DirectX 11 (water-bug)

Hello fellow gamers,

I hope one of you can help me with this bug. The problem is the following. If I enable dx11 in WoW. All water in game is disappearing, its not showing up. But if I lower the details on water it is showing back up. I have updated both my videodrivers and directx. So I dont know whats keeping me behind of playing this game in its full potential. Mine grafixcard should be able to handle it, its an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 295.

Anyone ever had this bug and solved it?

Thnx people.
    Even in my dreams, I'm an idiot who knows he's about to wake up to reality.

A friend of mine has this same problem, hopefully someone posts some helpful information for this!

Head over to the official boards and look around. You will have more success and might find a thread about that bug has already been started.

1st. there are MULTIPLE threads about this issue.

2nd your graphic card do NOT support dx11, which is the reason that your graphics are bugged.

http://www.nvidia.co.uk/object/produ...tx_295_uk.html

GTX 295, info taken from the Nvidia site:

Feature support:

Microsoft DirectX 10

And the "full potential" you are talking about in WoW is achieved even in DirectX 9.
    The only thing you are actually doing by adding that DX11 line in the config, is actually just telling the game to use the DX11 API over the older ones. WoW's performance and visual quality does not increase in any way by going from DX10 to DX11 API.

Also, make sure you are not running any sort of view-port mod, resizing the rendered area and then enabling the advanced water/sun-shaft details causes numerous graphical glitches while near water.

Deleted
    I used to have DX11 enabled as well and my water disappeared on any setting above Fair. So I removed the setting from the launcher and logged in, only to see it still be invisible on Good and Ultra settings. WTF?

And that's the solution right there: Enter your WTF folder. Open Config.WTF. Find the line

SET gxApi "D3D11"

and change 11 to 9. Using 10 will do you no good, as it reverts to 9 anyway. Save the file, log in, set Liquid Detail to Ultra, if your computer can handle it, and there you go. Water is back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Smunisto View Post
    And the "full potential" you are talking about in WoW is achieved even in DirectX 9.
    The only thing you are actually doing by adding that DX11 line in the config, is actually just telling the game to use the DX11 API over the older ones. WoW's performance and visual quality does not increase in any way by going from DX10 to DX11 API.
    I beg to differ. I set it to that and wow was their a massive change just even with the login screen. The cinematics everything really became clearer and it even got me better performance. And all this is just with a radeon 5770 and an i7-920.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    I beg to differ. I set it to that and wow was their a massive change just even with the login screen. The cinematics everything really became clearer and it even got me better performance. And all this is just with a radeon 5770 and an i7-920.
    Anything becoming "clearer" is all in your head. Performance though is increased.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Performance may or may not increase.
    You can try out telling the client to use DX11, but it is optional and not by default for a reason.
    It will not always improve performance, in some cases making it worse.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    There was a post on the front page some weeks ago showing a comparison between DX9 and DX11 on several major video cards - only the newest cards, the ones that actually have DX11 support in them (not DX10), showed any improvements in framerates. In fact, on some of the older cards, DX11 performed worse than DX9 did.