Page 1 of 2
LastLast

How much Haste is too much.

I looked at the Sticky up at the top, but it didn't seem to answer my question. Is there a specific amount of haste I should stop at? Or should I just keep going.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...unhym/advanced

There's still a long way to go until you are "haste capped" iirc you can't obtain it with any gear available.

Deleted
    Not sure what the "cap" is but i know for sure its not obtainable in this tier of gear.

You should stop when your primary spell has a shorter cast time than your GCD, providing you're a caster ofc..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pum View Post
    You should stop when your primary spell has a shorter cast time than your GCD, providing you're a caster ofc..

Death Knight forum bud

On topic, pretty certain the cap isn't achievable currently, so keep plugging that haste.

The cap would be reached when you can't keep a set of FUB runes on CD. Basically that point would be reached when you are permanently at less than 3s-4.5s Rune Cooldown which would be the fact at I think ~45% haste

Edit: to be more precise, 45% haste from gear, 15% from UP, 100% from RC
    Last edited by Nyanmaru; 2011-01-09 at 04:24 AM.

Well here is how i see it you wont get to 45% till maybe the end of cata and even then i doubt theyll let it be possible
    Since blizz always says they want us to have fun with our secondary stats... I feel that once hit can be capped just by gear blizz will make a change to mastery or something to keep us from only Oding on haste

Then again this is just a guess but i feel that blizz will never let us be haste capped
    Plz remember this is just a guess

Quote Originally Posted by unholyskipper View Post
    Well here is how i see it you wont get to 45% till maybe the end of cata and even then i doubt theyll let it be possible
    Since blizz always says they want us to have fun with our secondary stats... I feel that once hit can be capped just by gear blizz will make a change to mastery or something to keep us from only Oding on haste

Then again this is just a guess but i feel that blizz will never let us be haste capped
    Plz remember this is just a guess
    Didn't they say they want to implement a system, so that everytime a new major content patch is released, the amount of ratings needed to gain 1 % will raise, so that they can control values better as opposed to, say, wolk?

roundabout 30% you will start being GCD capped. That was the situation at 80, that's the situation now.
    OH FOR GODS SAKE I HAVE NO IMAGINATION.

Herald of the Titans Avatar Killer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archmonduu View Post
    roundabout 30% you will start being GCD capped. That was the situation at 80, that's the situation now.
    If you are UH you are already hit the GCD haste cap due to the presence capping it. At 80 you generally didn't play in UH presence.
    And since haste is much better this go round, currently there is no reason to stop getting haste as there isn't anything that would make it obsolete gear wise. This might change later but not as of yet.
    Gearscore is like a bikini. It shows you what you already know and doesn't show what REALLY matters.
    New Expansion preview HERE

Hey, its that or mastery

Quote Originally Posted by Nudi View Post
    Didn't they say they want to implement a system, so that everytime a new major content patch is released, the amount of ratings needed to gain 1 % will raise, so that they can control values better as opposed to, say, wolk?
    Only hit values for new bosses. Stat ratings should more or less remain the same for the other green stats.

10+ Year Old Account
    to Dope_danny: Mastery as UH is currently Fail. Mastery would apply to Frost though but he is UH.

to ZHRGG: no all stat ratings change every time they change levels. the only thing that doesn't change is AP as it is still and always has been a 14-1 dps ratio as well as Str for DKs. but as far as your "green stats" yes every single one of them has changed. The ratings are as follows:

128 Haste rating = 1%
    179 crit/mastery rating = 1% crit/1 mastery
    129 Hit rating = 1% melee hit
    103 Hit rating = 1% spell hit.

