Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pineapple View Post
    Hunter statstick tbh.
    sarcasm detected as only hunters and feral would want that. too few!

I want an epic shield that turns into a jindojun. it turns into other stats if youre a healer or tank. also its use effect (apart of being jindojun mount) is that you turn into a block of awesomeness made of vanilla pudding. because pudding never gets hurt!

In all honesty: casteritem that many casters can use. daggers cant be used by pally but thats only heal spec for them and they had their hammer in ulduar so dagger sounds fine

Hammer of Twilight featured in the quest line with Cho'gull and Garona in Twilight Highlands.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zizfizziks View Post
    Hammer of Twilight featured in the quest line with Cho'gull and Garona in Twilight Highlands.
    But the problem is that its already an item ingame, so no.
    Ex-Ensidia & Clarity-Twisting Nether member.

10+ Year Old Account
    Needs a caster gun.

In all seriousnessnessness (yes im that SERIOUS) it should be a dagger or a staff and it should be related to Gul Dan (Twilight hammer, shadow council anyone?)

Quote Originally Posted by Azshira View Post
    Oh did they say staff? thought dagger, my mistake so ^^

---------- Post added 2011-01-09 at 08:43 AM ----------

Ah it was dagger

blue.mmo-champion .com/topic/19982/caster-dps-legendary-weapon-cata
    So that is Blizzard saying "it's a caster dagger" and "it will come early in the expansion"?

Am I the only one here who can read?

15+ Year Old Account
    To quote your link: " I would be surprised if it was a dagger given that our artists like to have so much fun with the art -- even though Warcraft daggers are as large as claymores from other games, they're still relatively small."

I remember them saying a Staff at 'Con, however do not take that for fact.

not sure about a name for it or how it would fit in lore wise,

but I think there should be a 1 handed Mace, It'd be for dks, shamans, rogues, warriors, and the stats would be so brutal it'd be disregarded as a dps weapon only and resto/ele shammies could use it too,

Doomhammer perhaps?

Oh did they say staff? thought dagger, my mistake so ^^

---------- Post added 2011-01-09 at 08:43 AM ----------

Ah it was dagger

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/1...ry-weapon-cata
    they dont say that its going to be a dagger anywhere. They told us that its going to be a Staff, and it has something to do with Queen Azshara (or whatever she's called)

You don't need the Scythe of Elune to drop off the boss for that tier, remember -- the Shadowmourne questline and the Thunderfury quest line both ultimately sidestep having the legendary come *from* the raid content as such. Shadowmourne is crafted and empowered by the good guys for use against the bad guys; Thunderfury is something you obtain the materials for by killing the bad guys and ultimately drops off an unrelated-to-tier-content boss because you were tricked.

If you want the Scythe of Elune as the caster staff -- which I think it should be, btw -- you can develop quests that bring the player to the Cenarion Circle (even if it ended up in Darnassus, I don't think of it as "belonging" to the Alliance so much as to druids), and there be some threat for which only the Scythe can be used, and have the arc work through being entrusted with it by the Cenarion Circle to go get the bad guy, and it's basically an empowerment line like Shadowmourne. Or, like Shadowmourne, it could be a duplicate/sister weapon to the actual Scythe of Elune.

Twin and counterpart weapons are a nice, cheap way to let players have legendaries without giving them the lore weapon itself. I really wish that the ICC legendary had actually been split -- Darion gives Shadowmourne line to DKs, but Tirion could give a parallel line to Paladins for a Shadowmourne-like duplicate of Ashbringer, and warriors could just do either/or (the trade off for not having direct lore), same stats, even same proc just with a different description for lore -- redeemed souls instead of soul fragments, etc. Besides the point, of course. Point being -- Scythe of Elune, or Scythe of Elune-based weapon, could absolutely be the caster legendary and have it make sense.

Guys, guys. We're getting a stick to beat things with, remember?
    Check out my expansion concept, World of Warcraft: Whispers of Madness
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Brittle Bones now has a 50% chance to turn the target into a purple-wearing supervillain.

