Thread: PuG Ret pallys.

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

PuG Ret pallys.

Hello, this is the first time I start a thread here on MMO-Champion.
    Today i got a full tank set so i could get some instant qs, did about 5-6 dungeons today and got 4 ret paladins. All thoose 4 did under 5k dps. One was full tank gear (333) with a green world drop. One cloth, leather healing/sp gear. And two fairly good geared which just straight out sucked. Not only do they do bad dps. They suck at ccing, they aoe the CC, they are often very limited in the English Language and most of them has names like Déstróyer, Líghtkníght, árthás etc etc.

So my question is: Is there anyone here that have pugged a good retri paladin. NOT GUILDED Retri paladins, pugs.

/iHeal

I've yet to encounter a ret paladin, not saying they're bad, just non-existent

10+ Year Old Account
    Retribution is incredibly broken atm. I've got about 50/50 333 and 346 gear, and pounding my CDs I still only barely break 6k, and that's with good buffs.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Good ret pallies don't exist. The spec is bottom tier and completely worthless.

People have never seen a good ret pally then.

I myself tank on my prot, but when time calls for me to dps, I can do 15-17 single target.

The problem is that ret dps is just terrible for aoe, like absolutely terrible. It is almost non existent. It takes WAY to long for a ret to get their abilities built up. Saying this, on boss fights where you can basically stay on the boss the entire time or are single targetting, their dps is pretty high. I would say its one of the highest I've seen. But for dungeons/trash useless.

I am a former Ret pally then went Prot because of a number of reasons. One of course being the "broken" mechanics of our DPS. Now not to turn this inot a post about wether or not Ret is broken or I just need to lrn2play, but I could max out at about 8 - 9K Dps on boss encounters. Not that bad, but considering my rogue with similar level gear can do 12K something smells a little fishy.

So yes ther are good Ret pallies, were all just prot/heals or have rerolled.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Retribution is incredibly broken atm. I've got about 50/50 333 and 346 gear, and pounding my CDs I still only barely break 6k, and that's with good buffs.
    Well, I have mostly the same as you do (more 346), and I have no problems getting up in 9k or so damage in general.

Sorry but no, pinnacle of Fail was met today:
    Guild went out to level alts trought some dungeons, we got the First retardin for
    ToT, so far nothing special, ok not a single interrupt and standing in EVERYTHING even the faceless ones groundslam...
    ok its was on normal difficulty but still...

In the end he was out DPSed by our Guilds Disc Priest (yes i am serious)

The second one ramped up the level of Fail so much, it will NEVER be topped!

LvL 80 Retribution Paladin
    Wearing:
    2 Tank trinkets
    ok, maybe bad luck, rolling as ret for levelling, whatever
    BOTH were TBC items, one for lvl 70, epic, the other one for lvl 61...

his WHOLE Gear was just TBC gear, ranging from hellfire pen. Quest rewards to Black temple epics...

Yet he went on to push the group (Guild group beside him) forward because he was about to go raid ICC...

yes, true story...

the third Ret i encountered a feew days back, he was strolling throught ORG, in his LvL 70 PvP Gear, trying to pay people to help him throught
    black temple (Toon was lvl 80)

now i am just curious, do you get special discount on paladins @ Ebay am?

They are the highest burst damage class in general. If you can kill a boss within 1 minute, they will be close if not the top, avenging wratch, inquisition, zealotry, ancient kings, = shit tons of dmg, just not very sustainable.

I play a ret pally and yes we are gimped right now but i plan on sticking it out. I don't really que for randoms anymore because they are so bad its maddening. I stick to guild runs, we grab 4 people and get insta que and hope the 5th guys doesnt suck. if he does, we boot and get a new one. Funny though, people seem surprised when they see me. I hear "wow a ret pally" or "yay! replenishment".

you are doing something wrong lol. My gear is ilvl 330 and i do 12-13k

Deleted
    im ussualy having problems finding tanks that can take my 23k nuke dps for about 40 sec on bosses... so frekking dam hard.... even with 2 HoS on me i still ussualy over aggro =/

OnT. i ussualy never go lfg because im allways getting shit tanks that cant take my dps threat. im ussualy peeking up to 40k tps wich is just sad because that blizzard removed the threat reduce from talents

Deleted
    Are you sure you're rolling your face over the keyboard in the correct way?

I've only grouped with one, and he was pretty bad. ~5-6k DPS when every one else was over 10k, and his gear wasn't that bad. He kept standing in stuff, and couldn't CC correctly. Just and overall bad player.

Not saying all Rets are bad, I've seen some great ones, but to answer the OPs question... no, I haven't grouped with a random and goot Ret.

Ehm what, i'm average ilvl 340 in my ret spec (unenchanted except weapon) and green gems, and im doing 11k on the dummy, over 10 minutes.

If you can barely break 6k then you are a very, very terrible player.
    Kiea from Solidarity EU, Tarren Mill.
    Stream (Thursday 21:00 | Sunday 19:45 | Monday 19:45).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Holyspartann View Post
    They are the highest burst damage class in general. If you can kill a boss within 1 minute, they will be close if not the top, avenging wratch, inquisition, zealotry, ancient kings, = shit tons of dmg, just not very sustainable.
    if you spent all your CDs at the same time you actually lose dps instead of increasing them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ghostcrawler's been allowed to nerf the piss out of ret paladins, beyond repair. Blizzard just decided that Ret Pallies shouldn't exist.

Most of them went holy or prot... if they're even still playing their Pally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Basmothel
    Lacking ammo, the forum troll darts into the realm of personal insults and doomsaying; the most primitive means of gaining attention from its peers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyadore View Post
    You know something, none of us ruined the game. We make it better. And so do most of you.

Ret is in a poor state right now. It will change in 4.0.6 whenver the hell that comes out.

Also, you are complaining about the linguinistics of others???? Hi pot, meet kettle.

---------- Post added 2011-01-10 at 04:25 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Holyspartann View Post
    People have never seen a good ret pally then.

I myself tank on my prot, but when time calls for me to dps, I can do 15-17 single target.

The problem is that ret dps is just terrible for aoe, like absolutely terrible. It is almost non existent. It takes WAY to long for a ret to get their abilities built up. Saying this, on boss fights where you can basically stay on the boss the entire time or are single targetting, their dps is pretty high. I would say its one of the highest I've seen. But for dungeons/trash useless.
    I'm calling bullshit. Link me your armory and let me see you in full 359+ gear that lets you do 17k single target... 9-10k is about right, but 17 is wayyy too high.

that or you had the most amazing string of procs ever and even then...
    Last edited by Dambala; 2011-01-10 at 10:28 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dambala View Post
    Ret is in a poor state right now. It will change in 4.0.6 whenver the hell that comes out.

Also, you are complaining about the linguinistics of others???? Hi pot, meet kettle.

---------- Post added 2011-01-10 at 04:25 PM ----------

I'm calling bullshit. Link me your armory and let me see you in full 359+ gear that lets you do 17k single target... 9-10k is about right, but 17 is wayyy too high.

that or you had the most amazing string of procs ever and even then...
    if yer only 17k with full 359 ye fail at ret

I've only messed around in dungeons on my paladin as ret a few times, mostly been tanking. My ret gear still has a bunch of greens in it, but I still managed to pull about 10-11k dps on bosses by chaining my cd's.