Karazhan as a bear tank.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrion Lannister View Post
    Congrats Blizz. Everyone who wanted a Vanilla realm will get it with WoD. So much for never moving backward. Though, it will not be a pure vanilla server since you can still fly in the old content, and you don't have to farm things just to raid. Just wanted to congratulate Blizz for giving the folks what they wanted, a classic vanilla world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrion Lannister View Post
    Or, maybe instead of making a strawman, they could just get a lvl 1 pony after they complete a quest in the starting zone

10+ Year Old Account
    My intro to raiding (and to the game itself) was a friend that let me play his warrior tank on a 40-man ony raid. I had a blast, not sure what i was supposed to be doing, i dont think i actually tanked ony at all, just ran around hitting buttons till it was over.

Didnt actually raid with my own account till wrath naxx. TBC was during a lot of moving around and lack of internet issues for me.

Vanilla Zul'Gurub. Made it to Mandokir and gave up after 10+ wipes

Karazhan. Easily the best raid they've created. Still awesome to run even with a 100 lvl.

15+ Year Old Account
    People saying "if you mean real raids then Molten Core" but Zul'Gurub was the first real raid.
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

Quote Originally Posted by Endonyx View Post
    People saying "if you mean real raids then Molten Core" but Zul'Gurub was the first real raid.
    ¨

Lol. Zul Gurub was released long after Molten Core.

My first raid if we do not count Stratholme, Scholomance and Blackrock Spire was.....Molten Core.

15+ Year Old Account
    Molten Core

Onyxia at lvl 58. Being one of two dwarf priests in the guild had its positive sides.

Quote Originally Posted by Endonyx
    Well Stratholme, Scholomance, Blackrock Spire (Upper and Lower) Onyxia and Molten Core where the first raids.
    Zul'Gurub was released in patch 1.7.
    Last edited by Perudo; 2015-02-03 at 05:29 PM. Reason: quote

FC - 2234-7580-4322
    Ingame - Mille
    DS name - Groggen

Molten Core

First completed raid was ulduar but first time ever in a raid was in a naxx pug in wrath

10 man strat as a mage, can't remember much about it.

Not counting LBRS, UBRS, Strath, or Scholo, it was MC.

Deleted
    Dragon Soul, in a altrun.

Karazhan then SSC

10+ Year Old Account
    BWL tenchars

My Not-Quite-Heroic Ready Prot Warrior was sent a /tell one day while I was doing IoQD Dailies back in TBC.

I was in Shadowmoon Valley doing that stupid quest where you had to go and grab the weapons, so that you could haul them all the way back to the IoQD to break them when I got this conversation (paraphrased of course):

<Random Someone>: Want to off-tank Karazhan?
    ME: I'm not quite ready for Kara. I have [insert defense cap here] but I only have [insert HP here] and I'm not immune to crushes.
    RS: That's fine, we just need an off-tank.
    ME: OK, Be there as fast as I can!

We wound up clearing up to and including Opera. At some point my Vent disconnected and didn't tell me so I wound up trying to tank the wrong mob and didn't know otherwise (we wiped because of it) and I checked, and someone said "hey dude, you're not on Vent?" and then I reconnected it and I'm like "GAH! Sorry, guys, it disconnected, I was wondering why you all went quiet."

They said "np, we'll try again".

So we tried again and cleared it. Then they all decided to call it a day. I didn't get any drops that day sadly. I get the impression the guild had Kara on farm which is why it was so easy for them, even with a poorly geared Off-tank.

I later joined a guild a month or two later that was on Karazhan, though this guild was just starting out. Had some fun times, though we had trouble with Moroes. Attuemen was easy, and Moroes was a crapshoot, sometimes we'd get him, other times he'd pull something cheap like 4 crushing blows in a row. The few times we did down Moroes, we wound up hitting another roadblock which was Maiden (we started skipping her when we realized we had no chance of clearing her whatsoever).

We did manage to get Opera once, and then the (in)famous Nerf happened as the Wrath Pre-Patch and with that, we managed to down Curator and the optional demon boss. We could never pass Aran, due to people messing up his mechanics. That's as far as we ever got.

In Lich King, that raiding guild managed to get Spider Wing and... Plague? Wings down (the one with the safety dance and the guy with all the slimes) but we couldn't get past the mutt in the other wing because people kept screwing up. About the time Ulduar came out, the officers kept raiding with other guilds, and bringing poorly geared alts to our raids, so we never got anywhere. When Cataclysm came out and they introduced guild perks and guild leveling, I left the guild because I knew they weren't going anywhere fast whatsoever, and made a guild for me and family member who played at the time.

Now, after said family member no longer plays, it is just me and one friend in said guild, said friend doesn't play very often, so it is kinda lonely. I don't have the RL schedule for trying to raid in a guild anymore, so... I've been LFRing it since Dragon Soul.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gruul's Lair.
    It was glorious and had no idea what was going on.
    Followed shortly by Karazhan.

I don't remember Strat or Scholo being 10man (no idea if I didn't do 10man versions or just don't remember them), but I *do* remember 10-man UBRS. Failing that, Molten Core and Zul'Gurub.

10+ Year Old Account
    ZG for me...I started playing in late vanilla.