Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    A dominant female? Oh god yes please.

If you let her/him control your WoW time/enjoyment, it will only spread into other activities that you enjoy (sports, poker, etc).

So, grow a set and dont be whipped.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by emjay View Post
    translation:
    So I destroyed the life of one of my many ex boyfriends, so I sucked him into an addictive game because I dont want to move away from this computer, so to feel less guilty about my pathetic situation I wanted drag him into my world, but no I wouldnt play together with him. I'd continue my way, I didnt care if he wanted to actually do stuff with me because I was his main contact in the game. So I enjoyed the privilege of being the girl in the guild that all guys want to chat with, I didnt want to get replaced because I knew how easy that could happen.
    In the end I told him to f*** off and ripped him off his char, because I ALWAYS WANTED A SHINY SHAMAN ), hey who cares about the time he spent on leveling his FIRST CHAR. I'd probably kill myself if if I didnt have a way to play this game one more, but hey Im a girl, love me I'm cute :3

in case youre wondering, Im still playing wow all day, havent had a boyfriend yet, but hey, the server loves me.
    Sounds like so many nutty girls playing this game.
    Start trying to work out who deserves what, and before long you’ll spend the rest of your days weeping for each and every person in the world.

translation:
    So I destroyed the life of one of my many ex boyfriends, so I sucked him into an addictive game because I dont want to move away from this computer, so to feel less guilty about my pathetic situation I wanted drag him into my world, but no I wouldnt play together with him. I'd continue my way, I didnt care if he wanted to actually do stuff with me because I was his main contact in the game. So I enjoyed the privilege of being the girl in the guild that all guys want to chat with, I didnt want to get replaced because I knew how easy that could happen.
    In the end I told him to f*** off and ripped him off his char, because I ALWAYS WANTED A SHINY SHAMAN ), hey who cares about the time he spent on leveling his FIRST CHAR. I'd probably kill myself if if I didnt have a way to play this game one more, but hey Im a girl, love me I'm cute :3

in case youre wondering, Im still playing wow all day, havent had a boyfriend yet, but hey, the server loves me.
    Pretty much this. Don't know how such people can live with themselves.

Deleted
    Mine does not like it, does not understand it but accepts it as my passion. For now. Not sure which "honey-can't-meet-you-that-day-It's-progress-day" will cause her to snap.
    Last edited by mmoc232e0fbc57; 2011-01-12 at 06:34 PM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by splifone View Post
    what do you guys feel about this?
    we feel about controlling girlfriends! ;-)

10+ Year Old Account
    translation:

I laughed.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Musra View Post
    If she have a valid reason, I will do what she says but its gotta be convincing, if its just because she wants too, then I will ask something of her as compensation.
    I truly hate how most human relationships are more like business arrangements than anything else, it is sickening.
    For the Worgen! Furries of WoW unite!

Quote Originally Posted by Tayfow View Post
    What's the point of playing an easy game? When did this huge subset of people come to video games, wanting not a challenge, but some kind of interactive facebook type thing with spells?

10+ Year Old Account
    My girlfriend saw this topic and told me to tell you guys that she does not control me and also told me to say that I have absolute free will and I can do what i want. She is fine. No, shes FINE. Nothing is wrong. Why would something be wrong. It is all FINE.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Linry View Post
    i play wow with my bf, and to be honest if he wanted me to stop playing wow i would, i care more about him then a game, maybe your friend feels the same?
    I can't respect someone who has to interfere with me when I'm on games.
    I play on the PC alot of the day, and I'm often bored, if I cherish the moments that I am not bored on it then I will do that first, and if someone tries to take that much time from my alone time, then I don't see why I should give it to them - if anyone.

- H

Quote Originally Posted by Dashield28 View Post
    My girlfriend saw this topic and told me to tell you guys that she does not control me and also told me to say that I have absolute free will and I can do what i want. She is fine. No, shes FINE. Nothing is wrong. Why would something be wrong. It is all FINE.
    I understand. You're completely free.

If you are being held hostage, please alert the authorities. If you are not free to speak, just nod. Females of the human species cannot read small letters
    - it's their one weakness. Fight on, brother!

Quote Originally Posted by Linry View Post
    i play wow with my bf, and to be honest if he wanted me to stop playing wow i would, i care more about him then a game, maybe your friend feels the same?
    I look up to you mam with great envy for i could never do this.

If you're looking to recapture nostalgia.. It's not going to happen.

I quit wow premeptively before I got serious with a girl. It is a time sink for most people and I think it has to do with the signifigant other felling ignored for something that seemingly isnt importat becaus ethey do not play the game. Me and my girl play console gmaes together but I think wow is crossing a little too into the OMG NERDDDDD NO LIFE pretence that seems to eclipse the gaming world.

Excuse me if I skimmed this, but this seems to be more of a tirade of how girls say they would never do that and the guys trying to flex their e-muscles.

Listen, the best thing for you to do is to just let it go by and not say anything until you see that your friend is truly unhappy. For the most part when someone is emotionally invested into someone else they tend not to heed advice from others. People need these sort of life experiences to round them out as a whole. So he's dating a bitchy gf? Let him know what its like so when he realizes the displeasure he won't date another person like that again. Seeing how the age demographic (and quite frankly your grammar also) is quite young, I bet your friend isn't in any sort of serious relationship and allow it to be a phase.

To be a good friend is to be there when his relationship comes crumbling down, and to remind him of the person he was beforehand and to give him a pat on the back to let him know you're there.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nourish View Post
    Either person controlling the other in a relationship is unhealthy.
    Absolutely. No one tells me what to do and whom to know. If a girl tries to enforce control, this means she's weak and spiritually crippled. Same applies to males, and from my observation it's somewhat more widespread among males.

Trusting another person and following your wishes is in fact quite simple if your mind is tranquil enough. Live and let live.
    Last edited by Haven; 2011-01-12 at 10:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    they outta love ya the way u are or leave u the way u are. id never change for someone, that would just mean they would rather have me be someone else, in which case id leave. i gotta buddy whos gf never lets him play and games even tho he like myself center our time after work, and srs biz, on gaming. its not right to do try to change someone, if u want someone to be diff, your with the wrong person.
    teh 1337

Deleted
    translation:

Woah, holy projection, batman! You're kind of a scary little fellow aintcha?

Deleted
    translation:

It can't be just me who's wondering if this is the ex in question.

Although that said, it does happen, my ex liked to be the typical 'cyber-slut' to get the teenage male population to like her, it didn't bother me particularly when sharing the gifts of gold, or laughing at the many perverts, but having randoms insult me because I was 'that guy who goes out with the girl I stalk online' did get pretty old.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    from my experience people who change themselves for their bf/gf are mostly people with a weak self-confidence who believe no one else would ever like them,so they do desperate things to make the relation work

don't /boo me,it's mostly true(except if your in love or smth)
    I found despite having low self confidence anyway (and it was never a problem in previous or later relationships), my ex made it a lot worse by always picking up on little things I did, having a go at me and starting big arguments over small things. It became mentally exhausting dealing with that crap all the time, and I still have some issues now from it.

edit: I think how they acted was down to being insecure and low in self confidence themselves. I imagine it's probably the same for most folks who are controlling partners.

My gf just saw this topic and forced me to type; I dont control my bf at all, hes free