Who didnt buy cataclysm and why?

Im curious as to how many people didnt join the cataclysm bandwagon and played the new leveling content, got stuck in tbc.. then wotlk and gave up again.

Cataclysm has made being a very casual player like myself, with a ridiculous college / work timetable to no longer find the time, to work for my gear/build character up now.
    The process has defiantly been made vastly more challenging but some a large player base, we simply cant find the time to play for this much harder content, and for the people saying stuff about casuals being slackers, well we have to adapt wow around our own life, we cant dedicate hours each day to run heroics again and again, and for this reason i didnt buy cataclysm, i found re-leveling in the old azeroth zones alot more interesting than 1-2 weeks in lfg.

I also feel that the buzz that wow used to give when i started years ago, has since toned down and you dont get that same feeling of accomplishment, could wow have finally died out for myself and others.

Post your thoughts,

~ Laid

When a "casual" player has 2 or 3 or even more geared out PvE characters on their account you know somethings wrong. This is what happened in WOTLK. I am not saying everyone had 3 BiS'd characters, but the fact is people had so many geared out characters they could do any content with any character. Tell me how people you knew back in vanilla WoW or TBC that had a 2nd character that was able to join PRE-NERF SSC/TK/Hyjal/Black Temple Sunwell?. Unless the person was fed gear for a purpose - it wasn't possible - Compare that to the amount of people in WOTLK that had multiple characters geared enough to do anything...just because killing stuff and obtaining gear was so easy in most cases.

In WoTLK you got feed gear regardless of if you even needed or not. They tried to fix this with Cataclysm I think. Not so much to make it like it was...but at least they're trying to bring back the "epic" feel of items.
    Last edited by codsafish; 2011-01-08 at 03:47 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just wait until 4.1 when you can buy your epics with justice points.
    Feral Druids are the most "feared" class in PvP.
    Warodl - Warod

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    To be quite honest, I'd rather quit than be stuck with Wrath.

People had to work for their gear in Vanilla and TBC. Cataclysm is no different. You shouldn't have epics thrown at you for free. I don't want epics thrown at me for free. I want to feel like I actually just earned something. I also learned that the best way to avoid ungodly long heroics is to run with my guild.

The other day I saw somebody looking for more people for a heroic ICC10. Required average item level? 350.

I don't honestly have anything against Wrath. It was a bit easy but fine, whatever, I don't care. At this point, it's old, it's stale, and if I had to continue playing it I would just find a new game.

Deleted
    Cataclysm must be rough for the casuals that would like to kill bosses like they did in WoTLK.
    So by that, WoTLK was absolutely a casuals' expansion. Of course there was harder bosses that you couldn't faceroll through right away.

But tbh, you wouldn't need to spend hours after hours on heroics, the game is no harder than it was 1 year ago. It's all the player who become worse from WoTLK's wrath (hmm?). I play a holy priest and they pretty much turned us up-side-down, but when you learned how to manage your mana, it's so easy....

So easy it's boring actually. All I do is spam a 2.5 sec Heal, that heals for 12k. Rather in WoTLK, I could massive spam heals, awesome numbers all over my screen, it was fun atleast!

And no, I'm not a WoTLK scrub. I started when TBC came out. TBC was also awesome, for me TBC was the best ever, it was something between WoTLK and Cataclysm. Altho, it's still early Cataclysm so...

Quote Originally Posted by Synaxis View Post
    I don't honestly have anything against Wrath. It was a bit easy but fine, whatever, I don't care. At this point, it's old, it's stale, and if I had to continue playing it I would just find a new game.
    Bads being bad, bro. Nothing new

I would hate to be stuck in Wrath any longer than I already was
    Quote Originally Posted by kasath
    is anyone in this group under 18? my parole officer says I'm not allowed to play wow with anyone under 18

In my opinion, casual players are the best players for the game because they balance life and the game instead of literally living a second life on the internet. And before you rage and get stupid, I know it may be a hobby to some and I can see that being ok, especially if you play with friends and try to be the top in the game. But for myself, I absolutely hate that fact that I have played for as much as I have in the past. lol

Cataclysm has actually made me play much, much less because I got bored with it very quickly. I have been playing since BC and I personally loved both BC and Wrath. I don't see what the big deal was about wrath though, I loved that expansion. But Cata... eh... I cancelled my subscription about 2 1/2 weeks after I got realm first Rogue. -.-
    "It's clear this is another bash Apple thread. Such things are not conducive to a good discussion."

WRONG! Those are the BEST discussions!