff, but i don't and i let them know. I haven't been called a bad healer or anything of the sorts yet in the few dungeons i have done but i do make them realize what they did wrong and that itl'l be 3x worse in heroics~

So my verdict is let them die, tell them what they did wrong. If u get kicked because they think your bad etc etc. no worries que is fast and you know u weren't in the wrong.

@ Point 4

Well if you let someone die, you usualy dont ress him up after either,
    usually i let them rage quit the group and if they dont, we at least have them out of the way till the person in question is back,
    and sooner or later we are able to kick