Deleted

Just a few Prot Pally Questions :)

Hello all.
    We be honist, i have a lvl 70 pally which is not my main, but got bored of TB dailys, dungons n repeat, so i dusted of my pally for some pvp action, and dam so far im loving prots in pvp lol. Im alittle confused thou, as a prot, which are the best stats to go for on my soon to be Brutal set, Should it be the Str/Stam or the Stam/Int, the thing that confuse's me is, yes int = mana, but are all my skills, even the weapon based melee skills are all theese classed as spells, or only a seclect few, maybe a noobish question lol sorry for that.
    I have the honor for a full brutal set, just wanna make sure im going for the right set lol. Also if you know where i can pick up some new trinks n rings aswell that would be great, thank you very much for the help, i am still learning the class, as ive not played on him for about 2yrs, but any help is welcome.
    Have a great day

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by deextreme View Post
    Hello all.
    We be honist, i have a lvl 70 pally which is not my main, but got bored of TB dailys, dungons n repeat, so i dusted of my pally for some pvp action, and dam so far im loving prots in pvp lol. Im alittle confused thou, as a prot, which are the best stats to go for on my soon to be Brutal set, Should it be the Str/Stam or the Stam/Int, the thing that confuse's me is, yes int = mana, but are all my skills, even the weapon based melee skills are all theese classed as spells, or only a seclect few, maybe a noobish question lol sorry for that.
    I have the honor for a full brutal set, just wanna make sure im going for the right set lol. Also if you know where i can pick up some new trinks n rings aswell that would be great, thank you very much for the help, i am still learning the class, as ive not played on him for about 2yrs, but any help is welcome.
    Have a great day
    Str/Stam as str gives you Parry and AP (almost all spells stack with AP aswell as SP (whichever is higher)) which gives you SP. As prot you dont need more than your base mana as every time you judge you'll regen 30% base which is plenty to keep up mana. Furthermore, everytime you block or dodge, you'll also gain 3% base mana.
    Stat prio (for PvE atleast) is: Stam > Mastery > Dodge/Parry
    :-)
    Last edited by mmoc02442228ec; 2011-01-10 at 11:15 AM.

Deleted
    The extra mana that you get form the +Int gear isn't effected by the mana-regen on judgement since it is base only, at at most you would only get a few extra spells off, making the strength gear far better imo. Most of your spells will count as melee attacks even if they have a mana cost - a good guide is anything with a range more than melee counts as a spell, apart from judgement which is a bit weird :P Finally, you also get 8 % extra hit on spells for choosing prot, so don't worry too much about going above the melee hit cap if you are aiming for it.
    Just so you know, i'm guessing here since i hardly ever pvp :P

Hope that helps

Deleted
    Strength gives more benefits to a melee pally (not the healing type) than intellect.
    Paladins used to have a talent giving extra spell power for the strength you had, now i guess it's a hidden stat

Deleted
    Thank you guys, i wasnt sure, but now i am, again thnxs for the fast response

Deleted
    np glad to see you asking questions instead of just winging it
    (yes i am referring to some ppl in dungeons and stuff )

Quote Originally Posted by PHNX View Post
    Paladins used to have a talent giving extra spell power for the strength you had, now i guess it's a hidden stat
    That's a baseline talent for Prot.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cryoh View Post
    That's a baseline talent for Prot.
    Damnit, I always forget the new passive talents when you choose your talent tree, it's touched by the light that I meant

Quote Originally Posted by Ganthar View Post
    Str/Stam as str gives you Parry and AP (almost all spells stack with AP aswell as SP (whichever is higher)) which gives you SP. As prot you dont need more than your base mana as every time you judge you'll regen 30% base which is plenty to keep up mana. Furthermore, everytime you block or dodge, you'll also gain 3% base mana.
    Stat prio (for PvE atleast) is: Stam > Mastery > Dodge/Parry
    I could imagine spellpen being kinda nice in PvP though.
    :-)
    Spellpenetration is useless since all paladin spells deal holy dmg which doesnt have a resistance table.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeddiculus View Post
    Spellpenetration is useless since all paladin spells deal holy dmg which doesnt have a resistance table.
    that is true. corrected

Deleted
    At lvl 85 the stat prio is Mastery > Parry/Dodge > Stam ...

Avoidance > Hp.

(Unless you got shit gear)

Quote Originally Posted by Cuddlebeef View Post
    At lvl 85 the stat prio is Mastery > Parry/Dodge > Stam ...

Avoidance > Hp.

(Unless you got shit gear)
    Not entirely true. There's fights where you'll take unavoidable damage (especially magic heavy fights). Avoidance is great, much better than in Cataclysm and a healthy amount will make your healers love you. But don't neglect your health pool totally; it's as bad as stamina stacking. Stat balance is now the key for tanks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Matchu View Post
    Not entirely true. There's fights where you'll take unavoidable damage (especially magic heavy fights). Avoidance is great, much better than in Cataclysm and a healthy amount will make your healers love you. But don't neglect your health pool totally; it's as bad as stamina stacking. Stat balance is now the key for tanks.
    Well that would be raids, and if you're raiding you should already have over 160k hp Buffed and this is what you need.

So stack Avoidance until 102,5%

Quote Originally Posted by Cuddlebeef View Post
    Well that would be raids, and if you're raiding you should already have over 160k hp Buffed and this is what you need.

So stack Avoidance until 102,5%
    I disagree, there's plenty of magic/unavoidable damage in heroics. Particularly if DPS are slow on the interrupts (roll on the Rebuke change). Stamina will still be useful.

Deleted
    i strongly disagree with Cuddlebeef aswell. You do your thing, i do mine

This is supposed to be a pvp question guys try a different thread to discuss pve

OT: Use the strength pvp gear, the only bonus you get fro using int gear is you'll be able to throw out more healing spells during battles.

INT is useless for us (so the speak-), STR will give you the SP power you need. Mana issues as prot you should not be having, a few talent points in ret should get you a ranged judgement. Ranged judgement = unlimited mana.

Consecration seems to kill a lot of prot pallies' mana pool. In pvp you will rarely get any good dmg out of it and it uses tons of mana.