Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxaurelius View Post
    Pandaren/alliance

Lich or Vampire/horde (the vampire comes from 1) we have werewolve (worgen), why not their counterpart? 2) able to take bat form and fly like druids turning into crows (and yes, i said crows cause thats what they look like!) Also, have seen alot of ppl interested in bat mounts...
    As much as I enjoy seeing Pandarens as a race it's not going to happen for quite sometime. Again, Blizzard does a pattern for their expansions, two new races, one new heroic class, two new races, one heroic class. It wouldn't be a smart move on Blizzards side to introduce one new race and one faction side heroic class. I couldn't even begin to explain all the issues that would cause. It would be beyond unbalanced.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is no way they are making a class without it beaing capable of being a healer and/or tank. I don't see how a demon hunter can be either one of those things as they are more or less a mash up of the rogue/warlock(without pets) classes.

With the exception of a Demon Hunter having a druid like shapeshift form of a tanking demon (think pit lord or something). But this just sounds odd.

Also the new class almost certainly will be wearing leather or mail as both levels of armor only have two class drawing from them. While cloth and plate have three classes each.
    Last edited by Fahrenheit; 2011-01-11 at 04:35 PM.

Pandaren/alliance

Lich or Vampire/horde (the vampire comes from 1) we have werewolve (worgen), why not their counterpart? 2) able to take bat form and fly like druids turning into crows (and yes, i said crows cause thats what they look like!) Also, have seen alot of ppl interested in bat mounts...
    You're talking about races not classes. Also, vampire would be soooooooooooo bad for the game, way too many bad jokes. Troll flight form can still be adjusted to be the bat form they had in the beta files. IF they add more races to each side its been stated NO Pandaren.

Herald of the Titans Avatar Killer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Korzair View Post
    As much as I enjoy seeing Pandarens as a race it's not going to happen for quite sometime. Again, Blizzard does a pattern for their expansions, two new races, one new heroic class, two new races, one heroic class. It wouldn't be a smart move on Blizzards side to introduce one new race and one faction side heroic class. I couldn't even begin to explain all the issues that would cause. It would be beyond unbalanced.
    the likely hood they will add a "faction only heroic class" is not only close to a 0% chance but would only make people angry. adding a new heroic class to BOTH factions would be very likely though

---------- Post added 2011-01-11 at 10:34 AM ----------

It's going to be Demon Hunters, no doubt about that. Not to mention Metzen loves his Illidain, second to Thrall.
    no doubt? so you think they will do the exact same thing to the next WOW expansion as they are currently in the works of doing with Diablo III?
    Gearscore is like a bikini. It shows you what you already know and doesn't show what REALLY matters.
    New Expansion preview HERE

Deleted
    I just don't see how Demon Hunters fit in with the current class lineup. Yes its a cool class, and I would like to see it, but there are so many other classes I'd rather see first. I still think the next hero class will be a healer.

Quote Originally Posted by Avatar Killer View Post
    the likely hood they will add a "faction only heroic class" is not only close to a 0% chance but would only make people angry. adding a new heroic class to BOTH factions would be very likely though

---------- Post added 2011-01-11 at 10:34 AM ----------

no doubt? so you think they will do the exact same thing to the next WOW expansion as they are currently in the works of doing with Diablo III?
    Correct. You can't tell me that a quest that is hidden in Dark Shore, only to be found by having the chance of falling into a Whirlpool. Attacking a Demon Hunter who happens to drop a pick-up quest that says, "These etched writings reveal certain secrets on the path to becoming a Demon Hunter." Isn't the biggest hint as to what may be the next heroic class? Yeah. Keep believing it won't be.

But I agree with you though, I would much rather see a healing heroic class then another DPS Heroic Class. Then again Demon Hunters could prehapes have a talent tree that is similar to Shadow Priest in which it heals players by attaking? Similar to Shadowform. Granted I'm not saying I want it to be Demon Hunters. I'm simply taking whats in game already and coming up with the most "grounded" hypothesis as to what maybe the next Heroic Class. Some of these threads are just too absurd and as of right now hold no foundation in the WoW universe, if not nothing as much as Demon Hunters do with this new quest.
    Last edited by Korzair; 2011-01-11 at 04:40 PM.

Why would you ever want to play a bard?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bags View Post
    It's always been my favourite D&D / generic fantasy class. As a concept I love them but they are always terribly implemented

@Rapscallion84

Let me ask you this. Would you rather have Demon Hunters or something that almost has no existence in the WoW Universe like the "Machineist" in the other thread? Also, I don't want to rain down on your parade on this topic but Blizzard has done something that most other RPGs and MMO's haven't done. Getting people who have never played an RPG/D&D and playing it.

You need to think logically and more so, think how Blizzard is thinking. What would make the most money? A blind two-handed class who go down a road even some Warlocks wouldn't want to go. A class that is hated by everyone (just like Death Knights), one that's bad ass in it's own right, has a history with lore related characters, more so Illidian or a class that... I've only ever seen being used in LotRO and only a selected few even in the hardcore D&D groups would ever think of using?

