Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Thanks for calling me an idiot. Totally uncalled for. The OP is obiously saying "BLIZZARD, fix this". This site had to get 40 new moderators to be on top of the postflood and you think Blizzard will be on top of all the issues that ppl raise on unofficial forums?
    The OP DID adress Blizzard directly in his topic line and asks Blizzard to fix it. So what will this accomplish? That people here take his issues into their own hand and appeal on the OPs behalf?
    Blues have said before that they do read and visit fan sites on occasion. While they don't actively monitor them it is possible one them could be browsing mmo-champion and see this. Or come to read some of the opinions shared in popular topics. Not that this is a credible one they would likely read or a popular topic mind you. Good ideas get attention no matter where they are posted, not to mention many people that read topics here have posted such sentiments over on the official forums after reading here. So while you might personally hate the flood of posts you don't have to read them, or reply in them.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Deleted
    Gosh people are argueing about this as if we're in a court hearing...
    Three options:
    1) Get mod
    2) Watch the pulsing light on the compass, if you're so in denial of getting the addon.
    or
    3) Quit wow until Blizzard impliment a colourblind feature for Archeology

Hoho, being an ass is fun D:

To be truthful, i have some problems differencing green from yellow (unless its a dark green vs a bright yellow) similar for things like blue/purple ( i have to focus alot to find if something is epic or simply rare, got the hang of it by now but still...)

I don't see a difference when i get close in archeology, but i do see that one is blinking like mad, while the other is going pretty smooth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahumut5
    I don't want to call Boubouille and wake her up for something like this.

My niece is fully blind and is unable to play AT ALL! Blizzard should stop efforts on all fronts IMMEDIATELY to fix this! Otherwise, Blizzard is automatically a disrespectful company. Also, I hear the CEO eats puppies.

Trolling aside, you really need to realize how much shit goes into this game. They can't just "do" what you're asking... er... demanding. It takes some time. Yes, there's a colourblind feature already in place, but they apparently overlooked the archaeology component. Mistakes happen. Get over it, because you're not perfect either. Give it time, and it should be fixed. Until then, Archy, OR simply don't do Archaeology. Seriously. It's not a major aspect of game play (Blizzard explicitly stated it's a giant time killer), and it's not going anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPistachio View Post
    Bornakk lifts the cup of coffee up to his mouth...
    ...when the Scythe of Elune comes crashing through it.
    ???: I can't you let you brew that, Starbucks!

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by scouser View Post
    my nephew is colourblind what means he cant see colours.
    the built in mod does not cater for people with this disablilty.
    He is colourblind, yet the colourblind mod doesn't work for him? I don' get it.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

I think the easiest solution for this would to simply have a line of text come up in your chat box saying something like,
    "The telescope's light flashes [green/yellow/red]".
    hey

one might be thankfull for blizzard to think about color blind people at all or for blizzard to add something like archeology at all or the ability to alter the game with mods to make them usefull for everyone even if they are handicapped somehow or lazy or whatever , but i guess if it exists people will complain about it

10+ Year Old Account
    People are trolling over this?, wait why am I surprised. I agree, the sooner they fix this the better, clearly by the responses the OP got from at least 2 good GM's (and one asshat, you trolls know what I mean) means that this isn't just an isolated matter, they will improve it eventually.

Now does anyone have any suggestions other than just spouting "get and addon" without actually providing a link to one? thought as much.

Sorry OP, I was unable to find one that would actually help with this, maybe some else is also kind enough to help or has any ideas?
    HOOKED ON DIABLOL, GOOD TIMES ARE BEING HAD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    How come he can't tell what colour the lights are on? Is he colourblind? If so, there is a colourblind mode you can activate in display.
    That's useless. A friend of mine is the type of colour blind that makes it hard to distinguish certain colours from each other (namely orange/red and green), which was problematic on Putricide as you can imagine. I had a look at that feature and all it does is help with tooltips. Epic items will have the word purple on them for example. It makes no difference to the graphics, just a few minor changes to the UI.

Guys -- please notice that this thread is 10 months old.

Just going to close it to prevent further problems.