Experiences of unning dungeons in 4 man groups

I have a level 57 paladin that just tanked Upper Blackrock Spire without a healer. A moonkin placed the odd rejuvenation on me, but otherwise it was still pretty easy just with word of glory and divine protection. Nobody came even close to dying, there was one mana break, I only popped two flash heals on myself (apart from Word of Glory) and that was after fights.

I would just like to hear people's opinions on whether we should we be able to do that? What do people think? Personally I think that a skilled group should be able to four man. But it should be a lot harder than it was. I mean, am I going to roll a healer now that I've seen what I've just seen?

P.S. Sorry, I'm not sure what unning is either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Classic dungeons just aren't hard enough to matter.

Should we be able to? I think that it should be possible to do trash without a proper tank or healer, at least (gives the group something to do while waiting for a replacement), but not bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by SeabeastRivin View Post
    Classic dungeons just aren't hard enough to matter.

Should we be able to? I think that it should be possible to do trash without a proper tank or healer, at least (gives the group something to do while waiting for a replacement), but not bosses.
    Not sure about the trash bit, definitely agree on bosses. Groups are formed for a purpose. Everyone in the group should be necessary for the survival of the group and the accomplishment of tasks. Blizz are setting us tasks and putting us in groups with members who are unnecessary. Either the group should change, or the task.

My brother and I did a 2-man run of RFC at level 14 as Prot and Holy paladins. Took a couple of tries at Targamman, but made it through.

I three manned everything but the first boss (2 DPS and me as resto druid) in blood furnace, and then again everything until the last boss in the slave pens. And those were only PUGs who happened to say "...I really don't want to wait for that tank queue, let's go." I feel like there are _a lot_ more dungeons that this could be done easily in.

I've four manned (many times no tank) more dungeons than I can count.

Really, Blizzard doesn't care one bit about making sure the early game stays challenging. The changes to mechanics they've made has made the early game easy-mode, plain and simple. They've all but done away with group quests in favor of "get through this as quickly as possible" quests. Outlands is filler at the very best, a joke at worst (which is unfortunate, because it's really cool content). Many classes new low level abilities allow them to do things that really shouldn't be able to be done. What are you going to do? It's a small population of the playerbase that cares about content below 85 at all anyway. It's too bad.
    Last edited by IMakeIce; 2011-01-09 at 12:30 PM.

I think I started playing WOW in BC but I didnt actually get to the BC content until Wrath came out - I came and went a few times. I certainly remember levelling being harder and more challenging. Now on my feral druid I can often 2 shot yellow mobs and my paladin seems virtually indestructable. My warlock just runs around soul swapping the same dots he applied 10 mins ago. The only time I die is when I go AFK and a mob spawns next to me, or if I fall off something high.

Why wait for raids or cataclysm heroics to make the game challenging? Since when were games meant to be easy? Levelling is a cake walk and so are the dungeons. I like how they've added more elites to certain zones, but in truth the elites aren't actually that hard to bring down either.

Prot pallies are pretty OP pre-80 at the moment. I'm leveling one up right now, and the only time i'm NOT the highest dps is when I have a fire mage who is in heirlooms and knows what he's doing. On the other hand I can slap on Seal of insight and proper use of WoG, pull one group at a time and not need any heals.