Fingers of Frost

Hello. I'm new to frost mage (my mage is 84.) I'm having trouble with FoF. I'm running instances, and naturally when my procs aren't up I'm spamming frostbolt. When FoF procs sometimes it seems like I only have one stack of it. Does this happen often or might it just be my frostbolt will consume it? Should I slow down my frostbolt spamming in the event of FoF proccing?

Um the procs you get from FoF are not guaranteed to always be 2 charges. It is determined by the amount of chill effects you have. Sometimes you will stack up to 2 charges, sometimes you wont, except when you use pet frost nova which guarantees two. One thing that I dealt with since switching primarily to frost was I did not know that Frostfire bolt consumed FoF charges as it does not say so in the tooltip. I thought it was a bug but realized that FoF is effective on frostfire bolt. Frostbolt does not consume FoF, period. Ideally you want to use FoF skills (ice lance, deepfreeze) after a cast of frostbolt as frostbolt's casting time is generally pretty short compared to having to interrupt the cast wasting the GCD to use FoF.

Okay I see it says "up to 2 charges." and wasn't sure if frostbolt consumed. Thanks