2 legendaries this expansion, one IS going to be a caster and other (I hope) is going to be hunter/feral perhaps enhance, seeing as they have been "left out" if you will.. as for where they are from I presume some sort of spear from neptulon/nagas, anything.. just a guess ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Dunee View Post
    2 legendaries this expansion, one IS going to be a caster and other (I hope) is going to be hunter/feral perhaps enhance, seeing as they have been "left out" if you will.. as for where they are from I presume some sort of spear from neptulon/nagas, anything.. just a guess ^^
    Hunters havent been left out.
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Thori%27dal,_the_Stars%27_Fury

Druids (feral) have gotten nothing really, they were able to use Hor and Atiesh. If you want to talk about spec's that havent had a legendary, talk tanks. You may argue that thunderfury and shadowmourne are/were used as tanking weapons, neither have tanking stats, and cannot be considered tanking weapons. And if you want to go down that road, then you should lump HoR and Atiesh in and say everyone has gotten something.

Deleted
    I think its a toss up between the Scythe of Elune and Trident of Neptulon

10+ Year Old Account
    Well blizz has confirmed it will be a staff. I'm curious to see the exact stats on it tbh.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    It will be the "Splinter of Sulfuras", a casters dagger. Name could use work, but I'm guessing Firelands off Raggy hardmode or summit. There'll be a big quest (like Sulfuras) bringing all different pieces and stuff to help forge it.

Blizzard did say they'll be having a caster dagger and early in the expansion.
    Yeah Blizz said they would be doing a staff because it's been since vanilla and such. It's most likely that it will be derived from the Firelands raid though. I was feral during Ulduar and as a Druid I can't use Frostmourne obviously, and I'm a wrath baby (go ahead, troll me) so this will be something awesome for me to pursue as a moonkin now, especially since all I do now is hop on for my daily heroic and to raid.

After reading I realize it could definitely be a weapon derived from the Vasjh'Ir Raid instance they will be adding. People speculating the trident of neptulon or something along those lines, and it also seem quite possible.
    Last edited by Hellphantine; 2011-01-09 at 03:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    lol Will you people stop saying that Blizzard confirmed they are making a caster staff legendary. In no way did they confirm it and if you actually went to Blizzcon or watched the stream, you would know it was a joke.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellphantine View Post
    Yeah Blizz said they would be doing a staff because it's been since vanilla and such. It's most likely that it will be derived from the Firelands raid though. I was feral during Ulduar and as a Druid I can't use Frostmourne obviously, and I'm a wrath baby (go ahead, troll me) so this will be something awesome for me to pursue as a moonkin now, especially since all I do now is hop on for my daily heroic and to raid.
    There is nothing wrong about starting in wrath as long as your don't do stupid things. OT: I really hope it's a rag related staff, That' be so sick.
    Vanilla throwback anyone?

Screw caster legendarys! If they're gonna justify that, at least make them involve the staff/whaterver in the casting animation...

Deleted
    Vanilla:
    Sulfuras, Hand of Ragnaros: 2h mace (several melee dps)
    Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker: 1h sword (several melee dps)
    Atiesh, Greatstaff of the Guardian: 2h staff (casters, both dps and healer)

TBC:
    Thori'dal, the Stars' Fury: bow (hunter, possibly Warr/Rogue, but not very likely)
    Twin Blades (Warglaives) of Azzinoth: 2x 1h sword (several melee dps)

WotLK:
    Val'anyr, Hammer of Ancient Kings: 1h mace (healer)
    Shadowmourne: 2h axe (several melee dps)

See where I'm going? Every expansion had something for melee DPS, which was often also good for tanks. Ofcourse not all melee could use everything, or profited from it as much as others, but you'll probably get my point.
    Caster dps have been left out since vanilla, and hunters since TBC. Assuming 2 legendaries will show up in Cata, I'd say caster dps is a must, and the other will be either tank or hunter. Ofcourse, the problem with a hunter is that it has to be a bow if it's gonna be worth getting (that's why good hunters don't use melee weapons with procs, or melee weapon enchants with procs), which would restrict it to hunters only (rogues will generally prefer a throwing weapon AFAIK and warriors are better off with a weapon with strength on it), and none of the epics besides Thori'dal have been dedicated to one single class, so I'd say tanks are more likely for the second legendary of Cata.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nibbin View Post
    Whatever they go with it better be stats for 'Caster DPS' so healers don't take it.
    Yeah nothing against healers, but I really hope it doesn't have spirit on it so that all the caster dps and healers aren't going for whatever is needed for it, 'cause you'd basically have half your raid group going for it if it was viable for healers. Let's just hope mana is good enough at that point that we don't necessarily need spirit.