Quick question: top 3 SV dps abilities

Hey all! I recently returned to my hunter after holiday break and am trying out SV for the first time. Ideally, what should be the top 3 damaging abilities for a SV hunter(when looking at Recount/logs)? Right now, most of my damage comes from auto-shot, Explosive shot and Cobra shot(not necessarily in that order).

Is it common for Cobra shot to comprise that much damage in SV? I know when I played MM, it was preferable to have more damage from Arcane than from Steady, since you probably weren't managing your focus well if most of your damage was from Steady. Thanks!

I only last checked my top 2 dmg contributors but they were around 33% Cobra and 30% Explosive, i don't think it's uncommon for SV to have Cobra so high due to talents/mastery which increases elemental damage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

My cobra shot is usually my #1.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Okay, thanks. I wasn't sure if I was doing something wrong. Cobra seems to be a "filler" shot, so I was surprised that it was doing so much damage. Then again, I was surprised when I learned how much auto-shot does, too. ;-)

Mine is generally Explosive Shot followed by Cobra Shot followed by Auto Shot. Shorter fights with few or no Lock and Load procs will prop up Cobra Shot's damage relative to Explosive, though.
    Dual Wielding: Equipping one weapon in each hand. Utilized by enhancement shamans, warriors, rogues, DK's, hunters.
    Duel Wielding: Equipping a rabid feral gnome in each hand and watching them inevitably tear each other into little gnome bits. Utilized by bored tauren warriors and also frequently by forum posters who can't spell "Dual Wielding."

ES > CoS > Auto if you're doing your rotation properly. If your CoS is above your ES you're most likely delaying ES much more often than needed.

Yeah, those should be the top 3 on single target fights.

Explosive is usually #1 for me but Cobra Shot is not far behind with auto shot behind that.

Somewhere along the lines of 32/29/25

The rest is Serp Sting, black arrow, pet, and misc.

Overall though, those drop a bit when improved serpent sting, multi shot, explosive trap are thrown into the mix on trash.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    dopends from how much the fight is long and how much L&L procs, but most of times ES > cobra > auto