Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Blizz please, gife our hp/5 back cuz i really have no use for some stupid manarecovery. I wanna hellfire without the help of a healer

Deleted
    Also aftermath as a tier 2 talent makes zero sense, the other specs are not going to use rain of fire for some tiny chance to stun.

Deleted
    Man I really hope this does not go life. This is a mindless nerf. Every dps class has been getting self heals in cata. And now they want to nerf the class build around that? We are suppose to use our health as resource, without needing healers to constantly watch us. This will change it. Healers don't have time nor mana to look after us anymore. This isn't wrath for peeps sake. No blizz just no!!!

Deleted
    I wonder, how will this affect Hellfiring? Was the health regen the thing that was stopping Demo locks from killing themselves every time AoE was called for?

Maybe I'm worrying too much, but it's the first thing I thought of when I heard this.

wtf this is a huge nerf for demonology,since hellfire and life tap wont be passively healed

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cursedfate View Post
    wtf this is a huge nerf for demonology,since hellfire and life tap wont be passively healed
    And its not the only nerf... 15% dps loss because of isf. All we get is a rather useless buff to inferno ( talent )

If you ask me its a nerf, i could always life tap from the pasive healing received. I would shun the change if they buffed demon armour to include the spell power from fel armour and change tooltip of Demonic Aegis to be 10-20% addictional healing from spells and effects. passive healing was abit stupid but relying on onl chaosbolt and soulfire for healing with its FUCK ALL USE IN PVP. I mean who here stops and casts soulfire in pvp? you use soulburn otherwise ur asking for a interupt.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm definitely upset with the proposed changes. ISF was great how it was, we basically had a mini-lust at all times. Now we're just gonna get a little more shadow/fire damage. Mehhh. Sure the 6 second cooldown beats the 15 second cooldown, but the ISF Buff just seems so lackluster now.

Fel Armor change really grinds my gears. It just takes away from the feel of the class. More mana? Durp. Senseless nerf is senseless. Demon Armor looks much sexier in pvp after this.
    Lained - 60 Shaman | Lainedtv - 60 Druid | Lainedz - 60 Paladin

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kharismal Abyss View Post
    This just ruined the entire feel of Warlocks.
    It should've been nerfed. They however should buff Life Tap or Drain Life now.

I'm surprised however that they changed entire effect instead of just reducing it's amount (which I've expected).

However if Warlock feel is being automaticly healboted, then I'm glad it's gone - and you should be too, for your colegues won't be lame FOTMers

i can see why this nerf was give. over a 25 min bg game you would get 1.32 million hp for doing nothing but hiting 1 button 1 time at the start of the game and not dieing. i dont like the change but i understand it.

my question is how will improved armors talent affect it now. will it be 100% because if it is 100k+ mana will look realy good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by meliancill View Post
    i can see why this nerf was give. over a 25 min bg game you would get 1.32 million hp for doing nothing but hiting 1 button 1 time at the start of the game and not dieing. i dont like the change but i understand it.

my question is how will improved armors talent affect it now. will it be 100% because if it is 100k+ mana will look realy good.
    and 1.31 million of that would be overhealing =\ I didn't know that the amount of overhealing you did in a bg was at all important...

Deleted
    Hmm... One question - with the changes to ISF (lose the 15% haste, gain 10% damage basically) - are they gonna revert the lovely 15% nerf to all spells they threw at us in the closing days of Cata? Y'kno, the one that was there to make up for the 15% haste buff giving us almost as OP dps as 2-button Arcane mages, which they didn't expect?

Ya it's a really dumb change... I play a lock on and off, and the hp regen is really nice..
    Kurogasa:"Bitch tried to steal my herb... So I typhooned his ass off a cliff"
    Gala:"Why can't he burn in heaven? There can be Holy Fire in Heaven"
    Garrosh Hellscream:"Shut your clever mouth, bitch."
    Terenas Menethil II:"At long last. No king rules forever, my son."
    Kenny:"I'm just waiting for a fire axe to hack through my door one day and see aulio on the other side goin "heeeeeeeeres johnny"
    StarFade:Are you actually serious? To quote every rapper:"How fucked-up is you?"

Quote Originally Posted by Moonlapse View Post
    From a PvE standpoint it doesn't seem like much of a nerf. The health regen was nice from a survivability standpoint, but 20% more mana is 20% less time spent lifetapping, which would technically be a DPS buff (albeit a tiny one).

From a PvP standpoint... well... doesn't everyone already use Demon Armor for PvP already?
    I've also read these forums for a long LONG time now (since end of BC when reached max level with my one and only ever max level, my warlock). And this nerf to PvP/PvE as well as the dumbfoundingly stupid logic and mathematics in the above quote has pushed me to register and make a post.

Just for flavor and style, it doesn't matter what they replace it with, this is a little death for the class in those regards.. about on par with losing siphon life as a dot at the beginning of LK. Some might call it evolving.. (instead of death) but if it's evolution going on it's in the direction of a mage who doesn't heal themselves..

As far as usefulness and Nerf/buff for pvp/pve and the "20% more mana means 20% less life tapping" comments.. NO!! go back to grade 2 mathematics... This is ONE, just ONE less life tap in the whole fight. You start with 20% more, but you don't USE 20% less mana during the fight...................... It's not 20% increased regen.. which I guess is what's confusing half of you. It's >>ONE<< free GCD (only assuming you ever went oom,, so it's nothing for heroic instance bosses if you were destro with replenishment).

As for pvp.. I used fel armor.. the armor part of demon armor is useless against classes that ignore armor or can penetrate mail classes, and the healing portion does nothing for demo who doesn't self heal, nor does it do anything for the other specs while they are CCd or "riding" from one flag/node to another in a rated BG. This is a major nerf for rated BGs in that light, although arena certainly saw a lot of demon armor already.

Hm. I don't like the nerf. But I think I can see why it was done. The passive healing meant that when I noticed I was getting low, I was still higher than just about any other class, and doing a deathcoil, using my healthstone, or drain life, put me to full quickly, and sometimes also meant there's been many fights where there were only 3 people up...me, the healer, and the tank.

I still don't like this at all, though. It was unexpected and unnecessary; after all, a druid or spriest or pally or shammy can stop dpsing to heal themselves up, and spriests like us could dps and heal themselves due to talents.

Deleted
    while this is a huge nerf im seeing this has a "we dont want useless spells" blizz move
    it will force us to move to demon armor for the extra hp in pvp, along with some armor for melees, and make us move to fel armor for pve, to cast less life taps, while helping our healers

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hordie View Post
    while this is a huge nerf im seeing this has a "we dont want useless spells" blizz move
    it will force us to move to demon armor for the extra hp in pvp, along with some armor for melees, and make us move to fel armor for pve, to cast less life taps, while helping our healers
    If anything it's not helping the healers. If we get hit by something we won't have our own passive healing to help out the healers, we'll have healthstone, drain life (lol if you're destro) and death coil. Hurts the healers more than helping IMO.
    Lained - 60 Shaman | Lainedtv - 60 Druid | Lainedz - 60 Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by Hordie View Post
    You cast one less life tap. One. Think about it.

Well, I've been hearing that AffDL is the way to go rather than AffSB. I guess the dev agree? I rather liked having that extra health regen to make things easier for the healer.
    Garrosh: "LOK'TAR! HAVE A HAMBURGER."

I am The Burning Legion - Play Free Online Games

You're not supposed to be able to passively heal your abilities that hurt you on your own. That's what partners are for.

EX - <PIE CHART> US TOP 10 Check 'em out http://piechart-guild.com/