Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

DPS in Cata Heroics

Dear DPS,

As a healer healing you there are things that dps have to learn:

1. Buy some damn health/mana pots,flasks,and bandages.
    2. Just because you have 100k HP doesn't mean anything, you can't tank a mob. You get aggro take mob to tank.
    3. Move out of things that are avoidable, that unnecessary wastes mana.
    4. Wasting mana is like you wasting dps.
    5. THIS ISN'T WRATH!

Number 5 there is what I fear most dps that you're getting angry at don't realize. If you're having trouble with one of them then let them die to whatever stupid mistake they continually make. They'll learn eventually.

Agreed. As a shadow priest I've even found myself throwing out a good bit of shields and doing a lot of defensive dispelling to help the healers out. Staying alive is not just the responsibility of the healer.

Make your warlocks drop cookies. I drop mine at least for every boss. And im not sure what you expect bandages to do mid fight?

I've seen more problems with the tanks than the dps. I have more than once tried to tell the tank that we need to cc, but thats not as fun as a face-pull I guess.

Also, I have talked to a lot of healers that just figured out that they can't heal like they did in Wrath, so it goes for all roles, research research research

For 3, its only been a week, give people some time to learn all the mechanics, you can complain about that in another week or two.

Deleted
    Agreed. If a DPS aggroes a mob or takes avoidable damage ("stands in stuff"), don't even try to keep him/her alive until he stops doing that.

Not only will you probably wipe later in the fight due to depleted mana (for which you, the healer, will be blamed) if you try, but also it's probably the only way to teach that DPS the error of his/her ways.

Dear Heals,

As a dps dpsing, there are a few things healers need to learn:

1. Buy some damn health/manapots, flasks, and bandages.
    2. Just because you have 70k+mana pools doesn't mean you get to spam unnecessary heals. We have 100k+ health, no need to top everyone off.
    3. Stop putting crap on the tank as he pulls. You are making yourself a magnet for aggro. Wait for CC and actual damage to occur.
    4. That heal you spammed in Wrath, yeah, you know the one, stop it and start healing smarter.
    5. THIS ISN'T WRATH!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MillorTime View Post
    Agreed. As a shadow priest I've even found myself throwing out a good bit of shields and doing a lot of defensive dispelling to help the healers out. Staying alive is not just the responsibility of the healer.
    THIS is how I think the game should be played most of the time anyway. May be just a personal preference, but I do actually enjoy using a larger arsenal of spells in a given fight/instance and not just in arena or pvp where you are forced to do more.

Wrath had too much boring dps/tank/heal rotation or button slamming. It didn't keep me interested as well as this does. I'm hopeful that getting more gear doesn't completely remove any challenge to the current heroics but I'm sure it will even things out some.

I still see a big show of reluctance to CC mobs. Every class/spec has some kind of cc now and its dumb to just bum rush every trash pull like in wrath, but people are still doing it, and the healers go oom and the tank busts every CD he has while the dps use aoe like nothing's changed. I think that's where a lot of the complaints about healing are coming from, because this type of play isn't meant for every pull.

Quote Originally Posted by chisuji View Post
    Dear Heals,

2. Just because you have 70k+mana pools doesn't mean you get to spam unnecessary heals. We have 100k+ health, no need to top everyone off.
    3. Stop putting crap on the tank as he pulls. You are making yourself a magnet for aggro. Wait for CC and actual damage to occur.
    4. That heal you spammed in Wrath, yeah, you know the one, stop it and start healing smarter.
    5. THIS ISN'T WRATH!
    Pwnd

Seriously though, there is no reason to play the blame game. The game has changed a lot and everybody needs to rethink there play styles. Everybody should have an understanding of everybody else s roll in a party or raid so they can help and beneifit each other as much as possible

10+ Year Old Account
    Another thing worth noting for DPS in heroics is to use your class abilities to mitigate damage when possible. Its amazing how much mana you can actually save by simply using a few defensive cooldowns during times that unavoidable damage goes out.

Dear Heals,

5. THIS ISN'T WRATH!
    Valid points but there are far more dps who doesn't do everything they can to help out healers than the other way around. Otherwise it would be dps doing crap numbers while avoiding fire and healers staying at full mana.

