Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    There are resto and enhas in arenas atm(please don't talk of WoTLK it's not WoTLK anymore).
    Elemental right now just needs a melee on them...problem solved.
    <Arucad> @ Darksorrow EU

we have ranged interrupt because we cannot charge in the enemies face in the blink of an eye to interrupt in melee, got that?
    we have purge, because we have no stun, mortal strike or silence, got that?
    we have tremor totem (which we all know, is the last un-nerfed totem up till now), because others have seal of freedom, ice block, bubble etc.

srsly complaining about the op'ness of purge... might as well complain about druids being immune to poly and being able to negate snare/root as often as they want, palas making immune to snare/root effects ( which is now harder to dispell ofc ), procs not happening against shielded targets and so on. oh and what about op demo locks' transformation? they essentaly become gods.

we all know there is a decent ammount of "op'ness" going on across the whole class-board, and i never complained about other classes good things, so i think it's one underhanded thing (from blizz) and to say we nerfs were needed (from non shaman players who think only on the "at least it wa snot me" road )to take all good things we have and shove it up our shaman-bums, while others go on w/o notice. shamans are used to having lower health than others, suffering from globbaling more than others were. now that we are on par with others in hp and actually being competitive (esp for enh a first), we get kicked down again.
    Last edited by Omanley; 2011-01-12 at 07:20 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

resto:
    -frost shock>earthbind>pillar hump=win
    -our dispells heal, not as op as it was. But still awsome sauce (its fun to lol at affliction locks)
    -we have a 16k shield every 20sec, this should go down....every 20sec
    -purge(which got nerfed, but probally needed it)
    -huge thing to all this is a ranged interupt off gcd with only a 6sec cooldown. if you are not using this every time its up when there is another healer on the team then you are doing something wrong. (just because it was brought up) if you are getting interuped by a holy pally of all things...u are doing something wrong. More or less you should take on the idea in pvp of "this is my bubble, no one gets in my bubble". and if the get in ur bubble: frost shock,earthbind, ghost wolf away.
    -hex, which is great for the finishing off someone while the healer is a froggy
    -loosing our hero/BL sucks, but such is life
    -we have grounding totem, another if ur not using this then ur doing something wrong spell
    -our spells are weaker, guess we just have to compensate for that

enhance:
    -hasnt been in such a good place sense early bc...stop the qq and just be happy your viable again.

ele:
    eeewww and good luck

Quote Originally Posted by rdaccord View Post
    resto:
    -our dispells heal, not as op as it was. But still awsome sauce (its fun to lol at affliction locks)
    -huge thing to all this is a ranged interupt off gcd with only a 6sec cooldown. if you are not using this every time its up when there is another healer on the team then you are doing something wrong. (just because it was brought up) if you are getting interuped by a holy pally of all things...u are doing something wrong. More or less you should take on the idea in pvp of "this is my bubble, no one gets in my bubble". and if the get in ur bubble: frost shock,earthbind, ghost wolf away.
    -we have grounding totem, another if ur not using this then ur doing something wrong spell

enhance:
    -hasnt been in such a good place sense early bc...stop the qq and just be happy your viable again.

ele:
    eeewww and good luck
    You act like kiting is So easy?

If your playing 2.4-2.6k MMR Melee Cleaves/Kitty Cleaves Its IMPOSSIBLE TO KITE. They put their movement slowing effects on you and you have major healing to do and you dont ever have a chance to get away. And Running and LOSing yourself as a shaman from a fight is our weakness, we do not have the ability to pick someone up as well as other healers.

maybe i should have included the kitty breakdown in that....yes they are rediculas to get rid off. and i would consider them an excemption to that lol kiting rule. And in the cenaro you presented you are correct, I was talking about a cenaro of healer /dps/dps and the dps coming after you and that all you have to do is stay alive and focus on yourself.

maybe i should have included the kitty breakdown in that....yes they are rediculas to get rid off. and i would consider them an excemption to that lol kiting rule. And in the cenaro you presented you are correct, I was talking about a cenaro of healer /dps/dps and the dps coming after you and that all you have to do is stay alive and focus on yourself.
    i can't take you seriously with your OP spelling

Yea I do See what your saying rdaccord. But no way is our ghost wolf compared to a Freedom/Travel Form/Or Discs new Ability. In a perfect world or in 2v2 yea we can kite like that but I can tell you from experience and from what I see from changes the only thing we have to make us Viable is WindShear...and we must stay close to use it, other than that were worthless.

Deleted
    weak heals in wotlk? Why were the top 10 healers mostly sham? Our heals aren't bad.

