Pro Final Phase of Chimaeron Tricks?

I love to pick the brains of the good folk here at MMO champ. Alot of you are great players.
    So.....here is my question: what tricks do people have up their sleeves for the last phase of Chimaeron? The guild I recently joined is doing 25 man this week, and from what I can tell they are probably going to get to the final phase. Forgive me if this fight is easy sauce and none of this is necessary...... I haven't got to try any of these tricks yet so I have no idea whether or not they are viable.

Would any of these work to keep people alive for the final burn phase? (Or simply post anything else you can remember people doing in your raids)
    1. Hand of Protection on Chimaeron's target
    2. Paladin's Divine Shield when they become his target
    3. Mages Ice Blocking when they become his target
    4. Hunter's Deterrence

Do these prevent damage and keep him on you....or at least drop threat? Hoping some do; also hoping to hear some trick I haven't thought of. Cheers and thanks in advance for input.

They do keep people alive if that is what your asking. We did this with four healers and four dps I am sure you can knock this one out.

He also can't be taunted so having your holy pallys and shit taunt wont work. Just go all nuts and fuck him over.
    Last edited by Zacksauce; 2011-01-11 at 06:44 PM.

If he targets a Mage with Mirror Images up, he will attack the images and they will not die, giving up to 30 seconds of Burn time.

I guess what I was also wondering is if I Ice Block on my Mage do I retain threat? I would assume not, but he is immune to taunt you know, so I wasn't sure if that changes things threatwise. I guess it's good either way - threat drop or he bangs away on an Ice Block. Hand of Protection seems like it would be the most effective especially if a caster was targeted.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan017 View Post
    If he targets a Mage with Mirror Images up, he will attack the images and they will not die, giving up to 30 seconds of Burn time.
    O thats a nice one. Didn't think of that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan017 View Post
    Good stuff.

15+ Year Old Account
    Deterrence will work on Chimaeron and when it's over the Hunter should Feign Death seeing how Hunters are very high on DPS at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    Deterrence will work on Chimaeron and when it's over the Hunter should Feign Death seeing how Hunters are very high on DPS at the moment.
    <3 TY. Keep it coming.

Just GS the tank's, boss should be dead before 2nd tank is.

---------- Post added 2011-01-11 at 07:53 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by kaskadereno View Post
    Forgive me if this fight is easy sauce and none of this is necessary......
    If you hit 20% its a kill 90% of the time, probably one of the easiest fights this tier.
    Last edited by Mudkiper; 2011-01-11 at 08:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mudkiper View Post
    Just DI the tank's, boss should be dead before 2nd tank is.
    ? Divine Intervention? It's not in the game anymore. You mean Hand of Protection....or......???

Quote Originally Posted by kaskadereno View Post
    ? Divine Intervention? It's not in the game anymore. You mean Hand of Protection....or......???
    Why did I say DI... tired, meant GS.

If you top off the tanks before mortality strikes, with damage reducing effects (shield wall, stoneform, pain supp, etc) they can survive through several hits without going below 10k.
    Last stand effects at 1 hp will give a tank an additional hit, as it will brings them to above 10k again.
    Wings / Argent Defender will still cause the target to survive a lethal hit.
    Fade/Shadowmeld/Vanish/Feign/Invisibility/Iceblock/Divine Shield/etc will probably cause Chimeron to walk to a new target, buying a few seconds.

Before the last phase hits, let the tank use Lay on hands if possible and get them both topped off, and ofcourse all dps if possible. What we did was walking him to one corner with the MT, then he will pop all his cd's, then whoever is second on threat (the OT, otherwise he should taunt before the last phase to be second) should go to the other corner and do the same. Whoever is third on threat should be someone that can keep him in control for a good time, rogue can evasion tank, hunters can deterrence, mages can do mirror, whenever you used your "survival"spell, you use vanish/iceblock/fade whatever.
    Make sure your healers are dpsing, and call out whoever is second on threat so he can go to the other corner if possible.
    edit: you can also check kite him to one corner, then do a glyphed hand of salvation/fade on that person, and the person under him goes to the other corner, and when Chimaeron reaches that person the person that had aggro before removes his fade/hand of salvation, then he will have to run back.
    Last edited by madmessias; 2011-01-11 at 08:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jurik View Post
    If you top off the tanks before mortality strikes, with damage reducing effects (shield wall, stoneform, pain supp, etc) they can survive through several hits without going below 10k.
    Last stand effects at 1 hp will give a tank an additional hit, as it will brings them to above 10k again.
    Wings / Argent Defender will still cause the target to survive a lethal hit.
    Fade/Shadowmeld/Vanish/Feign/Invisibility/Iceblock/Divine Shield/etc will probably cause Chimeron to walk to a new target, buying a few seconds.
    Quote Originally Posted by madmessias View Post
    Before the last phase hits, let the tank use Lay on hands if possible and get them both topped off, and ofcourse all dps if possible. What we did was walking him to one corner with the MT, then he will pop all his cd's, then whoever is second on threat (the OT, otherwise he should taunt before the last phase to be second) should go to the other corner and do the same. Whoever is third on threat should be someone that can keep him in control for a good time, rogue can evasion tank, hunters can deterrence, mages can do mirror, whenever you used your "survival"spell, you use vanish/iceblock/fade whatever.
    Make sure your healers are dpsing, and call out whoever is second on threat so he can go to the other corner if possible.
    edit: you can also check kite him to one corner, then do a glyphed hand of salvation/fade on that person, and the person under him goes to the other corner, and when Chimaeron reaches that person the person that had aggro before removes his fade/hand of salvation, then he will have to run back.
    Well I think this thread has a secondary purpose, you know? Getting that "Full of Sound and Fury" achievement should be no problem with these tactics.

I got a chimeran question if I may ask also instead of a new post. We tried him last nite using the tanks taunt at 3 stacks in phase 1. The problem was tanks taking huge damage and going oom by feud. I have heard we should just have the ot taunt for double attacks and mt take it after that. Will this help with healing? Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by tawney View Post
    I got a chimeran question if I may ask also instead of a new post. We tried him last nite using the tanks taunt at 3 stacks in phase 1. The problem was tanks taking huge damage and going oom by feud. I have heard we should just have the ot taunt for double attacks and mt take it after that. Will this help with healing? Any other suggestions would be appreciated.
    Yes the tank that isn't tanking Chimaeron should taunt him during double attacks, altho its crucial that that tank got close to full health so the first strike wont get him under 10k, cause then he will get killed in the next hit. Altho you should still change tanks at around 3debuffs, then they will change roles.

Quote Originally Posted by madmessias View Post
    Yes the tank that isn't tanking Chimaeron should taunt him during double attacks, altho its crucial that that tank got close to full health so the first strike wont get him under 10k, cause then he will get killed in the next hit. Altho you should still change tanks at around 3debuffs, then they will change roles.
    So am I correct thinking that after the first attack as long as the tank is above 10k the 2nd attack can't kill him?

Killed him last night, got the achievement as well for not having more than 2 people die. Got to 20% and poped BL and all other cd's and nuked him. When tanks died, got a rogue to pop evasion and got a nice dodge streak while everyone got him down a bit. When evasion went off, she vanished and he ran between hunters that would FD and paladins that would bubble. Fun boss ^^

Honestly, if your DPS is good the whole 'kite and stay alive' part of it isn't too big of a deal on normal mode.