Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Pterodactyl Fossil Flying Mount!

We all have come to hate grinding our Archaeology for those epic pieces we want from lets say Night Elf, Troll, or Dwarf... But always come across the inevitable wall of fossil dig sites , and after the pet and the land mount making us feel like we are completely wasting our time. What if there was a Zin'Rokh drop rate on a Pterodactyl Fossil Flying Mount?! Wouldn't that make life just a little bit more bearable? Blizzard you know you want to, for us that have banked 102hrs last week just on archaeology, the lil folk who just said one more dig I know it'll pop!
    From the mountains....

gave up on archaeology long time ago, a flying mount looking like that would be cool, but still not gonna waste my whole gametime on it (as i dont have much gametime)

Deleted
    I really like this idea, could be like a skeletal wyvern/gryphon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sneakerplay View Post
    DK mount wannabe i guess.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spellpl View Post
    DK mount wannabe i guess.
    Ah yea Sh* forgot about that :/ Barely see them on my server

10+ Year Old Account
    The only problem I have with this is that I can see it just being the Ebon Hold Death Knight flying mount.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sneakerplay View Post
    ^There already is, the hideous DK mount. A bone pterodactyl, like those in Un'goro would be sweet.

It was excited when I got the Fossilized Raptor, but now I don't use it. I think it is so, so, so boring to look at! Any rare drop ground mount looks better - or that's how I feel. I'm afraid a new boney mount will look bad again. The Death Knight gryphon looks dead. I know it's supposed to, but it doesn't say "uh, badass!" in anyway. Neither did the Fossilized Raptor. The Frostwyrms look great though.

Make it armoured and it might look badass, hopefully in a proto-drake way. Armored mounts just look more savage! It really has to be good-looking if it wants to compete with the Stone and Wind Drakes. Well done with those.

And of course. No matter how it looks I will try to get it. Gotta catch 'em all - and I can use my increasing pile of useless fossil fragments.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AliG View Post
    ^There already is, the hideous DK mount. A bone pterodactyl, like those in Un'goro would be sweet.
    I like the idea alot.
    What I would look forward to, as Tarzan said above, would be if they gave the fossilized mounts a little armour. It just looks alot better.

My vote is for a skeletal protodrake, with small adjustements of course. Like removing the "hands" from underneath it's body, and making some claw like things between the wing-root and the outer parts of the wings. And redesigning the head to look more dinosaur-like.
    - 85 - 85 - 85 - 85 - 85- 73 - 73 - 64 - 48 - 47 -

I like the idea, a skelly pterodactyl using the same model as the ones in Un'Goro would be awesome. A skelly bat could be pretty cool too, but I'd go with a pterodactyl too, given the choice.
    uǝʞoɹq sı ɹǝʇndɯoɔ ʎɯ ʞuıɥʇ ı

I could have sworn there was a skeletal proto drake in the game files that wasn't attached to anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Undead Flying gnome mage.

Ideas for archy mounts and pets here goes

1. Mini nerubian pet
    2. Genie in a lamp pet (Tolvir) grants 3 wishes similar to mr pinchy
    3. Flying Cloud similar to that tv show monkey mount (Tolvir)
    4. Broken escape Pod mount (dranaei)

Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    2. Genie in a lamp pet (Tolvir) grants 3 wishes similar to mr pinchy
    )
    ooh fun! would love to see this one. My first wish would be for Zin'Rokh

I'm totally on board with the Pterodactyl mount idea, something I'd actually use!

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Longview View Post
    I'd really like a skeleton proto drake!
    Seconded. The moment I saw it as vendor shit, I wanted to ride it home.

I had this exact thought yesterday. Fossilized Pterordaxx, totally appropriate for arch.

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    I could have sworn there was a skeletal proto drake in the game files that wasn't attached to anything.
    I can remember a skeletal proto drake model too, not sure if it was anymore information on it tho

Quote Originally Posted by Grangel View Post
    We all have come to hate grinding our Archaeology for those epic pieces we want from lets say Night Elf, Troll, or Dwarf... But always come across the inevitable wall of fossil dig sites , and after the pet and the land mount making us feel like we are completely wasting our time. What if there was a Zin'Rokh drop rate on a Pterodactyl Fossil Flying Mount?! Wouldn't that make life just a little bit more bearable? Blizzard you know you want to, for us that have banked 102hrs last week just on archaeology, the lil folk who just said one more dig I know it'll pop!
    That would be neat. But I am not levelling archaeology at all really because its too tedious. Who cares about jinrok, the only item we see from magmaw is a 2h mace.