Deleted
    resto:

enhance:

ele:
    eeewww and good luck
    frost shock.. dispell blessing of freedom or just dont bother cuz id dont last long anyways
    earthbind.. 1hit with anything dead.. no root so warrs still are more the happy to charge u away
    pillar hump.. other classes are much better at it, we have what riptide for it?
    affliction locks lol at us when we dispell UA...
    16k shield every 20sec is nice, especially now that tremore totem dont have to be up all the time
    purge and "best interrupt in game" as well as hex... kinda need +hit and spell pen... which would lower our healing even more
    just have cross fingers and hope it dont miss or get resisted
    the only reason BL was removed is Time Warp on already OP mages... guess thous OP ferals and warrs were complaining too much
    dont really mind about its removal...
    grounding totem is nice... always was and is going to get nerfd like all other shaman utils (just beeing sarcastic, think i wont jinx it)
    how do you wanna compensate for our weaker spells? Ohh right by going ENH.
    ur secondary healing tree doesnt make any sense to me, think u just made it for lols

how do you wanna compensate for our weaker spells? Ohh right by going ENH
    lolz shhhh dont tell anyone

ur secondary healing tree doesnt make any sense to me, think u just made it for lols
    yea that was just something i was tinkering with before i change it back to the cookie cutter pvp resto spec.

i can't take you seriously with your OP spelling
    droid non-auto correct owns me everytime lol

Quote Originally Posted by Tenkachii View Post
    weak heals in wotlk? Why were the top 10 healers mostly sham? Our heals aren't bad.
    Uhm...PvE? Yea Agreed, We were strongest Raid healers because of AOE Heals. We are not single target healers and that is what hurts us.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is so much misinformation on both sides of the argument, I don't know where to begin.

For the shaman complaining about how much we have to juggle in PvP as resto: you can't just attribute other classes' healing to "pillar hump and win". Druids have to be actively CCing. Priests have to be actively dispelling offensively and mana burning. Paladins really have the least to do offensively, but will have to worry about trying to interrupt IN MELEE after the patch.

However, I saw one comment that said, "How does it feel to be balanced?" I can't answer that question, to be honest. I didn't play a priest in Vanilla, a resto druid in TBC, or a paladin in WotLK.
    Last edited by Tehfred; 2011-01-12 at 09:08 PM.
    http://fredplz.wordpress.com/ - Thoughts of an obsessive Resto Shaman

15+ Year Old Account
    i didn't read what the OP put, looked like a bunch of QQ kind of, may not be.

i've been playing a shaman for a long time and forum going for a long time.

you have two central complaints with shamans:
    1: their performance is gimped and they don't have the proper tools
    2: shamans are the most bland and boring class, next to rogues and never receive creative, fun changes

now, personally, i believe elemental is broken in PVP. they took away astral shift, there's no real instant escape for elemental. every other caster which is super strong has an instant, legit escape maneuver. there's no real way to deal damage to one target if they're on you, while affliction can cleave two targets with someone on them. if the other casters need them, what makes them think Elemental doesn't?? this is what's mind-boggling about Blizzard's design philosophy. half the melee in the game pretty much bypass all armor somehow.

other than that, i agree, resto needs and has always needed a defensive cooldown. now we can heal pretty well with our dispel, but not everything puts up magical debuffs.

i'm in the #2 boat.
    the other classes are so dynamic and have way cooler crap that all seems to synergize well. look at shamans. they've pretty much been using the same spells since vanilla.
    stormstrike? oh, cool. a number of totems have been removed, a number of buffs homogenized. oh, cool, lavaburst, a spell shamans should've had since release but got removed in alpha. oh, cool, earthquake, a spell we begged for when AOE changes were going out, instead we got nova and magma buffs, now earthquake is almost useless.
    oh look, unleash elements, pretty sure a guy named Nert came up with this idea years ago on Shaman general forums. cool, healing rain, some dumb crap that doesn't get much use in PVP. thuderstorm? no one has ever liked that spell. what's hilarious is how they try to slap arty fartsy animations on everything to make people go "oooh" even though what they're giving us is just more bland, uncreative bull.

you can tell a class is dynamic by the average length of the tooltips. here's shaman tooltips: this button heals. this button slows them. this button interrupts. everything does one, single, simple thing and is barely modified, at an interactive standpoint, by talents. fire mages just got a talent that changes how they play their class: scorch while moving, this is just one example. shamans get talents like: increased range, CD lowered by 1 second, more damage, take less damage, generic increase of number, increase potency of this.

TL;DR shamans haven't received anything dynamic since Ghost Wolves because they've been a virtual prototype, under a constant state of construction since the game came out, almost like Paladins, except Shamans were never catered to like Paladins were (aka being blatantly OP for all those years.)
    Last edited by msdos; 2011-01-13 at 12:39 AM.

Never knew that but yea, Its seems like the more popular classes are the classes that get the buffs/the cool spells/ and always are good.

Paladins/Mages/Warriors.

---------- Post added 2011-01-13 at 06:49 PM ----------

bump it up