Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    its a really useful talent which WILL save your ass in certain situations, your guildie is a moron.

If he's one of those that thinks that it's the healers fault when he's moving out of AoE from a boss mechanic and dies because he took too much damage for the healer to heal, he needs a reality check. Let me guess, he only started in WotLK?

So many fail enhancement shamans about since cata release when our rotation was made easier... hope they all go back to Ele soon.
    Raining Pandarens because of the bouncy racial?
    Quote Originally Posted by rokatoro View Post
    Some Might say it was... (•_•).....( •_•)>⌐■-■....(⌐■_■) A heavy Rain.
    I'm so sorry ;_;

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Barky View Post
    its a really useful talent which WILL save your ass in certain situations, your guildie is a moron.

If he's one of those that thinks that it's the healers fault when he's moving out of AoE from a boss mechanic and dies because he took too much damage for the healer to heal, he needs a reality check. Let me guess, he only started in WotLK?

So many fail enhancement shamans about since cata release when our rotation was made easier... hope they all go back to Ele soon.
    I think failers who says we use a rotation should go back to Elemental please.

You do no dps when dead.

Being able to reduce AoE when you're in a bad spot or remove a magic debuff and just generally help the healers out is always a good thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    This topic makes no sense, shamanistic rage should be skilled in any case...

10+ Year Old Account
    30% reduce + dispell magic effect since all should have the glyph since there are no other proper ones :/ so its definetly worth it.... saves healers much trouble
    "Veni, vidi, vici"

"I came, I saw, I conquered"

I've taken this even a step further.
    I've put three points in spark of life and glyphed water stream totem. While it costs a little dps to take spark of life but until all our guild healers are outgearing heroics it saves them quite a lot of mana.

I won't be on top of the e-peen charts anyway most of the time because of lack of good area of effect.
    Why then pretend to be anything else then a hybrid and help out the tank by cc-ing, help out the healer by casting my own healing or healing rain when i have maelstrom weapon and wait until I'm better geared with taking only dps skills.

Quote Originally Posted by Drutten View Post
    I think failers who says we use a rotation should go back to Elemental please.
    Elemental doesn't have a true rotation anymore. We're a proc based priority system just like Enhancement.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagira View Post
    So I've gotten into an argument with a guildmember and fellow Enhance Shammy about whether or not Shamanistic Rage is worth taking for a PvE raid spec.

I think the damage reduction is extremely handy and can save your healers some mana, and coupled with the Glyph it's even more useful.
    He says it doesn't increase DPS (which is true, I guess) and max DAMAGE should be the first priority.

Who's right?
    Fixed.

The maximum DAMAGE you can do should be your first priority. Using Shamanistic Rage at the right point can dramatically reduce damage you take and thus help relieve your healers and keep you alive. A living Shaman does more damage than a dead one.

For Cata raiding never look at dps meters instead click the link in recount to move to damage done, that is more important. Its pointless doing 25k dps if you die after 1 minute far better doing 15k dps and lasting the full 5 minutes. ie: 25k x 60sec = 1.5m damage 15k x 300 sec = 4.5m damage ie: three times the amount of damage done.

Shamanistic Rage should be in ALL Enhancement Shaman's specs it really isn't an optional talent, same is true of Ancestral Swiftness, its not strictly a dps increase either but getting out of crap on the floor and getting in melee range again fast = higher damage done.

Very important talent to have, especially on fights with lots of unavoidable AoE damage, which is pretty much any raid encounter at one time or another. 30% dmg reduction > * in those situations as it really really REALLY helps the healers. And add that with an instance healing rain (all good enh shaman's use this in raids) and every healer will <3 you forever!

Deleted
    Shamanistic Rage Saves my life eveyr raid, for example on Ascendant Council when you get the lightning mark, and you need to run out , you sometimes cant run in to the middle to grab grounded buff ,and he throws thunderstorm, u would actually be dead, but use shamanistic = alive = more dps = win .

Tell your guildie that your "Dps" means Damage per second. His "Dps" means Deaths per second.

Seriously though, fights like Conclave heroic you're gonna be freakin loving Shamanistic rage for the 30% reduction.