Since you will (as UH with virulence) hit the spell hit cap about 1.56% before the melee hit cap the spell hit rating is nearly useless period since blood doesn't really care about spell hit and frost only has 1 spell that you truly care about and since you wouldn't waste your time to get spell hit caped as frost that entire value is debunked for DK's but that is still the standard.
    Last edited by Avatar Killer; 2011-01-10 at 02:34 PM.
    Gearscore is like a bikini. It shows you what you already know and doesn't show what REALLY matters.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Unholy's primary stats after strength, hit and expertise goes haste > mastery > crit where mastery and crit are close in terms of weight but I would probably take mastery as Unholy over crit since it's value as a whole for most specs is pretty low. Frost on the other hand is the opposite, mastery is the big stat after caps, then crit has a slight advantage over haste but it doesn't hurt to have haste because it does effect weapon speed and rune CD's as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Unholy's primary stats after strength, hit and expertise goes haste > mastery > crit where mastery and crit are close in terms of weight but I would probably take mastery as Unholy over crit since it's value as a whole for most specs is pretty low. Frost on the other hand is the opposite, mastery is the big stat after caps, then crit has a slight advantage over haste but it doesn't hurt to have haste because it does effect weapon speed and rune CD's as well.
    incorrect. Haste outweighs Exp currently in terms of weight. but just so you don't think i made that up all on my own http://elitistjerks.com/f72/t110294-...ts_and_Gearing

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Avatar Killer View Post
    incorrect. Haste outweighs Exp currently in terms of weight. but just so you don't think i made that up all on my own http://elitistjerks.com/f72/t110294-...ts_and_Gearing
    If you are dual wielding, expertise is very vital though which is what I was thinking. Not that Unholy DW will last for much longer, but you can't have a really low expertise rating, otherwise you are going to have issues with bosses avoiding attacks. I'd assume it's not too hard to cap expertise with 2 hand weapons though, but it's really simple with DW so even if Haste has the larger stat weight for Unholy, if you are dual wielding, capping expertise and quickly moving for haste is pretty simple.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    If you are dual wielding, expertise is very vital though which is what I was thinking. Not that Unholy DW will last for much longer, but you can't have a really low expertise rating, otherwise you are going to have issues with bosses avoiding attacks. I'd assume it's not too hard to cap expertise with 2 hand weapons though, but it's really simple with DW so even if Haste has the larger stat weight for Unholy, if you are dual wielding, capping expertise and quickly moving for haste is pretty simple.
    though this may seem useful you are forgetting that UH has a pet and exp doesn't carry over to the pet; meaning that the advantage you thought you might have picked up from DWing would just be tanked by grabbing exp. the fact that you are DWing is only applicable where blizzard put the emphasis on it in the correct tree. DW UH is something players made up and used the fact that you can get the EXACT same stats as 2h but using the crutch that they can reforge away the extra 3% hit that 2h needs to get extra haste.

to ZHRGG: no all stat ratings change every time they change levels. the only thing that doesn't change is AP as it is still and always has been a 14-1 dps ratio as well as Str for DKs. but as far as your "green stats" yes every single one of them has changed. The ratings are as follows:

128 Haste rating = 1%
    179 crit/mastery rating = 1% crit/1 mastery
    129 Hit rating = 1% melee hit
    103 Hit rating = 1% spell hit.
    Sorry could you quote the blue post saying stuff like haste and expertise ratings change per tier content? Because all I read were hit ratings changing (i.e. it takes more hit to hit a boss from Firelands [T12] compared to Cho'gall [T11]).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ZHRGG View Post
    Sorry could you quote the blue post saying stuff like haste and expertise ratings change per tier content? Because all I read were hit ratings changing (i.e. it takes more hit to hit a boss from Firelands [T12] compared to Cho'gall [T11]).
    i could attempt to look for a blue post but since they put the information clearly on the character sheet and not on a post it wouldnt help. Try making a new character and notice that at level 1 1 haste rating = like 2.5% vs 1 haste at level 85 and BAM

and no it doesn't take more hit to hit any boss at the same level.
    level 85 bosses require the same hit per ability type across the board.
    also 26 expertise = 6.5% and cap for dodge
    this has always been true but just so you can see the info first hand
    http://elitistjerks.com/f72/t110294-...ts_and_Gearing

i could attempt to look for a blue post but since they put the information clearly on the character sheet and not on a post it wouldnt help. Try making a new character and notice that at level 1 1 haste rating = like 2.5% vs 1 haste at level 85 and BAM
    Think you got mixed up. No one is talking about stats changing on levelling up, but on tier content i.e. Between tier 11 and tier 12 bosses will require more hit but other stats will not be affected.
    Last edited by shadet; 2011-01-10 at 06:54 PM.