Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by EvolutionXXX View Post
    There are too few players doing heroic raids at the moment I think for blizzard to really tell if they need to fix the mechanics. I am sure they will look at the data that paragon has provided. I would say that once more guilds get into the heroic raids that they will most likely change a mechanic or something but not "nerf" it too badly.
    paragon provided all this data months ago and it was totally ignored. paragon told blizz YOU CAN'T BRING MELEE TO SOME OF THESE FIGHTS and blizz did nothing

we're beta testing right now, get used to it

and btw, blizz is a multi BILLION dollar corporation, defending them makes you look less than respectable, especially when you're wrong

Grats on the kill, guys.

Just curious - about how many wipes did it take you guys before you managed victory? o:

Quote Originally Posted by Thcronik View Post
    what i wanna kno is y do people knock the least popular class and call them OP when they were called Noobs and SHIT for the longest time. jus cuz every1 else got nerfed doesnt mean knock on the lacking class now. i took pride in proving every1 wrong with mine, but shit now i dont like being called OP, its a mockery of my skill. the only thing a druid was ever used for before was treez an boomchicken
    i just punched my own balls to make me forget about this atrocious post.

i owe you

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzz View Post
    Wouldn't mage stacking work as well then.
    Hard cast pyroblast, crit for about 1 mill damage and leave a 40k ticking dot, and a 200k ignite tick use combustion and have combustion ticks for 250k doing another +/-4mil damage? Sure combustion has a cooldown and your pyroblast has to crit but it's pretty sick nonetheless.
    Why not warlocks? Why not spriests? Because feral dots do a TON more damage, oh hey a bandaid fix is coming from blizz for the nefarian fight. It involes nerfing feral dots!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gohzerlock View Post
    Why not warlocks? Why not spriests? Because feral dots do a TON more damage, oh hey a bandaid fix is coming from blizz for the nefarian fight. It involes nerfing feral dots!
    Afaik combustion is highest damage per global cooldown when used right, so that can't be the only reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzz View Post
    Afaik combustion is highest damage per global cooldown when used right, so that can't be the only reason.
    Perhaps it's tougher to time combustion when you have to also deal with the fact that the MC lasts a certain amount of time? Rip just needs to have mangle on the target for extra bleed, and then fire and forget, no cooldown and just coming out of an MC you'll certainly have enough energy. Or maybe there were more sufficiently geared feral druid alts available than there were fire mage alts. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Vraizan View Post
    The reason was already addressed in this thread, the stacking mc buff you can get makes the next rip cast super awesome. I think the full post is on page 2.

EDIT: It is indeed on page 2, it is post #27.
    Maybe you missed it - we have one of the guys from the guild who was *in* this fight posting... thought he would be better suited to answer it.

Or we can go with post #27. :-)

<3 druid stacking, nice job nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by gutnbrg View Post
    how many people are gonna say this until people realize ur wrong? Paragon themselves said they had to stack druids to get the kill, so why does everyone keep saying its illusion potions? read the article and then comment more intelligently, or go to the website and realize that all those druids got the achievement for the kill..ITS NOT ILLUSUION POTIONS, end of story.
    how many people aren't going to read all of the posts before posting?
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    Perhaps it's tougher to time combustion when you have to also deal with the fact that the MC lasts a certain amount of time? Rip just needs to have mangle on the target for extra bleed, and then fire and forget, no cooldown and just coming out of an MC you'll certainly have enough energy. Or maybe there were more sufficiently geared feral druid alts available than there were fire mage alts. :P
    Rip needs 5 combo points, and unless there's a timer on MC (i'm sure there is so this is a moot point) you most likely wouldn't have 5 combo points. Now if there's a timer you would so yeah, and you can save Tigers fury and make it tick 15% harder then it already does...throw in a agility pot in there and you'll be raping the boss doing like 3 mill per rip put up or something ridiculous

Deleted
    And then maybe you can refresh rip with ferocious bite in the last 20% making the last 20% of the boss go down really fast?

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Many Druids ! Handle it !
    This made me laugh out loud

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you wanna know why a feral is so popular, rip can be refreshed with ease, like serpent sting but hits considerably harder especially since their dots are a primary damage source.

Think about it, 200million boss hp.

Rep ticking for 4,000,000.

11x druids.

11x4,000,000 = 44,000,000 per raid tick.

Boss dies in 5 raid ticks

To do this however, the raid must sit through 30 full mind controls, each of which stacks the buff 5 times, at 15 each.
    Gear Score is a good representation of skill, enchants, and gems...NOH! WAI-....

To the guy above, just no. If it was that easy, it would have died within an hour. You're missing pretty obvious stuff like the buff fading, for one. 8]

Some other stuff in this thread that's been asked:
    Every DoT works. Every SW:P, every Doom tick, everything works with the full buffed damage. You can not refresh the DoTs or they'll resume normal damage. This means Blood in the Water etc do not work.

For the guy asking if mages wouldn't work, you're right. Problem is you do not know who gets MC'd. We had some success with mages in the fight, doing somewhere between 3-5M per MC every once in a while. There was just so much variation in how much damage they put out depending on if they crit or not. Combustion has a cooldown.

Rip is good because Mastery affects it by a ton and it's really easy to gear up for. Took like 3 hours of heroics on one night and that's it, you're good to go. Druids in general are pretty damn nice because they can reduce their damage intake by a ton, if the damage is predictable such as on Nefarian.

Dunno how many wipes it took. Surprisingly little, although we did raid it for a full day (around 10-11 hours with breaks included). I suppose a big part of that has to do with the fact that it was an easy encounter to fight on paper, which is something we do a lot. Something like Atramedes is the complete opposite; you already know everything with two pulls but it's just down to individual player execution doing everything right.

Potion of Illusion...I'm just saying

Hey, let's ROOT the adds!

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ruga View Post
    Hey, let's ROOT the adds!
    shhh dont give it away..

Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    Paragon uses Solarbeam!
    It's Super Effective!
    I lol'd
    nice reference