PVP-Assass Rogue Mastery vs Haste

haste gives energy regen
    mastery gives more poison dmg
    reforge crit or expertise in haste or in mastery?

10+ Year Old Account
    Still fooling around with this and not quite sure, havnt got any theorycrafting on it either.

I say mastery, since it's value is greatly inflated by the free spell hit cap you're given (instead of having to reforge everything to the spell hit cap like in PvE). But only if you plan on playing mutilate exclusively. If you ever play ShD then haste is the way to go, if only to save you tons of money on reforging, since mastery is pretty terrible for sub.

Deleted
    I tried going full mastery for assass, dmg is nice, problem is you have to crit to do DMG. I mean sure you could crit for 20-26k and maybe more in arena with Envenom, but when you reforge you lose your crit in order to get more mastery. When this happens you crit almost never. If you reforge to haste ( haste is better for Sub ) you will have enough energy but for what really? If you play with a healer you could go for haste but only if he dispells you all the time. If you play with another DD don't go haste for muti because you will get kited all the time, even CoS doesn't help, almost every cpmbo will be able to kite you and slow you, and while you are slowed or frosted or walking at 30% speed you energy regenerates so you won't have energy problems.
    Yes you could go for muti + haste but this means trying to nuke someone, which is almost impossible in arena with a healer and you will be able to try and nuke once every X minutes because of cooldowns.
    This leaves you with mastery, but try to get some crit too and it's also important what combo you are playing.
    Hope this helps.

I wouldn't really go for crit. Mastery is better all around, but crit does have higher potential in an arena setting. You'll still have a little bit on your gear from weapons / chest, and of course from agility, and that should be enough.

http://www.arenajunkies.com/showthread.php?t=227992

Same discussion on EJ

Mastery yields the most damage as mutilate.

Anyways bigger numbers > more numbers <3

Deleted
    I wouldn't really go for crit. Mastery is better all around, but crit does have higher potential in an arena setting. You'll still have a little bit on your gear from weapons / chest, and of course from agility, and that should be enough.
    You are 100% right, that is the my opinion too, but I just never seem to crit in arena with my 14% when I am muti specced and my DMG is just not high enough. Every healer can outheal our 9k envenoms and the time to push the nuke trinket + Vendetta + .. just never comes. I mean the right time would be when the dude is at 30% or less, stun, trinkets + ... and kick to his death, but when it takes about 5 minutes of running after him to just never get him under 90% whats the point?
    1-2 Envenom crits + auto attacks + rupture + poisons should do enough pressure to kick him down to 30%. Hope you understand why I meant crit.