Has anyone noticed the DF nerf too?

While everyone who has ever dueled/bg/arena'd against a frost mage is rolling in their tears right now about the buffs to our "main" nukes I'm am very curious to how all THREE of the changes will really affect our damage and I am left feeling curious about how blizz had gone about "fixing" our pve damage.

I am at work so admittedly my nunmbers are hastyt and my sample size of encounters is small (read, 1) but I just wanted a quick crossection of how my dps will be affected. to see what you guys think.

first of all, the log I used for my quick maths tried to post a link, I am not allowed yet. world of logs > server US:Lothar > Guild Total Aggression > mage > cdnmute

it is December 29 maloriak try 3 i used for my math

If you are so inclined you may browse through the rest of our attempts/nights. I chose Maloriak because there are no major damage boosts to speak of so you wouldnt get crazy high numbers skewing the data.

also my armory same thing as above, tried to post link, I am the only cdnmute in all of wow though so I should be easy to find

I worked out the overall damage increase to be only 5% for pve. I added 15% to all my IL and frost damage and took 20% off my DF damage. then i subtracted damage lost from df nerf from damage gained from the two buffs. took that number diveded by total damage and voila, 5% increaseish increase. sooooo I ask blizz, why not just make df hit a little harder? or add a dot to it or something then nerf it (the only NON-pvp affecting spell we have) and buff the pvp ones? seems kinda silly.

I am by no means a theorycrafter but after thinking about it, it seems like a pretty underwhelming buff for pve and an unneeded buff to pvp. Please keep this constructive

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cdnverbal View Post
    While everyone who has ever dueled/bg/arena'd against a frost mage is rolling in their tears right now about the buffs to our "main" nukes I'm am very curious to how all THREE of the changes will really affect our damage and I am left feeling curious about how blizz had gone about "fixing" our pve damage.

I am at work so admittedly my nunmbers are hastyt and my sample size of encounters is small (read, 1) but I just wanted a quick crossection of how my dps will be affected. to see what you guys think.

first of all, the log I used for my quick maths tried to post a link, I am not allowed yet. world of logs > server US:Lothar > Guild Total Aggression > mage > cdnmute

it is December 29 maloriak try 3 i used for my math

If you are so inclined you may browse through the rest of our attempts/nights. I chose Maloriak because there are no major damage boosts to speak of so you wouldnt get crazy high numbers skewing the data.

also my armory same thing as above, tried to post link, I am the only cdnmute in all of wow though so I should be easy to find

I worked out the overall damage increase to be only 5% for pve. I added 15% to all my IL and frost damage and took 20% off my DF damage. then i subtracted damage lost from df nerf from damage gained from the two buffs. took that number diveded by total damage and voila, 5% increaseish increase. sooooo I ask blizz, why not just make df hit a little harder? or add a dot to it or something then nerf it (the only NON-pvp affecting spell we have) and buff the pvp ones? seems kinda silly.

I am by no means a theorycrafter but after thinking about it, it seems like a pretty underwhelming buff for pve and an unneeded buff to pvp. Please keep this constructive
    What doesn't makes any sense to me is...They buff ice lance + frostbolt by 15% and reduced mastery by 15% dmg, fair enough, BUT WHY would they nerf Deep freeze, I mean frost dps was kinda lame in the 1st place so my best guess is that it's spelling mistake and that it will be reverted to 20% increase.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Umchilli View Post
    What doesn't makes any sense to me is...They buff ice lance + frostbolt by 15% and reduced mastery by 15% dmg, fair enough, BUT WHY would they nerf Deep freeze, I mean frost dps was kinda lame in the 1st place so my best guess is that it's spelling mistake and that it will be reverted to 20% increase.
    I think Blizzard feel that increasing DF would be far too bursty, and they would rather increase frost PvE damage in a different way.

Quote Originally Posted by Umchilli View Post
    They never said they'd fix anything, they just changed things to screw things up in other ways that's all. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Sindy View Post
    They never said they'd fix anything, they just changed things to screw things up in other ways that's all. :P
    Or they wanted to make more people QQ about icelance by buffing it in both a pvp and pve way...

I strongly urge people planning to post about the so called frost "buffs" read this post first:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...d-before-QQing

Now to respond to this thread:

Yea they've actually lowered frost damage quie a bit in pve with this change and the deep freeze change. 20% base damage reduction from deep freeze plus the 15% reduction from the mastery change (as you can only cast deep freeze for damage with fingers up) means deep freeze does significantly less damage and frostfire bolt also does 15% less damage as you should only be casting it in conjunction with fingers of frost. Seems quite silly to be honest especially considering they were saying that they bought frost pve damage was quite low.
    Last edited by Goliethlol; 2011-01-11 at 09:22 PM.

Well, I think frost damage got a bit nerfed this patch
    I don´t know how numbers will look like but DF will do less damage, that´s for sure.