Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lizon View Post
    Go watch Katanagatari, it was by far the best anime from 2010 and is a good breath of fresh air compared to what usually gets shown out there.
    I totally agree. Katanagatari was exceptional. I've been so disappointed with anime lately. Everything seems so niche and often caters to the lowest of interests. And everybody is ripping off whatever had good disc sales from previous years, so you get this never ending chain of clones that keep getting weaker and weaker every generation. I really miss inspired stories but Katanagatari was truly great and so refreshing.

I'm going to have to give the Lovecraft one a shot. Might try Fractal and IS. Level E looks... different. That might be good or it might be bad, but I'll try it.

Everything else looks hopelessly bad to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Duskmourne View Post
    I totally agree. Katanagatari was exceptional. I've been so disappointed with anime lately. Everything seems so niche and often caters to the lowest of interests. And everybody is ripping off whatever had good disc sales from previous years, so you get this never ending chain of clones that keep getting weaker and weaker every generation. I really miss inspired stories but Katanagatari was truly great and so refreshing.

I'm going to have to give the Lovecraft one a shot. Might try Fractal and IS. Level E looks... different. That might be good or it might be bad, but I'll try it.

Everything else looks hopelessly bad to me.
    Try Gosick, it's really quite good IMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ugh, no Code Geass: Gaiden this year

10+ Year Old Account
    I try to avoid anime, Most of the ones I like get discontinued after 10-16 episodes. I will miss you gravitation and Oran Highschool host club . Kind wish they would have continued loveless...though I felt like a pedophile supporter watching it some times...

Quote Originally Posted by natrii View Post
    I try to avoid anime, Most of the ones I like get discontinued after 10-16 episodes. I will miss you gravitation and Oran Highschool host club . Kind wish they would have continued loveless...though I felt like a pedophile supporter watching it some times...
    Well you have ot understand that in Japan the anime's are used to promote the Manga's. Which is why you only get 12-14 episode seasons.

Samurai Champloo yoyoyoyo! best anime (imo) period, everything is right with that anime, the music, the voice actors, the characters, will forever be my fav anime show.

Edit: I also watched the first episode of freezing yesterday, it was kinda odd, (as i havent read the manga) i started very brutal, and ended very odd for a first episode just a lot of loose ends, i hope it gets explained the next episode
    Oh hi

Yeah Freezing was strange. I enjoyed the opening though it had good uppity beat to it. Gosick was interesting can't wait to see where it leads either.

Well Fractal just hit, and all I can say is.......WOW.

It's like a Studio Ghibli movie, it looks very interesting. I'm still waiting on Haijyoru! Nayaru-anti: Remember My Me. Lovecraft to hit so I can make my top 5 list for this winter season.

You actually watched the 360P version? I'm still waiting for UTW with 720p.

I use to watch Bleach and Inuyasha but now i just hate the shit out of them

Full Metal Alchemist and Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood are the only 'anime' shows i can watch anymore
    Hi Sephurik

10+ Year Old Account
    when does the bleach movie hit?
    they did a teaser episode in the filler over the holidays...or..maybe it was a while back.
    it looked alright...
    Quote Originally Posted by jealouspirate View Post
    Democracywing.
    Quick, defeat him! He's evil!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamato View Post
    If you want a Racial Mount, Get a black tiger. Why a Black Tiger? Because it's A Black Tiger. That Racial enough for you?

I'm glad I can say I've only ever heard of or seen Bleach from on there.

I have watched a god few anime in my days, though.

Hmm nothing really popped out on that list for me. I don't follow anime all that much (and I hope it's not too off topic for me to ask) but does anyone know if there's going to be more episodes of 07 Ghost shown? I've got 1-26 with English subs, but I want to watch more of the series!

Quote Originally Posted by Snuph View Post
    when does the bleach movie hit?
    they did a teaser episode in the filler over the holidays...or..maybe it was a while back.
    it looked alright...
    The movie hit theaters in late December, but it comes out on Blueray (allowing for subbing) on Jan. 28th I believe. Expect it to come out sometime in Feb. though given the amount of time it takes to sub a movie with quality.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilmaniac View Post
    The movie hit theaters in late December, but it comes out on Blueray (allowing for subbing) on Jan. 28th I believe. Expect it to come out sometime in Feb. though given the amount of time it takes to sub a movie with quality.
    thank you <3 ive looked around and i couldnt find a release date
    Quote Originally Posted by jealouspirate View Post
    Democracywing.
    Quick, defeat him! He's evil!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamato View Post
    If you want a Racial Mount, Get a black tiger. Why a Black Tiger? Because it's A Black Tiger. That Racial enough for you?

You actually watched the 360P version? I'm still waiting for UTW with 720p.
    I'm not picky about resolutions. It's animated anyways. It's plenty viewable in 360p.