Melee: Rogue, Warrior, Paladin, Death Knight, Druid, Shaman
    Ranged dps: Mage, Warlock, Priest, Druid, Hunter, Shaman
    Tank: Warrior, Paladin, Death Knight, Druid
    Healers: Paladin, Priest, Druid, Shaman

Need a class that can fill Tank and Healer roles, but maybe also that of Ranged dps? And have them wear leather

Quote Originally Posted by Raydin View Post
    Melee: Rogue, Warrior, Paladin, Death Knight, Druid, Shaman
    Ranged dps: Mage, Warlock, Priest, Druid, Hunter, Shaman
    Tank: Warrior, Paladin, Death Knight, Druid
    Healers: Paladin, Priest, Druid, Shaman

Need a class that can fill Tank and Healer roles, but maybe also that of Ranged dps? And have them wear leather
    so a druid....got it...

10+ Year Old Account
    ..This is new and exciting?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rampantsoto View Post
    Once Vin Diesel is an adult I will feed him more than just crickets

so a druid....got it...
    There are 4 unique classes in the game that have only one role, Hunter, Rogue, Warlock and Mage.
    So yes, everything else is going to be a match with something else.

Deleted
    @Rapscallion84

Let me ask you this. Would you rather have Demon Hunters or something that almost has no existence in the WoW Universe like the "Machineist" in the other thread? Also, I don't want to rain down on your parade on this topic but Blizzard has done something that most other RPGs and MMO's haven't done. Getting people who have never played an RPG/D&D and playing it.

You need to think logically and more so, think how Blizzard is thinking. What would make the most money? A blind two-handed class who go down a road even some Warlocks wouldn't want to go. A class that is hated by everyone (just like Death Knights), one that's bad ass in it's own right, has a history with lore related characters, more so Illidian or a class that... I've only ever seen being used in LotRO and only a selected few even in the hardcore D&D groups would ever think of using?
    I do understand your point but people were hardly pumped when Draenei were announced as a new race (and their lore retconned, then left to die after TBC). Brewmaster has existing lore and fills a necessary role, and may introduce new combat mechanics. I DO like Demon Hunters, they seem like a likely addition to the game....however I just wouldn't be as excited to play one, because they are just too similar to existing classes.

How about an illusionist class?

Uses arcane magics to mystify and confuse foes. Some of it's main abilities including but definitely not limited to:
    -Disguising itself as another race. i.e horde as an alliance or vice versa
    -"Enchanting" the enemy into becoming an ally
    -Using illusions to directly damage enemies by planting such vivid thoughts in their minds that they actually believe the thought is real? i.e. being eaten alive by locusts, their flesh burning, etc.

Yummy.

Not to go all doomsday on your idea but, Blizzard tends to implement the more "serious-lore related classes," ergo a Brewmaster might be more fitting though I doubt it can even be made into a real class due to its clear relation to Alcohol. If we are to see another class it will mostly be amongst the ranks of either Demon Hunter or maybe Warden.

edit: Oh yeah, just as an example of Blizzard's hate policy towards alcohol, I had to rename my dwarf hunter named Drunkbeard... I LOVED THAT NAME! CURSES!
    Last edited by Dragonshardz; 2011-01-11 at 05:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bags View Post
    People often get the misconception that bards are nothing more than buff bitches. That's not what I'm looking for, and it's not how a lot of other games represent them.

Sure, bards bring buffs, just like any other class does. But they also kick ass and take names.

Quote Originally Posted by Raydin View Post
    There are 4 unique classes in the game that have only one role, Hunter, Rogue, Warlock and Mage.
    So yes, everything else is going to be a match with something else.
    So in this case, why not make a class that can ONLY heal and tank...no dps spec available?

It's possible, if the next xpac is Pandaria, and the neutral NPC's will be Pandarens who teach us to be Brewmasters.
    I'm sorry, but i just have to tell you that you are an ignorant, closed minded fool, and you need to chill out, think more, and quit being such a douche. Your responses are shrill, closed minded, and ignorant. You need to think outside the box sometimes, and realize its blizzards game and you are not ghostcrawler.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonshardz View Post
    Not to go all doomsday on your idea but, Blizzard tends to implement the more "serious-lore related classes,"
    Serious... like a gnome priest or a tauren paladin, right? Blizzard has absolutely no problem with lighthearted humor, and that's even if you interpret a bard/brewmaster as lighthearted. As far as I'm concerned, bards/brewmasters are just as serious as anything else: they're the empathetic backbone of the group, using music and spirits to bolster morale (and kick some ass) in a dark time.

I doubt it can even be made into a real class due to its clear relation to Alcohol.
    Oh, right. It's okay to have rogues using venomous poisons, warlocks summoning demons, and priests mindraping people using the power of darkness, but it's not okay to have a bard/brewmaster with a handful of "brew" abilities? Hell, if Blizzard really feels like being PC about it, they could just not even insinuate that the "brew" is alcohol. For all we know, it could be some really kickass tea.