Poll: better starting zone

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nnelson54 View Post
    Kezan was awesome until you hit level five and leave the island. The Lost Isles was just painful from start to finish.
    I love Goblins but this pretty much sums it up for me. The Lost Isles just kills all the fun

Deleted
    It's been said a few times before, but the goblin area was just fun, loved the hotrods and explosions, whereas the worgen zone had a great story line, both are enjoyable and i can't really pick an obvious winner.

While gilneas had a few amazing quests in the zone, after you left the actual city i got bored and felt that blizzard chucked in a few random pointless quests that didnt need to be there.
    Kezan on the other hand didnt have much meaning to it but overall more enjoyable for me.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    As another person said, the Worgen storyline wasn't expanded on after Gilneas, or finished for that matter. The Goblin experience, however, continued on through Azshara and we continued to see the Bilgewater Cartel even in Twilight Highlands a bit.

Deleted
    I prefer gilneas, though kezan was kinda fun too i think gilneas is more enjoyable overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Liman View Post
    As another person said, the Worgen storyline wasn't expanded on after Gilneas, or finished for that matter. The Goblin experience, however, continued on through Azshara and we continued to see the Bilgewater Cartel even in Twilight Highlands a bit.
    While it's not as much as the Goblin extension of their story, the Worgen get some love in Duskwood.

Deleted
    I thought Kezan was hilarious, but I really loved the lore in Gilneas. I went with Kezan, because I simply had so much more fun doing that

Deleted
    For me it is like

Gilneas for RPG / Immersion, as I find the story line here better and the zone got a more RPG feel to it

Kezan and Lost isles for gimmicks and fun stuff. The goblin zone seems to me to be build around showing how crazy goblins are, and this is done by more "fun" quests, while the storyline aint as good as the one in the worgen zone.

Kezan for the first time, remembering it keeps me from getting a second gobblin.
    Its nice, quests are fun, but it just draggs out somewhat, so i wouldnt do it a second time.

Gilneas is more fun to do 2-3 Times, the zone is more compact and you dont feel running around endlessly so much

Deleted
    Kezan+Lost Isles was fun and all, it was great but I have to say, even though I'm Horde, I preferred Gilneas, it's just much more atmospheric.

Quote Originally Posted by zando View Post
    kezan was....
    *puts on sunglasses*
    a blast...
    yeeaaahhhhhhhhh

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Kezan was pretty fun. I was more into Gilneas however. Just felt more epic and having played through the Silverpine zone on a lowbie forsaken it just made it all the more sweeter at those points where things connected.
    "Before them the earth shakes, the heavens tremble, the sun and the moon darkened, and the stars no longer shine."

Deleted
    Kezan was awesome until you hit level five

10+ Year Old Account
    I far prefer the goblin line, but then I'm a sucker for gimmicky quest mechanics and explosions. Gilneas was enjoyable, but the atmosphere was a little dreary for my taste. I was a little disappointed that none of the worgen npc's seemed the least bit concerned at their curse and subsequent transformation. As much as most would agree that suddenly being able to turn into a werewolf would be awesomely fun, in reality I'm sure it would induce quite a bit more panic.

i liked gilneas because im a lore junkie, kezan is good for the part of me that likes to blow shit up

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Gilneas was a lore-lover's delight, but I did enjoy Kezan+Lost Isles too for it's fun... I have to go with Gilneas.

Quote Originally Posted by Akando View Post
    For me it is like

Gilneas for RPG / Immersion, as I find the story line here better and the zone got a more RPG feel to it

Kezan and Lost isles for gimmicks and fun stuff. The goblin zone seems to me to be build around showing how crazy goblins are, and this is done by more "fun" quests, while the storyline aint as good as the one in the worgen zone.
    This post pretty much sums up my opinion, and since I'm not a very RP person, I preferred Kezan. The Lost Isles weren't bad at all, I don't see why people dislike it.

Deleted
    I prefer Goblin starting areas by far.

Gilneas was pretty boring in my opinion, especially the part right after you hit lvl 5/become a worgen. Gilneas is steeped in lore, which I like, but they take ages to tell a relatively short storyline.

TBH I didn't like either of the new race ones I prefered the troll and undead starting zones when I did them. Though if I had to pick I would say gilneas was better.
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    If someone could transform Satan's anus into a potent powder, I would totally snort it.

goblin starter zone is generally more fun and has the silly quests, you know, make sure the guests at your party are having a good time, blow up your company hq and claim on the insurance, cross the river using a rocket.
    while the worgen starter zone has the better lore, and you feel more involved in the story line, it also feels more real.