Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Masons aren't anything bad these days. A fraternal type organization for adults and business people to make deals and hang out.

They got their reputation for a few reasons. 1 is just secrecy, people are suspicious and think the worst of anything secret. It must be sinister! see: government. second is a lot of the symbology they use is ancient and has been associated with many things over the ages.

Third however is that back in the day, some freemason leaders really were involved in some very bad things including a murder.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Morgan_(anti-Mason)

A lot of things stem from that right there.

Deleted
    I always thought freemasons didn't talk about the freemasons.

Cute sign tho.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ok, I've considered joining the Masons before. I remember hearing, imagine that rumors about the Masons, that Masons had to believe in a "Supreme Being". Doesn't matter who the Being is, God, Jesus, Buddah, etc, and that a Mason initiate will not be asked to specify which Being. I guess I would just like some verification if this is true. That being said, I am not a religious person, and I don't subscribe to a specific religion or Being. I do however have hope that there is such a being watching over. I'm just curious if this would be qualification enough for joining the Masons.