10+ Year Old Account
    :O which movie are we talkin of here, cause Bleach movies usually take like a year to come out on DVD, I know we had to wait about a year for Bleach: Sayonara Rukia (what a waste of time that was...) so I'd be psyched if I only had to wait a month for this one, as it looks considerably better
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    :O which movie are we talkin of here, cause Bleach movies usually take like a year to come out on DVD, I know we had to wait about a year for Bleach: Sayonara Rukia (what a waste of time that was...) so I'd be psyched if I only had to wait a month for this one, as it looks considerably better

Well all of the new season anime's have hit and I'm pretty pleased with what's out. Here's my top 5.

1. Fractale

The story takes place in an island, where a "Fractal System" is beginning to collapse. One day, Crane fins an injured girl names Phryne under a cliff. She disappears leaving a pendant. Crane sets out for a journey with the girl shaped avatar Nessa to look for Phryne and discovers the secret of the Fractale System.

This anime looks like a Studio Ghibli movie and plays out as one too. It's simple story about trying to find Phryne fits well into the fantastical world of the Fractal System, which is a cross between the Matrix and Dreaming. This is my favorite of the new season.

2. GOSICK

GOSICK takes place in 1924 in a small, made-up-Euroean country of Sauvilla. The story centers on Kazuya Kujo, the third son of a Japanese Imperial soldier, who is a transfer student to St. Marguerite Academy, where urban legends and horror stories are all the rage. There he meets Victorique, a mysterious yet beautiful and brilliant girl who never comes to class and spends her days reading the entire content of the library or solving mysteries that even detectives can't solve.

I originally wasn't going to watch this anime cause I'm not exactly a fan of the occult genre. But now I'm glad that I did watch it because it is just so amazing. The Occult theme fits in so well with the time period, and when Victorigue puts her pipe into her mouth I can't help but get that warm and fuzzy feeling. I'm still waiting on some bubbles to come out of her pipe. ^.^;

3. Yumekui Merry

Ten years ago Fujiwara notices he had a power to see multicolored auras surrounding the person's body. Ever since then he's been having a weird dream about a war with cats. Then one day a mysterious girl falls on top of him...

This year seems to be the year of the "Other World", as every anime seems to have some form of this theme in their plots. The whole dream world is really interesting, not to mention that Fujiwara is being chase by an army of cats. The whole thing is entertaining from end to end, I can't way to see this anime to the end.

4. Mahou Shojo Madoka Magica

Beloved family, good friend, laughs and cries. Just an ordinary life that Kaname Madoka, a second grade student of Mitakihara City Middle School, has lived on. One day, a mysterious encounter has come to her. Was that encounter a chance, or inevitable? She still don't know. An encounter that cause her fate to change, that is a beginning of new magical girl story.

This anime reminds me of the classic Card Captor Sakura, the difference is while CCS had a much more girly and upbeat tone for most of it's duration, Madoka Magica has a much darker undertone to it that I find very appealing. This of course doesn't take into account the wonderful art-style of the magical world that is really out of this world.

5. IS: Infinite Stratos / Dragon Crisis! (TIE)

IS: Infinite Stratos

Japan engineered an armed powered exoskeleton "Infinite Stratos" (IS) and it became the mainstream of weapons. Since only women can operate IS, women dominate the society over man. Orimura Ichika is a 15 year old boy and accidentally touches an IS places in the IS pilot training school. He is found to be the only man who can operate IS and is forces to enter the training school. Ichika's busy school life surrounded by girls begins.

Dragon Crisis!

A normal high school boy Kisaregi Tyuji's peaceful life is turned into an adventure by the return of his second cousin Eriko. Ryuji and Eriko seize a relic box from a black broker. In the box, they find a ref dragon girl Rose. In order to protect Rose from the black organization, Ryuji decides to fight using his power as a relic handler.

I had a hard time deciding between these 2. IS is like your classic mecha anime but with a slight harem twist. It tones down the harem part by limiting the fanservice and playing up the battle elements. It's very entertaining to say the least. Plus I still want to know what the battle in the first episode was all about.

Dragon Crisis had prob the most Moe character this season thus far in Rose. She is just adorable. It's only real fault is the lack of storytelling in the first episode, which I'm hoping is alleviated in subsequent episodes. at any rate I want to know more about the relics an dragons in this show so I'm staying tuned!

What else am I watching?

Well in no particular order...

Rio - Rainbow Gate
    Wolverine
    Freezing
    Onii-chan no Koto nanka Zenzen Suki Jabain Dakara ne!!
    Kore wa Zombie desu ka?

Plus Bleach and Bakuman. ^.^

If Helsing Ultimate OVA 8 doesn't come out this year i will cry =(