Quote Originally Posted by krillianlol View Post
    Valid points but there are far more dps who doesn't do everything they can to help out healers than the other way around. Otherwise it would be dps doing crap numbers while avoiding fire and healers staying at full mana.
    Of course that is the case, there are 3 dps to 1 healer. Tanks are also just as foolish in many ways. I get sick to my stomach watching tanks use charge and demand I Fear the target right next to them and they don't budge an inch and wonder why it keeps breaking from their damn ThunderRend. Or the sheer lack of interrupts from ANYONE. I get sick of having to shelf my Felguard to bring out the Felpuppy just to do the job of a melee dps, like they really have so many things to keep track of.

All of these things are on the player, not the role they play.

Dear Heals,

5. THIS ISN'T WRATH!
    Clever but lame be original. Tanks need pre-HoTs on some pulls. Staying alive is a group responsibility now just the healers job anymore. How many dps won't eat before a pull waiting for the healer while a healer is drinking, to waste the mana healing them up? There's a reason dps que times are 100% more of a tanks and 75% more of a healers.

Dear Heals,

5. THIS ISN'T WRATH!
    Yea, keep doing your 3k dps, not interrupting boss heals and wonder why the healer goes OOM 6 minutes into a boss fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Vastis View Post
    Another thing worth noting for DPS in heroics is to use your class abilities to mitigate damage when possible. Its amazing how much mana you can actually save by simply using a few defensive cooldowns during times that unavoidable damage goes out.
    Agreed, also the pulls are more time consuming so you can use your CDs before you get to a boss fight.

---------- Post added 2010-12-14 at 04:46 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by krillianlol View Post
    Um.......we're in blues and greens at the moment. Some might have some epics but not the point. Dps is going to get better just like healing and tanking with better gear. Right now it's about controlling the situation not epeen contest unless your group is that good but we're talking about the average LFG.[COLOR="red"]
    Last edited by blazto; 2010-12-14 at 04:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Altzae View Post
    Yea, keep doing your 3k dps, not interrupting boss heals and wonder why the healer goes OOM 6 minutes into a boss fight.
    I use Felpuppy to interrupt SFK boss, use Imp to Singe Magic on root in VP, both of which shouldn't be my job but I do it anyways, all the while being 12k or higher even while distracted with CC or other mechanics someone else should be doing. You make some pretty strange assumptions.

And my favorite Heroic is the often feared Grim Batol for the simple reason that I get to manage 3 CCs with my Succubus out. I enjoy stuff like that.
    Last edited by chisuji; 2010-12-14 at 04:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have to reply to this.

Cata DPS... you're bad. You constantly under-perform, you have heroic gear (or 346 rep gear) that isn't enchanted, isn't gemmed and isn't reforged. Why are you queuing for a heroic if you're a scrub who puts no effort in your gear? I will, and do, vote kick you every damn time.

If the tank gives you a bloody mark to CC... do it. I know your job better than you do at this point, so listen.

I have a friendslist full of people who listen to me, and we enjoy wipeless heroics. If you're wiping, its your fault for being bad. Stop queuing, and Learn to Play.

------

This is by no means a 100% @ dps attack. I've met just as many LFG healers who don't know what a professions do... For all the scrub tanks you have got, I apologise... pray you get me as your tank, and then do what you're told.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyphran View Post
    This is by no means a 100% @ dps attack. I've met just as many LFG healers who don't know what a professions do... For all the scrub tanks you have got, I apologise... pray you get me as your tank, and then do what you're told.
    I like your style.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can we seriously stop making these topics?
    This is new and exciting for sure.
    History Teacher - Boarding School Residence Advisor - Polyglot of Profanity

10+ Year Old Account
    I like your style.
    Thanks. I'm not the nicest guy.... but if you listen to me... I will fight tooth and nail to finish any heroic. I've done em all, I've watched people wipe time and time again to mechanics I have explained. But then they listen, and we win.

If you Ever meet someone who knows what's up, and tells you how to do it... Listen.