Poll: Best Money Making Professions?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Best Money Making Professions

Just wondering what people consider to be the best money making profession

Tailoring wouldn't fit!
    Last edited by mmoc95c97f64ce; 2011-01-08 at 10:42 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    To be honest, professions never net you as much as being clever with the AH, but any profession has the possibilty of making money (except maybe enchanting at the moment), by buying cheap mats and making whatever sells high on your server. Whether that's leg armours, belt buckles, gems, anything.
    Digital Rumination
    Plays: Sylvanas EU - Fierae (Druid) | HotS | EVE | PUBG
    Played: Rift | Guild Wars 2 | SW:TOR | BF4 | Smite | LoL | Skyrim
    Ryzen 1920X - 32GB - 980Ti SLI - PCIE NVMe 1GB SSD - Enthoo Primo - Full WC - 4K

15+ Year Old Account
    Create Lifebound Alchemist Stone with Alchemy. The mats are relatively cheap. Disenchant it with Enchanting which will create a Maelstrom Crystal.
    Rinse, repeat.
    You will be rich soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Friedrich Nietzsche
    A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.

Where's fishing?

30 Volatile Fires in about 10 minutes = 600g at least.

Why isn't Tailoring an option? I farm 600 cloth an hour and sell them 150g a stack.

10+ Year Old Account
    For me, it's herbs and alchemy.. Tons of gold for few hours of grind every day, especially right now when the expansion is still new!

Deleted
    I did say why Tailoring isn't on there

Tailoring wouldn't fit!

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Archaeology is also a good one for profit
    Main & raiding character: Elchali, Holy Paladin

alchemy alchemy alchemy alchemy alchemy alchemy alchemy alchemy alchemy alchemy alchemy alchemy alchemy alchemy alchemy alchemy.....sorry I got carried away.

But on a serious note, as much as you can make with almost any other profession, since wotlk Alchemy is BY FAR the most profitable for the least work. Flasks will always make more money during progression than any other item. Note, that is not including the transmutes, dragon mounts, or free malestrom crystals.
    Quote Originally Posted by lol View Post
    I've had lucid dreams a couple times.

I usually imagine some girl I have a crush on and DEMOLISH her, then go back to the computer and start farming whiptail.

Alchemy : Certainly NOT, flasks are selling under their mats prices right now on my server, and since the beginning of cata. There is only so many transmutations you can do every day... But maybe all the alchemists right here think that the herbs they gather are free. Which is the sad truth for most WoW players (and most people in the world...).
    Herbalism : It's also not the most profitable tradeskill because of inscription.
    Inscription : You can transform most herb stacks, even at insane prices, to a 50/80% profit margin, making it much more profitable than herbalism.

Jewelcrafting is in the same vein as Alchemy right now, i think jewelers just assume their mats are free (since many of them are miners/have a miner alts), and think the money they make by selling gems is actually from gems, whereas it is thanks to the very high price of ore.

Okay, just to give an example, Draconic Mind flasks are selling 380g on my server, 380g is AT LOSS compared to the mats it requires to make those flasks. Lol@alchemists thinking they make money out of it.

Deleted
    Inscription is a quite powerful money maker if you can actually sell those glyphs, the Darkmoon sets also go for insane prices, but they are quite expensive to produce. Luck is not much of an issue there, as you can not tell which card you will produce, but most scribes will trade leftover cards, and the single ones are still able to be sold for about mat price, at least on my server.

I made most of my gold in the expansion selling leftover ores. I have a Druid alt who has Mining and Herbalism as professions, but I only need the herbs for my Alchemist main, so the ores I get while I farm herbs are sold at the AH and provide quite a nice income. From time to time I will also sell a few herbs when my bank gets to full, but I usually craft them. The Alchemy transmutation specialization also nets a nice income, as the CD itself is valuable even when nothing procs (Truegold, or Life to Air), with the procs there is a chance for a nice extra money, especially when it's Truegold that procs.

Engineering!
    oh, wait...

i would say JC because from when cata came out i been selling al of my cut gems, Volatile's i get from mining and some ore and bars i roughly made alittle over 40k and counting... good thing i can use the AH from my phone to see prices of gems in the AH.

Alchemy by far. Potion mastery is a total gold mine. I sell hundreds of mana pots/dps pots/illusion pots every day at about 15g profit each.

Deleted
    best one is skinning atm prove it myself

If you like farming then go for it, it's still a very good way to make some nice cash w/o much thinking involved.

If you are as lazy as me, then pick up alchemy on all your 75+ toons, powerlevel it to 525 and do the daily Truegold transmute on each chars.

Even though the prices dropped a lot since 1st week - no more 4k+ profit on each - it is still very profitable when considered how little time/effort it takes.

Currently I'm running with 4 alchemist but planning to level up 6 other (DKs probably) before the epic gem transmutes arrive.

TL;DR
    Multiple xmute speced alchemist is the way to go. Reliable, efficient, lazy.
    Fits me well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Naphta
    The tank is the driver, healer is the fuel. And the DPS are the kids sitting in the back crying about if they're there yet. And this is coming from a DPS.

On my server:
    volatile fire = 60g
    air = 45g
    water = 30g
    pyrite = 100g pr ore, 200 for a bar.
    Truegold = 900g...

If lucky, I might get 100g for a draconic flask. Mats are worth 350g. A crafted item just isn't worth the effort to sell on my current realm. Gonna try smithing/mining again, while crossing fingers for more balanced mats/crafts prices.

Quote Originally Posted by Fierae View Post
    To be honest, professions never net you as much as being clever with the AH, but any profession has the possibilty of making money (except maybe enchanting at the moment), by buying cheap mats and making whatever sells high on your server. Whether that's leg armours, belt buckles, gems, anything.
    This.

Keep an eye out on mats and play it out good on the AH. You don't even need a crafting profession. Watch for cheap epics, buy them out and resell them for more. Sometimes you need to take risks, but that's the fun part of playing the AH.
    Watch trade and AH, see what is in high demand and make use of it. You can even make tons of money, just by advertising your goods in a smart way! ex: You really can sell a lot of fortune cards if you are a "good salesman".

Cheers!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyulvinji View Post
    On my server:
    volatile fire = 60g
    air = 45g
    water = 30g
    pyrite = 100g pr ore, 200 for a bar.
    Truegold = 900g...
    Wow those prices are sick.

Ony my sever Volatile fire goes for 15-20g, air 30-45g, water 15-20.

Pyrite 1 ore = 10-15g and bar 20-30g
    Turegold 800-1000g

These prices are for Tarren Mill and Vek'Nilash.

and On Topic, I make alot of gold from Mining and Herbing.

Deleted
    The first month of Cataclysm skinning was the winner I'd say (if you knew where to skin that is). I made so much money selling just savage leather it was insane.

Quote Originally Posted by WishFish View Post
    Keep an eye out on mats and play it out good on the AH
    It's strange how people can purchase armor they know they could've saved thousands of gold on just asking a friend with i.e. a couple of chaos orbs. What a strange world of warcraft we live in.