Thread: Rebuke

Rebuke

Hi,
    I just wanted to ask is it still usefull to macro rebuke in with other abilities for additional dps like:
    /cast crusader's strike
    /cast Rebuke

Obviously i dont use this on fights where i need to interupt like Maloriak but on other boss fights where theres nothing to interupt, whats the harm, right?

Well the original point of doing that was because rebuke was bugged and did damage. But they fixed that bug so there is no point in doing that.

I haven't played since the first week of cata so I may be wrong here, if so please correct me.

I believe they took out Rebuke as a talent which makes it no longer obtainable unless they made it a trainable skill. And if it still is available or my 2am readings are wrong you can't bind two things together that cause a GcD. I mean, you can use the macro but /cast CS takes priority 1 in the GcD table Rebuke will only cast if 1. It doesn't cause a GcD or 2. Crusader strike is on cool down making the algorithm go to priority 2 Rebuke

Quote Originally Posted by Banzubie View Post
    Well the original point of doing that was because rebuke was bugged and did damage. But they fixed that bug so there is no point in doing that.
    Oh rly? I thought it was used becouse it gived a new tick of the seal, is it still like that?

They fixed the Rebuke procing seal damage a bit ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Tartcart View Post
    I haven't played since the first week of cata so I may be wrong here, if so please correct me.

I believe they took out Rebuke as a talent which makes it no longer obtainable unless they made it a trainable skill. And if it still is available or my 2am readings are wrong you can't bind two things together that cause a GcD. I mean, you can use the macro but /cast CS takes priority 1 in the GcD table Rebuke will only cast if 1. It doesn't cause a GcD or 2. Crusader strike is on cool down making the algorithm go to priority 2 Rebuke
    the trainable rebuke is only on PTR and no rebuke is like a kick, it doesnt use a GDC

---------- Post added 2011-01-10 at 10:48 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fiddlesnarf View Post
    They fixed the Rebuke procing seal damage a bit ago.
    ok thanks ^^

The Lightbringer eternalwhitemoon's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    As other posters have said, Rebuke doesn't cause Seal damage anymore so there's no point in macroing it. Save it for when you actually need to interrupt something

The Rebuke change where it becomes baseline is not yet live. It's currently still a Ret talent.

Rebuke is still a talent off the GCD, from patch 4.0.6 (next patch) Rebuke will be for all paladins as a base ability. It's still going to be melee range, 10sec cd and basicly work as wind shear (shammy interrupt.)

Quote Originally Posted by Siron View Post
    the trainable rebuke is only on PTR and no rebuke is like a kick, it doesnt use a GDC
    Thank ya thank ya. Then the macro is pointless you'll wind up wasting the interrupt for when you'll need it. Better of just keeping it on a keybind where your fingers lay. For instance, I mainly play a rogue and my kick is on the v key.

Thank ya thank ya. Then the macro is pointless you'll wind up wasting the interrupt for when you'll need it. Better of just keeping it on a keybind where your fingers lay. For instance, I mainly play a rogue and my kick is on the v key.
    ye about keybinds:
    Even tho i play a piano, i dont use my thumb. so wouldnt be useful to keybind something lower than wasd. Is that bad and how to learn to use it?
    My friend tells me that its bad that i changed TAB keybind which was change target, dunno it wasnt rly usefull for me, now its a quick cleanse
    And im thinking to change A and D for something else to resist keyboardturning and they are rly near my fingers, should i?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Siron View Post
    ye about keybinds:
    Even tho i play a piano, i dont use my thumb. so wouldnt be useful to keybind something lower than wasd. Is that bad and how to learn to use it?
    My friend tells me that its bad that i changed TAB keybind which was change target, dunno it wasnt rly usefull for me, now its a quick cleanse
    And im thinking to change A and D for something else to resist keyboardturning and they are rly near my fingers, should i?
    Change A and D to strafe left and right. This frees up keybinds Q and E, which are the most comfortable and easily accessible keys for a normal hand. For me, E is my interrupt key across all chars (rebuke on paladin, kick on rogue, mindfreeze on dk, silence on priest, counterspell on mage, pummel on warrior, windshear on shaman etc)

There's no downside to doing this, because there are no situations in the game where you actually want/need to keyturn (and in case you need it for roleplaying or some other wierd stuff, you can always use the arrowkeys)

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm reminded of an excerpt from the best application to a guild I've ever seen.

For quick, rapid, turns in which I need to sprint immediately in the other direction, I use my mouse. This is used in avoiding AoE effects, getting somewhere quickly, or rotating my direction of my character to ensure that my back is not turned to anything and that I am facing the right direction to hit mobs while rapidly changing mobs while AoE tanking.
    For slow, gradual turns, used in kiting or the positioning of a mob, I use the A and D keys.
    For moving forwards and backwards consistently without needing to stop immediately, I use W and S to go forward or back, and Q and E for strafing left and right. If I want to start and stop repeatedly, I hold down both my mouse buttons and release them when I want to stop.

offtopic:Yeah I have my A,W,S,D used as default , I'm just that used to holding my mouse2 in battle, it's like second nature. Then again I dps , not heal....

/end offtopic

OT : Yeah , use a separate keybind for rebuke, I personally use Q.

Quote Originally Posted by Mew View Post
    because there are no situations in the game where you actually want/need to keyturn
    There are situations where you need to keyturn, it's when you momentarily pull your right hand off the mouse in order to eat/drink/smoke/pick your nose/whatever. I do it while i'm leveling my archaeology all the time.
    (not intending to sound like your entire argument is wrong, just pointing out a fun fact)

Feel free to PM me about any question you might have regarding LoL.
    Holy paladin