Motherboard of awesome

Does this P8P67-Pro (new 1155 socket) support BOTH Nvidia & AMD GPU cards?

I want one* that does both.

Had to give up on the EVGA one due to not supporting Radeons.
    /sigh

Chicken

Most recent mid-high end board supports both crossfire and SLI. However that support is not needed to support just a single card.
    AKA a board that only supports nvidia's SLI can still run an ATI card. Bu still, most boards support both.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronius View Post
    So the base P8P67 mobo (149$, I think) would support a single of any cards? I don't know the difference between all the mobos of the same kind (same name, with an "- ___ (letter)" at the end of it).

I plan on using this motherboard with an EVGA gtx 570 along with the new 2500k for a gaming rig. Would it be better to go with the EVGA board, or this one would do fine, and which one would I need?

Thanks again,
    Chicken

---------- Post added 2011-01-10 at 05:15 PM ----------

For the comment above, this is the DELUXE edition. I asked about the normal edition.
    Anyone?

---------- Post added 2011-01-10 at 06:40 PM ----------

EDIT: Bump. Hehe. I'm only gonna do this once!

Quote Originally Posted by Chickensoup23 View Post
    So the base P8P67 mobo (149$, I think) would support a single of any cards? I don't know the difference between all the mobos of the same kind (same name, with an "- ___ (letter)" at the end of it).

I plan on using this motherboard with an EVGA gtx 570 along with the new 2500k for a gaming rig. Would it be better to go with the EVGA board, or this one would do fine, and which one would I need?

Thanks again,
    Chicken

---------- Post added 2011-01-10 at 05:15 PM ----------

For the comment above, this is the DELUXE edition. I asked about the normal edition.
    Anyone?

---------- Post added 2011-01-10 at 06:40 PM ----------

EDIT: Bump. Hehe. I'm only gonna do this once!
    ... Any motherboard with a slot the video card fits in, supports that video card. There's no motherboard with a x16 PCIe slot that I know of, that doesn't "support" one or the other. The only time support comes into play is with Crossfire or SLI, and many of the better boards lately can do both of those anyhow.

From my research and what has generally been said in my own endeavors to build a rig. Matching the video card with the mobo gets better results. How much better I certainly can't say, but I like the EVGA board. But I have a month and halfish to sit and watch a bit as well. I would wait a week or two if you can... read reviews, see what happens.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Artunias View Post
    Matching the video card with the mobo gets better results.
    Define "matching"...
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

"Matching" as you say doesn't really matter. Sure there are some incompatibilities at times, but it's pretty rare. And again, most decent boards nowadays support both Crossfire and SLI, so even that's a moot point.

Probably means Asus board Asus video card only thing i can think of

Yeah I meant like EVGA mobo with an EVGA card. I think while the performance may be the same. The evga mobo does have some preset overclocks for the 500 series and things like that which it doesn't have for the ATi cards.

So, if you care about that! That's all you're looking to gain as far as I can tell.

Deleted
    The performance on a particular card is primarily dependent on how well the card is clocked. This has more to do with the actual design of the card, more so than matching card and Mobo manufacturers.

In the case of EVGA, they officially support NVIDIA, but you can happily run any RADEON card on this board without any performance loss. The following quote is taken from the EVGA website and can be found here and typing crossfire support in the search field.

All of the P55 Series boards support Crossfire, however longer-length Crossfire bridges/cables may be necessary. These bridges/cables are not included with the motherboards, only SLI bridges are. Contact your graphics card manufacturer to see if any are available.