Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bytch View Post
    http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/cataclysm/faq/

Here is what they said. If you cant click on link.

Is another Hero class being added to the game?
    We are not planning to add a new Hero class in World of Warcraft: Cataclysm. For this expansion, it was more appropriate to focus on the two new races, the goblins and worgen. We never intended to include a Hero class in every expansion. As you saw with death knights, adding a new class changes the dynamics of the game dramatically, which is not something we want to do in every expansion. We still have plans to introduce new Hero classes in the future
    Thanks for the response

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Avatar Killer View Post
    and since they HAVEN'T done it every expansion and there have been 3 with only one class IN those three the 4th wouldn't be every expansion. so its a fair bet to say they don't release a new class every expansion
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure that the next expansion will be the "class" expansion where one or more classes will be added.

This is actually not terrible. Thank god it's not a Demon Hunter, Arch Druid, Battle Mage, Death Paladin, Life Knight, or Mary Kay Rouge.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forfeit View Post
    This is actually not terrible. Thank god it's not a Demon Hunter, Arch Druid, Battle Mage, Death Paladin, Life Knight, or Mary Kay Rouge.
    I'm actually surprised how many positive responses this received. Hmm, maybe I should do some more.

Hey, I have a class idea. It's called a Skinner.

They skin the skin off enemies to beat them... oh I could just throw another profession in there too... how about blacksmithing. They can make their own armour too!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by maplesyrupgl View Post

They skin the skin off enemies to beat them... oh I could just throw another profession in there too... how about blacksmithing. They can make their own armour too!
    Hey I have a class idea - it's called an Enchanter. He can cast magical spells and buffs... oh wait. We got a Mage class. We need to cut it out of the game now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by maplesyrupgl View Post

There's a profession where I can build robots and fight in them? Where?

I see you have actually put some serious thought into this. I brand this one of very few good ideas I've seen for new classes. Not sure if tinkers have any place in lore history but this sounds like a really cool idea for a class.

It would fit well with the release of goblins too I think, so at least one race of each faction would have the appropriate lore for the class. (Gnome/Goblin)

I support this idea.

I also think it is a good idea for a class and for a LFG enhancement. Imagine if you could select an option in LFG to allow you to "allow mechs". Then when you zone in, there will be 5 vehicles for people to drive, filling in whatever role is required.

You could have 5 DPS in an instance, with one of them driving a healbot and one in a tankbot. The healbot and tankbot would have healing/tanking abilities. There would also be DPS bots for people who are into vehicles, or want to earn an achievement for piloting each type of vehicle. Vehicles would scale with the gear of the driver.

LFG queue times would be solved, and the people who like driving vehicles in game could enjoy a new gaming dynamic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Added some stuff to the original post. Thanks for the positive feedback.

Wanted a Tinker since Vanilla.
    Love this idea.

Deleted
    Awesome idea. Too bad you posted it, since Blizz can't adopt it now.

Seeing as goblins and gnomes would be the only race fit for a class like this, its nothing we will ever see.

Cmon really, a worgen being a "tinker" ?

While the idea of a Tinker class is great, I think the specs need to be less magic-oriented. I think most people relate Tinker to engineering and the likes, and the class should be based around something like that instead. Imo. Nice post though, very well-done

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaxi View Post
    Awesome idea. Too bad you posted it, since Blizz can't adopt it now.
    Is that true? Considering that I used Blizzard's lore and copyrighted material, I don't see how I could have any legal standing if I tried to collect any intellectual copyrights on this idea.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypnozis View Post
    It sounds like a decent idea...
    I just thought blizzard said that they made a mistake with the Hero Class and would not do it again?

I'm pretty sure another is coming next exp. I just hope it heals cuz we need more of that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellmakerr View Post
    While the idea of a Tinker class is great, I think the specs need to be less magic-oriented. I think most people relate Tinker to engineering and the likes, and the class should be based around something like that instead. Imo. Nice post though, very well-done
    Only one of the specs is magic-oriented. Outside of that spec, what abilities or attributes did you feel were magic-based?

I'd pay anything for this class to be put into the game.. I've always loved being 'the engineer' in every game I play, love setting up turrets, repairing mechanical units, using drones/bots to assist me.. If this class happened, I'd instantly switch to it without as much as thinking!

Only feedback I'd give is that instead of having a healer/support tree, make it support only, well.. part damage part support, with the help of building mechanical minions to assist you, like drones (I know, I know.. too spacey, but I bet Blizzard could create some not-so-advanced drone'ish models) and turrets!

Really nice idea, I'd love to see you improve on the idea, maybe by using War Tools to create the trees and finding even more concepts
    Signature.. Am I doing this right?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Forfeit View Post
    ... You do know Demon Hunter will be used sooner or later. I bet you

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    There's a profession where I can build robots and fight in them? Where?
    I agree, though wouldnt it be better for engineering to get something like this temporarily instead of a base class?

EDIT: maybe similar to metamorphasis for locks, but within reason, dont want it to be OP